• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Upcoming Battle Competitions for Global Link

Reaction score
Apart from the upcoming Ratings Battle Seasons we also got some information on specialized tournaments these coming months.

The next competition called the International Challenge-June will be open to all international Global Link users. It will be held during late June. It will be using the exact same rules that the International Challenge-May is currently running. Additional information about this tournament is unknown at this time.

The next competition called the Eevee Friendly Match will be held in July. It is a Rotation Battles tournament, with only Eevee, Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon eligible for use. This is the first Eeveelution-specific tournament that will include Sylveon for eligibility.

The next competition called the All-Star ☆ Battle will also be held some time in July. All Pokémon in the National Pokédex including the normally ineligible Legendary Pokémon may be used. The only Pokémon ineligible for this tournament is Diancie. This tournament is a Double Battles tournament, and only two Legendary Pokémon may be used on each team.

The next competition called the Think Fast! Double Battle!! will be held in August. Unlike in previous tournaments, participants will not know what Pokémon their opponent will be using. It is a Double Battles tournament, with each player using up to three Pokémon per battle. This tournament will also be using the shorter time limits.

The next competition called the Fairy-type Cup will be held in the fall. This tournament will be restricted to Pokémon that are Fairy-types. Additional information about this tournament is unknown.

The next competition called the Halloween Party will also be held some time in the fall. This tournament will be restricted to Pokémon that are Ghost-types. Each player must have a Gourgest present in their team to be able to participate. Additional information about this tournament is unknown.

I'm a sucker for monotype teams so I'll be trying out the Fairy and Ghost competitions. All-Star ☆ Battle is going to be crazy with them unleashing legendaries. Which ones are you planning to try?

Re: Upcoming Battle Competitions

I'm obviously going for the Fairy tourney, maybe the Eevee and Ghost ones if I can get a team together, I'm absolutely going for the All Star one and the International Challenge and I might go for the Think Fast ones... Might.

Last edited:

I might end up doing the think fast tourney. Maybe the Fairy Cup tourney. The Fairy Cup tourney will probably run similar Pokemon on all teams. Klefki, M-Mawile, M-Gardevoir, Sylveon, etc.

I might go for the Eevee, Think Fast, and Halloween Party but I'm probably only going to participate in one of them. Maybe Halloween Party since I already have a nearly completed Ghost team I could use.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom