• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Up vs. Down version 89: Match of the Mythical Mels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello, Bulbagardeners, and welcome to the 89th version of Up versus Down! For this round, I thought I'd pit two of my favorite Mythical Pokémon against each other: Meloetta and the Meltan family!

Banner by MegaPod (that's me!)

Meloetta, a Mythical Pokémon introduced in Generation V, is known for its beautiful vocalizations that can positively or negatively alter the feelings of those who hear it. Meloetta's signature move, Relic Song, allows it to switch between its two formes. In its default Aria Forme, Meloetta is a Normal/Psychic type with emphasis on its special stats; when it changes into its Pirouette Forme, Meloetta becomes a ballerina-esque Normal/Fighting type with emphasis on its physical stats and speed.

Meltan is a curious little Mythical Pokémon introduced at the end of Generation VII through the mobile game Pokémon Go. This Steel-type is a tiny blob of metal with a hex nut for a head, and it eats by dissolving metals into its own body. When enough Meltan instinctively converge together, they become Melmetal, a metallic behemoth revered long ago for its ability to create iron out of nothing. This makes Meltan and Melmetal the only Mythical Pokémon discovered so far to be in an evolution family.

Now that you're familiar with the Mythical Pokémon representing each team, all that's left is for you to decide: will you try to help the count hit a high note with Meloetta's Mellifluous Musical Masters, or will you corrode the number to nothingness with Melmetal's Mercury-Molded Melters?

Here are the rules:
  1. The count starts at 250. Meloetta's Mellifluous Musical Masters count up by one with each post, and Melmetal's Mercury-Molded Melters count down by one with each post.
  2. No changing teams once you have joined one. Please mention me, @MegaPod, in your first post so that I can keep track of both teams easier.
  3. No back-and-forth between two posters; you must wait until two other players have posted before posting again!
  4. The game continues until one side wins. Meloetta's Mellifluous Musical Masters win if the number reaches 500, and Melmetal's Mercury-Molded Melters win if the number reaches 0.
Good luck to both teams, and have fun!

Teams:

Meloetta's Mellifluous Musical Masters
Melmetal's Mercury-Molded Melters
Now let's begin!

Last edited:
I prefer meltan to meloetta, but find melmetal to be hideous. Which team to join? What a conundrum...

I guess I'll go with meloetta

@MegaPod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom