• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Up Vs. Down Special 25th Anniversary Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mip87oWY2b1rpruyro4_250.gif

Last edited:
Wrap up post
six-hundred.jpg

After an early disadvantage, the dragons allied themselves with notorious insane FAIRY Hunter, Denzel Crocker Maniacal Engineer, the Man of Steel. This was always an alliance of convenience, as the dragons enjoyed the extra fire power that ME provided, but many of them wondered what would happen when it became time to pay the piper.

Throughout the battle, ME had been muttering about capturing the FAIRIES and something about a New World Order, but nobody had taken him seriously. After all, the man was a certifiable nut job.

Finally, after a grueling battle, it looked like the dragons had the FAIRIES on the ropes. Although they resisted to the last, they were defeated.

128_pounds_of_pure_insanity___.jpg

Maniacal Engineer began laughing sinisterly.

“At last! At last!” he shouted gleefully, “the FAIRIES have been defeated. Now is the time for my New World Order! NEW WORLD ORDER!!!!!!”

Using his Flash Cannon, ME ripped open a portal into a realm of pure magic, Fairy World.

entrance.png

The insane mechanic joyfully jumped into the portal, and immediately began sapping all of the magic from their power supply, the giant wand.

bigwand.png

Using the magical energy he absorbed, ME began changing Fairy World into his own personal playground.

latest

The dragons attempted to follow, but ME raised a barrier to protect himself until he had completed his task.

Once the giant wand was drained, a terrifying transformation transpired. ME surged with the mystical energy, as he spawned metallic wings and blue armor.

latest

“I am now the Supreme Magical Ruler!” he declared, triumphantly, “all who stand in my way shall be erased from the cosmos!”

“What about us?” demanded the dragons, “we helped you!”

ME scratched his chin thoughtfully for a moment.

“Why yes, so you did,” he said, taking aim with a FAIRY weapon, “and now here’s your reward!”

latest

ME blasted the dragons with a magical energy beam. Weak to FAIRY attacks, the dragons were in danger of being defeated, as well.

Noticing Maniacal Engineer’s rampage, one of the dragons, Rainbow Cloud, sighed wearily. Knowing ME’s unstable nature, he had prepared for this occasion.

RC resurrected his Inverse Battle machine and had a conference with his fellow dragons.

“Maniacal Engineer has gained significant magical powers,” he said, “but once I turn on my Inverse Battle machine, the laws of nature will be reversed, and we’ll have the advantage!”

RC activated the device, just in time for ME to swoop in and start blasting FAIRY attacks. Newly immune to magical attacks, the dragons weren’t even scratched by the onslaught.

“What?!” demanded Maniacal Engineer, “that doesn’t make any sense! Oh well, time for plan b.”

ME once again took out his powerful Flash Cannon and began charging it up. When he had fully charged it, he fired the beam at the dragons.

To everyone’s surprise, the FAIRIES, led by HeriocSylveon, leapt up and tanked the attack. With the Inverse Battle machine in effect, they were barely singed by the metallic beam.

HeroicSylveon landed next to Rainbow Cloud and nodded.

“Let’s finish this!” exclaimed RC.

The Dragons fired off powerful Outrages, Dragon Claws, and Draco Meteors, while the FAIRIES added Moonblasts, Dazzling Gleams, and Pixilated Hyper Voices.

Draco_Meteor.png
Moonblast.png

Maniacal Engineer was knocked off his feet by the powerful wave of attacks, he crashed into a trash can, but still he stood up again, the magical energy healing his wounds as fast as the dragons and FAIRIES could inflict them.

latest

“Okay that’s not working,” said Rainbow Cloud, “lets try something else.”

Working together, Rainbow Cloud and HeroicSylveon created a force field and trapped the insane mechanic inside it.

a_built_in_straitjacket.jpg

As the delusional madman pounded the force field’s walls with fury, Rainbow Cloud and HeroicSylveon shook hands paws and began walking away.

“You realize this is only a stopgap solution, right?” asked Rainbow Cloud, “he’ll get free at some point.”

HeroicSylveon shrugged.

“Yes, but then he’ll be the future’s problem, not ours,” he said.

25 VERSIONS UNTIL ME ESCAPES THE FORCE FIELD!

THE END!

Last edited:
That was fun to read ME

dragons only got lucky since the rest of the team fell asleep :p

Well, good game everybody!

Are we gonna have the Hydrogen vs. Ununoctium idea I have been requesting for so long? We'll still have to wait for the post limit to disappear before the Invincible Trio idea will take shore...

That was fun to read ME

dragons only got lucky since the rest of the team fell asleep :p

Thank you. I do my best.

