• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Upcoming Episodes Preview

Episode 25 being a battle festival kinda suggests it has nothing to do with the PWT. Its also kinda convenient this is after episode 22 (The Hoenn episode, where Raboot and Go seem to train together), so Go might enter here as well. Its also a good thing for Riolu and Dragonite, since they might battle in some battles as well (And they might all be 1v1 or a battle slideshow).

Giovanni has ordered all Team Rocket members to rest up. The TRio has decided to relax at a vacation island in the Sinnoh region, but they happened to find Ash and Go who have come to investigate the island. Thinking that "this is a good chance to steal Pikachu", TRio is all fired up; but if they work here, they would be going against Giovanni's orders. At the same time, Matori, heading the Matori Matrix, has appeared on the island, and is starting to steal the Pokemon on the island. TRio thus decided to hide their identities, to help Ash?!

Two things:

1) They're bringing Matori back? That's... surprising, considering she was absent in Team Rocket's first episode in this series. But surprising in a good way. This and the Korrina fight coming up really make it seem like they're going into continuity at full throttle (which is about damn time). Which is great! But...

2) That summary... Jeez! You've got Team Rocket taking a break on some island, while also disguising themselves so as to help Ash and Go (who just so happen to be on the same island as them) thwart Matori and her goons' plans (who just so happens to be on the same island as them... again), while those two are also researching... something. Am I the only one worried that they're putting way to much stuff into this episode? Or the only one who finds the "How convenient" levels to be insane? I don't know, the summary really... gives me a bad felling about all this.

(Sorry for the intrusion but

2) That summary... Jeez! You've got Team Rocket taking a break on some island, while also disguising themselves so as to help Ash and Go (who just so happen to be on the same island as them) thwart Matori and her goons' plans (who just so happens to be on the same island as them... again), while those two are also researching... something. Am I the only one worried that they're putting way to much stuff into this episode? Or the only one who finds the "How convenient" levels to be insane? I don't know, the summary really... gives me a bad felling about all this.
To be fair, TRio tends to have some of the worst luck, especially with the twerps coming to the same place as them :p

I will give you Matori and her squad though. I feel like if they wanted to have an antagonistic force for TRio here, they could’ve gone with Rumika/Jessebelle (since James canonically used to vacation in Sinnoh and has several estates all over and Sinnoh was the last place we saw her) but I think this episode could still be a lot of fun. Musashi and Kojiro disguising themselves to team up with the twerps to bring down another more evil Rocket member they don’t like is so them (I’m pretty sure they’ve done it with Biff and Cassidy before or at least something similar in the baby Lugia arc). I also like that the TRio don’t know how to handle they have instructions from the boss himself to just have a vacation and they’re conflicted over that. I don’t know why but I love that (and I know I’ve seen a fanfic or two where TRio have orders from the boss and get distracted by Pikachu being present)

Carry on :)

looks like the Korrina episode was to originally air on May 10th?
agEr2rw.jpg

If TV-Tokyo was smart, they wouldn't just air old Pocket Monsters (2019) episodes from this week onward but would instead air episodes from the older series that tie in to the batch we know coming up. This is all assuming there's nothing preventing TV-Tokyo from airing older series in Pocket Monsters (2019)'s timeslot:
  • Take a few weeks to air some of the older Corni episodes from XY. Maybe her debut episode, the one where she gets Lucarionite, and then the Gym Battle? That's a whole three weeks' worth of content right there.
  • One week air the episode of Sun & Moon where Matori visits the Alola region to reacquaint viewers with the character.
  • Air older episodes with Wataru (I think the Jouto Lake of Rage two-parter would be great) in case he ever appears again.
  • Re-air the three part Mewtwo Lives TV special to gear up for the eventual TV airing of Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution that we all know is coming in July.
  • Cut up the Lucario movie over the course of two or three weeks to re-introduce viewers to the concept of Aura.
If the hiatus lasts longer than a couple of months then they can also start selecting episodes that'll get the fans talking. If they air an episode featuring, say, Shirona, then that'd fuel speculation that the Sinnoh champion's going to show up in a future, unannounced episode. Air the episode where Iris gets Kairyu and that'll fuel speculation of a Kairyu vs. Kairyu battle sometime down the road. "Why did they air the episode featuring this particular Pokémon? Do you think someone's going to get one of their own in the future?"

The point is, if used properly this rerun slot could be a great opportunity to keep the fans engaged throughout the duration of the hiatus.

(with that said, they'll probably just mindlessly rerun epsiodes 1-22 of the 2019 series and call it a day)

Last edited:
Anyone know what episode they'll be airing tonight? If it's not the 1st episode, it might give us an idea on how long they expect to remain on hiatus.

Anyone know what episode they'll be airing tonight? If it's not the 1st episode, it might give us an idea on how long they expect to remain on hiatus.

According to TV Tokyo the 7:00 airing on BS TV Tokyo is First in the Isshu Region! The Raid Battle at the Ruins!! (Episode 14) while the 18:00 airing on TV Tokyo just has the generic description for the series with no episode mentioned. I'm assuming the same episode will be rerun at this time but I'm not overly familiar with TV Tokyo's rerun tendencies.

According to TV Tokyo the 7:00 airing on BS TV Tokyo is First in the Isshu Region! The Raid Battle at the Ruins!! (Episode 14) while the 18:00 airing on TV Tokyo just has the generic description for the series with no episode mentioned. I'm assuming the same episode will be rerun at this time but I'm not overly familiar with TV Tokyo's rerun tendencies.

If my earlier idea is correct, that's about 10 weeks of hiatus. Oof...

If they air an episode featuring, say, Shirona, then that'd fuel speculation that the Sinnoh champion's going to show up in a future, unannounced episode. Air the episode where Iris gets Kairyu and that'll fuel speculation of a Kairyu vs. Kairyu battle sometime down the road. "Why did they air the episode featuring this particular Pokémon? Do you think someone's going to get one of their own in the future?"
I'd rather that doesn’t happen if there are no actual plans of said character appearing. They already tried that bait speculation strategy with the Pichu episode, the Ho-oh episode, the Bulbasaur episode which actually never lead to anything and it’s pretty annoying to speculate, just to discover that it’s a bait.

Realistically, they’ll avoid any non-OS saga rerun like the plague.

There is something in the preview that have been bothering me for some time:
Captura.PNG

Is this the famous Bishie Sparkle troupe?

So someone really thinks that Sonia is atractive and possibly fall in love with her. But who is it? Is Ash or .... ¿¿¿¿GO????

There is something in the preview that have been bothering me for some time:
View attachment 132827

Is this the famous Bishie Sparkle troupe?

So someone really thinks that Sonia is atractive and possibly fall in love with her. But who is it? Is Ash or .... ¿¿¿¿GO????

For all we know its Koharu.

Has anyone translated this yet?? Dephender from Serebii seems to have fell off the face of the earth so we need a translation lol.
Sorry, but I don't have any. Maybe if someone with enough knowledge has time, they can do it.
I saw a translation on another thread yesterday. Maybe it was on episode 25 preview thread?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom