• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Up vs Down v86 - Not Squidding around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainami

beseech the stars
Reaction score
hello humans, and welcome to the 86th version of Up verses Down! I am your lovely host, Rainami. As most of you already know, I like squids...so I figured, what better theme for me to host than somefin related to them? That's right, the theme for this version is Blooper vs. Inkay!

200px-Blooper_-_MarioPartyStarRush.png

Blooper is a common enemy from the Super Mario series of video games, and can usually be found patrolling underwater levels. It has a peculiar pattern of movement, as can be seen here.

Moving-Blooper.gif

In some games, Bloopers have the ability to spit ink at foes -- this can serve as quite the annoyance in the Mario Kart games in particular, where said ink splatters all over the screen. There has been a notable number of instances where a giant Blooper has appeared as a boss, including but not limited to Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and Super Paper Mario. On occasion, Bloopers are even playable, such as in Mario Party 8 and Mario Tennis Aces. For further information on Bloopers, see here.

250px-686Inkay.png

Inkay is a Dark/Psychic type Pokemon introduced in generation VI. By flashing its light spots, it can make opponents lose their will to fight, and will usually proceed to take the opportunity to scuttle away and hide somewhere. Alternatively, it will use its light flashing to draw in prey. It can also use its signature move, Topsy-Turvy, to inverse an opponent's stat changes. At lv. 30, it evolves into Malamar, if the 3DS is held upside down. For further information on Inkay, see here.

Rules:

1. All standard Bulbagarden & F&G rules apply.
2. Those who wish to join Blooper's Inky Ensemble will count upwards towards 500. Those who would rather be a part of Inkay's Topsy-Turvy Team will count downwards towards 0.
3. You cannot switch sides after you've chosen. I'd prefer if you mentioned me in your first post so I can be sure to add you to the OP.
4. No ping ponging. Once you post here, you must wait until at least two other members have posted until you can post again.
5. Don't make this as one sided as version 85, or I'll cry.

Blooper's Inky Ensemble

@Rainami
@MegaPod
@Icy Wind
@Chidamari Sketch
@Dragostea D'Entei
@Moon Umbreon
@Lauralegal
@John Doe

Inkay's Topsy-Turvy Team

@ZinnLav
@Rainbow Cloud