Anyway, speaking of thanks, I'd like to thank all of you for playing in this Special Anniversary Version of Up Vs. Down. I hope you all had a fun time playing, and I certainly had a good time playing and hosting.

I would also like to thank the other host of UvD over the past 25 versions, namely:
Spyspotter
@Kakuna Matata
@IGN
@Sword Master
and
@HeroicSylveon.

I'd like to especially thank @Rainbow Cloud, my friend and cohost for putting up with ME and my nonsense and putting ME in my place after I went off the deep end.

As my "wrap up" post suggests, I've banned myself from hosting or participating in the next 25 versions of UvD unless some fool releases ME beforehand. This is mostly for comedic purposes, and because I like poking fun at myself.

sorry leetic, I already created ideas for a trilogy related to a certain franchise as well as another idea I had (hint: what is the main rival website of my username? :p)
and the 30th anniversary will probably be digimon versus yokai watch.

Well, that happened. GG or something.

Also, @Maniacal Engineer, why didn't I lead that charge? :( I think I have found an exploit that could potentially prove problematic in future versions of this game. Those on the Fairy side (@Frozen ace trainer in particular) may or may not already be aware of this or you lot could've just figured it out on your own I guess, but I thought I should mention it anyway.

Anyway, my fellow Faries may or may not have noticed an abnormal amount of likes from me during this particular game. Now, while some of those likes were actual signs of me appreciating something ammusing or some good fanart, most of them were on just regular old posts that had nothing amusing in them what-so-ever. The reason behind this unusual behaviour of mine was to notify my fellow Fairies when they could post. Obviously it didn't actually let us win, but it did help us get a strong lead early on. That and, in the late-game, if you were crazy enough, you could go back through the previous pages and like various posts made by (potentially) your entire team, thus creatinging the same effect of a mass-mention without requiring an actual post. Just thought I should point that out.

And now I have run out of things to say, so... I look foward to the next version of this I guess.

Last edited:
I'd rather not be pitted against Heroic or Etrian again, too menacing of opponents o.o though I'd certainly not like to be against ME either xD

And ME, how dare you betray us dragons who helped you! At least I know what to expect in version 50 ;)

Well, that happened. GG or something.

Also, @Maniacal Engineer, why didn't I lead that charge? :( I think I have found an exploit that could potentially prove problematic in future versions of this game. Those on the Fairy side (@Frozen ace trainer in particular) may or may not already be aware of this or you lot could've just figured it out on your own I guess, but I thought I should mention it anyway.

Anyway, my fellow Faries may or may not have noticed an abnormal amount of likes from me during this particular game. Now, while some of those likes were actual signs of me appreciating something ammusing or some good fanart, most of them were on just regular old posts that had nothing amusing in them what-so-ever. The reason behind this unusual behaviour of mine was to notify my fellow Fairies when they could post. Obviously it didn't actually let us win, but it did help us get a strong lead early on. That and, in the late-game, if you were crazy enough, you could go back through the previous pages and like various posts made by (potentially) your entire team, thus creatinging the same effect of a mass-mention without requiring an actual post. Just thought I should point that out.

And now I have run out of things to say, so... I look foward to the next version of this I guess.

I noticed that. It's not a game changer or a guarantee that your teammates will post.
It was also a tactic used on both sides, since Lysson was also Liking posts a lot.
If you really, really want to break the game, just watch the thread, which you can do now. That tells you every time someone posts in the thread.

I'd rather not be pitted against Heroic or Etrian again, too menacing of opponents o.o though I'd certainly not like to be against ME either xD

And ME, how dare you betray us dragons who helped you! At least I know what to expect in version 50 ;)

I always have a reason for doing what I do, and it's usually a self-centered one. ME also stands for Massive Egotist, you know...
In any case, my "wrap up" post was mostly to promote cooperation between the two sides by giving them a common enemy. UvD games are supposed to be fun, but, like the previous UvD version I hosted, the fun quickly diminishes if both sides are hostile to each other. Not saying that happened this time, but it is something I would like to avoid in the future.

Naw, I enjoyed your role play especially since I loved Fairly Odd Parents as a child and your closing story was very awesome ;)
As I said, I do my best to be entertaining. There's a good reason that I am the most Liked user in this forum.
I also really do throw myself into the various roles of the characters I theme, be it Denzel Crocker, Dr. McCoy, Trelane, the Doctor, or just a dancing Troll gif. I also try to make said themes appropriate or relevant to something that's going on. This particular match up has been hyped since the end of Version 13, so I had a lot of time to think of a hilarious theme.

As for the end post, I worked on that for a few days before game end. Some of the pictures were literally added yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom