• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Upcoming Episodes Preview

I mean he's gonna have to lose to Leon when he eventually appears in the show because the writers can't make Leon look bad, so I dunno if Rihanna's ingame lore really matters.
It's interesting to note that whilst Raihan never beat Leon, he's stated to have KO'd more of Leons Pokémon in a match than anyone else. Thus I'm curious to see if that translates into the anime with him being more of a threat to Leon than say Lance. :unsure:

Since we see Mega Lucario I figure Z-Moves will reappear at some point as well (I suppose Ash's power ring being in his room could be a Chekhov's gun in that regard).

It's mostly because I'm cruel, but I'd find it hilarious if Ash battled someone and busted out all the new mechanics one after the other and his opponent doesn't have any of them.
Gengar Mega Evolves and eats it's opponent, Pikachu uses 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt and fries one, then Dragonite Dynamaxes and blasts the last one away.
How about making things more busted by lets say, adding in Ash-Greninja?
MUAAHAHAHAHA

Seriously though, that'd be hilarious. If Tobias comes back, send all that busted shit his way.
muahahaha

Seriously though, that'd be hilarious. If Tobias comes back, send all that busted shit his way.
That's what I started thinking later. Tobias wants to play hard ball you play right back. He pulls a Darkrai, you pull a Dynamax; he sends one of your Pokémon to sleep, you send one of his to it's Pokéball (with a superpower Z-Move), that's the Chicago Pallet Town way.

About that Sobble scene. We know Ash is talking over it, but what are the chances that we get faked out/trolled here and it ends up being a voice clip from a different episode, which could result in Ash not getting Sobble? Maybe I'm overthinking it here, but I'm just wondering.
I don't think it's too likely. They'll want to showcase Sobble at some point and Ash is already past the expected point for a Galar starter.

I'm impressed they 100% recycled Korrina's animation from her Gym Battle episode in XY. How in tarnation don't the art styles clash?

vMGI7x3.png

fIStjPP.png

Last edited:
I'm impressed they 100% recycled Korrina's animation from her Gym Battle episode in XY. How in tarnation don't the art styles clash?

vMGI7x3.png

fIStjPP.png
I mean, Pocket Monsters resembles XY's artwork if you really look at it. And keep in mind, that first shot was done in Korrina's dimly lit Gym, hence the shading. Taken out of that environment, and it's basically identical.

I'm not holding up hopes for continuity and old characters, especially companions.

Oh, come on. You're seeing an old character right now. Not saying that you shouldn't keep your expectations in check, but doesn't this last preview inspire at least a little bit of hope (along with all the continuity we've gotten already)?

Oh, come on. You're seeing an old character right now. Not saying that you shouldn't keep your expectations in check, but doesn't this last preview inspire at least a little bit of hope (along with all the continuity we've gotten already)?
One who has blatantly reused animations.

That's one scene. ONE SCENE. And Lance didn't have any reused animations, did he? (And don't it's because he's from Kanto. That has NOTHING to do with the fact that they reused animation for Korrina.)
I think you should just give up on RileyXY1. You should know by now that most of his/her statements end up backfiring him/her.

That's one scene. ONE SCENE. And Lance didn't have any reused animations, did he? (And don't it's because he's from Kanto. That has NOTHING to do with the fact that they reused animation for Korrina.)
Lance never even interacted with Ash. There's no indication that Korrina would even interact with Ash.

Diantha is the least likely, considering her job as an actress and she likely doesn't have time to participate in real tournaments if she doesn't have too.
By that logic she wouldn’t have gotten badges (or competed in the league in the anime universe) to be champion.
can easily eliminate Siebold and Wikstrom,
Siebold actually appeared in ME Specials, and one of the people who actually defeated Alain, so he might appear. They may put in a character not featured before for a sense of novelty.

but I'd find it hilarious if Ash battled someone and busted out all the new mechanics one after the other and his opponent doesn't have any of them.
I find the thought of him wearing 3 bracelets together hilarious.

It might just be blatant Masters promotion. At least this saga isn't set in Pasio.
Come on now, stop already. It seems like you're trolling at this point.

The preview clearly has Korrina calling Ash by his name and talking to him, how is that "blatant Masters promotion" and why is it so farfetched for you to expect her to be a PWC contestant and continuity element? And how does recycling a scene indicate that past characters won't return, especially when it's the absolute opposite?

Actually you know what? Don't respond back to me if you're just going to say the usual "I think/don't think x and y and z etc etc". I'll only read something that has weight to it.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom