• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Up Vs. Down Hosting Queue

OoooOOOooh! A queue! I must join it.
British in me speaking. Sorry.

Anyway, sign me up for v91. I'll probably be dead by then but let's be optimistic, huh? So the closer the better.
tumblr_nwonjnbFmM1qjmus3o2_500.gif

What happens if I just start an Up Vs. Down game without permission? Does it get deleted? What's the point of this queue? I don't get it.

What happens if I just start an Up Vs. Down game without permission? Does it get deleted? What's the point of this queue? I don't get it.
Yes an Up or Down game posted without permission would be closed and archived.

The reason for the queue is that to avoid confusion we decided that we would only have one active Up vs Down game running at a time and the queue was introduced as a fairer way of deciding who would be hosting the games and when.

I can add you to the queue if you would like to host a game?

How did you come to the conclusion of making that rule in the first place?
The rule about not having more than one UvD thread at once is just the rule about not having duplicate versions of the same game.

The rules about the hosting queue came about because there was a high demand of people wishing to host future games but no orderly or fair way to decide who would go next. The queue was brought in to resolve this, it's not a perfect system as it can take time for each host's turn to come around, but it's a much fairer system overall.

I've just changed my name from APkMnTrainer to Seasonal Deerling, so please update that on the queue for v81.

MegaPod now has 47 hours and 20 minutes to post UvD 79. That's certainly more than enough.

Back
Top Bottom