• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Up vs. Down Version 59: Gleaming Gems and Mystical Mysteries (Steven Universe vs. Gravity Falls)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wispy Willow

Ducks
Reaction score
Greetings, one and all, and welcome to yet another version of Up vs. Down, hosted by Yours Truly! Today, as you can probably tell from the title, we have a tustle between two rather well-liked cartoons - Steven Universe, in which a group known as the Crystal Gems always saves the day from alien threats (among other things), and Gravity Falls, where numerous odd occounrences happen in a the titular town of Gravity Falls and it's up to Dipper and Mabel (and some other characters too) to get to the bottom of it.

Anyway, for those of you who might not have played one of these before even though all of you reading this probably have, here's how this game words:

-This game basically involves two sides trying to count from a middle-ground number, 250 in this case, with each side moving said number one point either upwards or downwards each time someone posts until either side's goal (500 for those going up, 0 for those going down) has been reached.
-Shhhhh, it's a seeecret.
-As for which side goes up and which goes down, well, the Crystal Gems' Companions from the universe of Steven are aiming for space by counting up to 500, while the Mystery Shack Sidekicks of Gravity Falls will be, rather appropriately, falling down to 0.
-Oatmeal, are you crazy?
-Also, once you have choosen a team, you are stuck with said team until this version is over and done with, so consider your options carefully. Or don't, up to you.
-yay
-And finally, if you post before two other players have done so (in other words, if you're ping-ponging), then your post shall not be counted. Please refrain from doing that.
-I wonder if anyone'll ever notice these...
-Oh, and this isn't a rule so much as a recomendation - if you are posting in this version of the thread for the first time, then I would advise you to mention Yours Truly when doing so, since that'll help me keep the team lists up to date.

Also, for those that are unfamiliar with either side, I shall give you a quik taste of both of them via posting their intros in the spoilers below. After all, you can tell a fair amount about a show from its intro, can you not? Probably not enough to make an informed decesion, but it's better then nothing, so here you go.

Anyway, that's all the blathering on I intend to do for a whie, let the cartoon violance begin!

Crystal Gems' Comrades:
-Zexy
-Arylett Charnoa
-Yours Truly
-Lone_Garurumon
-Crystal Onix
-Rainomi
-Peekaboo Pikachu

Mystery Shack Sidekicks:
-The Light
-AnimePsyclone
-MegaPod12
-Junpei Tenmyouji
-poke trey
-the OLDEN one
-Fluttershy of Light
-Subarashii
-Max1996

Last edited:
Don't mind me, I'm just going to join the universe of Steven to make this slightly less one-sided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom