• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Up Vs. Down! Justice League (DC) VS Avengers (Marvel) (Version 23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyo

"Fun tough work taking care of our Eevees." *Purr*
Reaction score
Hai BulbaGarderners!
Ready to continue the fun tradtion of counting up or down!

This is a themed version of up or down to follow on from the successful Mew vs Mewtwo (V9 and V20), Fluffy Bunnies vs Fluffy Clouds, Ash vs Red, Mario vs Sonic, Reshiram vs Zekrom, Arceus vs Giratina, Gym Battles vs Pokemon Contests, Left vs Right, Bowser vs Ganondorf, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma, The Republic vs Trade Federation, and TV Tropes vs Wikipedia from the last 12 times.

@Sword Master; told MCH and myself that SM will be busy to host the games - will leave it up to the two of us for the main hosters - as he knows that we both post a lot in this game.
Along with @returnofmastercrazyhand; - we will be Co-Hosting the future ^ vs v games
Don't worry, SM will still be around to aid when not busy
forgot to mention: MCH and Sword Master, thanks a lot for the theme! Love it.

As is standard for these threads, once players have chosen their side, their usernames will be added to a list in the original post detailing which side they are playing for. Players cannot change sides once they have made their choice.

The Rules Copy and pasted from V22 (which was copied from 21) - with slight modification to match 3 co-hosts instead of just 1
-Game starts at 300
- Avengers (Marvel) can only count up by one point with the goal of reaching 600.
- The Justice League (DC) can only count down by one point per post with the goal of reaching 0.
- Players can choose to play for either team but cannot change teams after the choice has been made.
- No ping-ponging rule still applies which means you cannot make another post in the thread until at least two other users have made a post since you last posted.
-Mass mentions of the entire team are still banned. You may mention up to four people per counting post.
- If an official score tallying is required, contact either Sword Master, MCH or myself- if MCH or myself aren't unavailable or not responding to mentions, please summon a Moderator @Kakuna Matata; @Enzap; or @ScarletSky;). If a Mod summoning occurs, please pause the thread until the Mod arrives whereupon they can tally up the scores. Again, this is only if Sword Master, MCH or myself aren't unavailable and/or not responding to mentions, or if the Mods happen to be in the area and notice the chaos.
-If there is a discrepancy in the scores, assume that my scores are correct because I go back and fix my posts based on ninjas and run occasional score tallies.
-A tie rule is now in place which means if, after 200 pages, there are 4 or less

Justice League (DC)
@BadAssGardevoir;
@Count Dragelsnart;
@Maniacal Engineer;
@PkmSilver;
@Rainbow Cloud;
@Equinox;
@Tusken Raider;
@Lysson;

Avengers: Marvel
HeroicFox
Sword Master
@Dogs And Cats;
@Flopcorn;
@touhougirl;
@Chibster;
@PaulTheProtist;
@ArvAl;
@Sir Palpitoad;
@waterlubber;
@Poke Man;
@Slife;

"DC vs. MARVEL" art by tombancroft (on DeviantArt)
dc_vs__marvel_by_tombancroft-d987tgm.jpg

300!

Last edited:
Yes!
AVENGERS!
301!
I can make official score corrections when needed.

finally, my first Marvel aid!
from opening post, sticking with Marvel.

Huh, I didn't expect to see your username at the top of the OP, Foxy...

Anyway, I'm not too fussed which side wins here, but I'm going with... The one that isn't Marvel. Because nostalgia even if it's really vague nostalgia. 304

Will take a me a few posts or so for puns.
Takes me a while to think of them.
First pun will do with Thor

By the way, can't update the team info when I'm at work (leaving in approximately 45 minutes).
For that I will update when I get home

Huh, I didn't expect to see your username at the top of the OP, Foxy...
yep, I'll be on top on certain versions - along with MCH - we will both be hosting the ^ vs v

Hammer of Thor crushes justice League

Keep it up Thor
(my favorite from Marvel)

Didn't expect to get Ninjad myself too quickly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom