• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Up Vs. Down Hosting Queue

...Say, just a thought: what happens if a particular user on here becaomes inactive when it's time for them to host a game (or they just forget about hosting one in the first place) for an extended period of time? Because that might prove to be a problem in future cases such as myself, so I'd like to know what'd happen in that event.

...Say, just a thought: what happens if a particular user on here becaomes inactive when it's time for them to host a game (or they just forget about hosting one in the first place) for an extended period of time? Because that might prove to be a problem in future cases such as myself, so I'd like to know what'd happen in that event.
An excellent question. As it so happens, I had a similar thought myself. After discussion with the other F&G staff members, this is what we decided. Please note the the following rule will be added to the OP:
Whenever a version of the game concludes, the next person on the hosting queue has 48 hours from when that version of the game was archived to post the next version.
If they do not post the next version within 48 hours after the previous version was archived, they will be bumped down one slot on the queue, and the person that had previously been after them will be allowed to post the next version.

Does that make sense?

Yeah, that sounds pretty good to me... though I would prefer if the time window was a tad more lenient (three days instead of two because three is a good number or something), but that's just me. I'm OK with that rule. Now I'd better think of something to theme my next one around in the event that Jin goes inactive... Actually, brings up another point:

I assume that, in the event of one person's inactivity, that the next person will be subjectetd to the same 48 hour time restriction and all that, correct? And if so, then what happens if the person that was one slot down from the inactive bloke also happens to themselves be inactive? Because I'm pretty sure that'd just result in an infinate loop of inactivity, wouldn't it?

Oh hey, that De Lancie game I hosted apparently set a record for the fastest finish in the enterity of the game's history or something. I knew it was going to be kinda one-sided, but I didn't expect it to be so astronomically unbalanced. Cool.

In any case, I may as well reserve another slot so I can try and set a record for the longest Up vs. Down.

@Enzap
@Maniacal Engineer
@Scarlet Sky
@TheCapsFan
@Zexy

Back
Top Bottom