• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Upcoming Episodes Preview

Sonia appears to be shown through a "crush filter" with all that glowing, but I am not sure from whose perspective. I don't think Ash has ever had a crush filter for someone and Gou doesn't have that characterization either for characters who aren't Ash. Brock isn't there... that leaves Koharu maybe (just because we know so little about her)? Or are we getting a new Brockish companion?

Japan's official YouTube account posted the preview on their channel. It already has over 300k views and the best part is that Sobble is in the thumbnail :giggle: <3 :

View: https://youtu.be/mzXApq_Zy9Q

Edit: With Sobble being in the thumbnail, I wonder if that increases it's chances of being on Ash's team. They were already high to begin with because of this preview, I wonder if those odds went up even more because of this.

Edit: With Sobble being in the thumbnail, I wonder if that increases it's chances of being on Ash's team. They were already high to begin with because of this preview, I wonder if those odds went up even more because of this.
The preview literally shows Ash flat out asking Sobble to join him, so if it doesn’t, it won’t even be the flat out technically that’s all was advertised, entitled fans, you shouldn’t have read into that; it would be blatant misleading advertisement.

The preview literally shows Ash flat out asking Sobble to join him, so if it doesn’t, it won’t even be the flat out technically that’s all was advertised, entitled fans, you shouldn’t have read into that; it would be blatant misleading advertisement.
I'm just paranoid about a fake out. Like, what if that's a voice clip that'll be used in a different episode (like a potential episode where he catches something like Grookey or maybe even the Riolu episode)? I'm worried the writers would pull a dick move like that.

I'm just paranoid about a fake out. Like, what if that's a voice clip that'll be used in a different episode (like a potential episode where he catches something like Grookey or maybe even the Riolu episode)? I'm worried the writers would pull a dick move like that.
That would be more the advertisers than the writers, I think.
I understand your concern--you should always be a bit skeptical of ads--but in this case I don't see any reason for them to have that scene then pull a gotcha.

Looking a bit closer at the light that shows up after Raboot uses Ember in the rain, it kinda looks like Sunny Day. Perhaps Raboot will learn the move to boost its firepower in the upcoming episode(s). If so, maybe Gou's the one who is trying to teach it that to make up for his earlier behavior?

If you pause it well enough at the light, the gray parts look like receding storm clouds.

Sonia appears to be shown through a "crush filter" with all that glowing, but I am not sure from whose perspective. I don't think Ash has ever had a crush filter for someone and Gou doesn't have that characterization either for characters who aren't Ash. Brock isn't there... that leaves Koharu maybe (just because we know so little about her)? Or are we getting a new Brockish companion?

Might be for a single Galarian Slowpoke? They showed a bunch of them having heart background right after, so maybe she's attractive to them?

I can't it happening from Gou or Ash's perspective either...unless one of their Pokemon has a crush on her. Or it could be Renji if he comes along to Galar or something.

You don’t know what you have unleashed
Let's not act like we haven't seen Pokémon attracted to humans before. Meowth spents years fantasizing about Giovanni in sometimes decidedly under-dressed states and was pretty blatantly crushing on the woman with the Paras in Kanto (Cassandra, I think).
Not to mention Bayleef.

Magazine scans have revealed episode title of episode 24:

5/3 SS024 Take a break, Team Rocket!

Giovanni has ordered all Team Rocket members to rest up. The TRio has decided to relax at a vacation island in the Sinnoh region, but they happened to find Ash and Go who have come to investigate the island. Thinking that "this is a good chance to steal Pikachu", TRio is all fired up; but if they work here, they would be going against Giovanni's orders. At the same time, Matori, heading the Matori Matrix, has appeared on the island, and is starting to steal the Pokemon on the island. TRio thus decided to hide their identities, to help Ash?!

I don't know how to translate the staff names :p

脚本:面出明美
分镜:浅田裕二
演出:浅田裕二
作画监督:岩根雅明,志村泉

Edit: The magazine didn't outright say "Matori Matrix", but rather that she is leading an elite team.
But come on! That is definitely the Matori Matrix!
I'm also hoping the vacation island is one of James' resort homes

Magazine scans have revealed episode title of episode 24:

5/3 SS024 Take a break, Team Rocket!

Giovanni has ordered all Team Rocket members to rest up. The TRio has decided to relax at a vacation island in the Sinnoh region, but they happened to find Ash and Go who have come to investigate the island. Thinking that "this is a good chance to steal Pikachu", TRio is all fired up; but if they work here, they would be going against Giovanni's orders. At the same time, Matori, heading the Matori Matrix, has appeared on the island, and is starting to steal the Pokemon on the island. TRio thus decided to hide their identities, to help Ash?!

I don't know how to translate the staff names :p

脚本:面出明美
分镜:浅田裕二
演出:浅田裕二
作画监督:岩根雅明,志村泉

Edit: The magazine didn't outright say "Matori Matrix", but rather that she is leading an elite team.
But come on! That is definitely the Matori Matrix!
I'm also hoping the vacation island is one of James' resort homes
Can you provide images of these scans?

Can you provide images of these scans?
8de982e8dbb535e45f0f1422616292d9d98e5f93.jpg@612w_1532h.webp

Episode 25's title has also been revealed by Dephender on Serebii: "May 10th: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!"

I know it's coming soon, but it looks like we'll be waiting for more than a month for Sobble's debut just based off those titles. :(

Last edited:
Episode 25 has also been revealed by Dephender on Serebii: "May 10th: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!"

I know it's coming soon, but it looks like we'll be waiting for more than a month for Sobble's debut just based off those titles. :(
The Korrina episode!

One of the animation directors for SS024 is Masaaki Iwane, here's hoping he works on SS025 as well

Ugh... more anime exclusive locations. Lemme guess, SS025's tournament/festival also takes place in some isolated anime original location.
It's the same island as the ones from the games with the resort they are talking about here

Omg I hope this is bloody confirmed! I need the DP bikini/speedos combination to come back :p

There are only two large resort locations in the games in Sinnoh, the one at Lake Valor and another in the Battle Frontier area and none of these are mentioned by name in that preview, hence giving the impression that it's an anime original location (that, and their track record so far in this series).
I saw another translation which specifically refers to it as the Resort Area

There are only two large resort locations in the games in Sinnoh, the one at Lake Valor and another in the Battle Frontier area and none of these are mentioned by name in that preview, hence giving the impression that it's an anime original location (that, and their track record so far in this series).
They've visited a lot of game-original locations.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom