• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Upcoming Episodes Preview

A new cover from Animedia magazine with Ash, Gou, Pikachu, Raboot, Leon & Raihan.

View: https://twitter.com/iid_animedia/status/1256161464030687237

EW7H_DqU0AM8jYY

So will ash battle the Galarian gym leaders in the format he’s battling other trainers

Outside of Raihan's history with Leon, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the more "competitive" (and popular) Gym Leaders are somewhere in the Super/Hyper classes. I doubt Ash will get to battle them all, but I can see him battling a few on his way up the ranks (he's free to win/lose against them depending on how the writers are feeling about it).

The way Galar is set up in the games to be hyper-focused on battling makes me think that their Leaders will be the most competitive set we see in the anime.

Battling them is also the best way for Ash to get experience in battling with/against Dynamax Pokemon (and against trainers using them).

So will ash battle the Galarian gym leaders in the format he’s battling other trainers

I hope so. I'd really like to see the Galar Gym Leaders still show up in the anime. I like them a lot and it would still give some attention to the new characters from the games even if they aren't doing the traditional Gym Badge quest this time around.

From the official Twitter, Raihan's voice actor is Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Barry in DP, Yuji in Baka to Test, Sugata in Sora no Otoshimono, Takao in Kuroko no Basuke, Haru in Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Makoto in Free!, Ban in Nanatsu no Taizai, Ranmaru in Uta no Prince-sama, Shinya in Owari no Seraph,...)

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1257867688774230019

EXOqEa3U8AIfHHl

Last edited:
Since we've gotten translations for SS027 and SS028 thanks to AshandSerena on Twitter, I'll just do the translations for the other episodes:

SS025: A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!
Ash has decided to join the Battle Festival held in the Kalos Region. Lots of participants at this festival are also PWC contestants, so this is a great opportunity to raise your ranking. Ash successfully advances into the later rounds and battles with Korrin, a gym leader from the Kalos Region whom he has battled before, in a match that shall determine whether he can enter the Super Rank class, how will Ash face off against Korrin's Mega Lucario?

SS026: a: Jump, Magikarp! b: Worship, Slowking!
a. Gou signs up for the "Magikarp Jumping League". However Gou's Magikarp is fat, and doesn't seem like it will ever manage to win. So Gou's decides to take note of the league's absolute champion Haruhi's muscle training video, and start his special training of Magikarp.
b. Ash and Gou have arrived at the Island of Slowpoke, where there are only Slowpoke as far as the eye can see. Following the appearance of Slowking, mysterious changes happen to Ash.

SS029: Electrifying (Literally: Pachi Pachi) Jealousy, Yamper's Feelings!
At Professor Sakuragi's home, today is yet again another normal day of life. Under these circumstances, family member Yamper found an injured Pidove and took it back home. In the process of taking care of Pidove, Koharu and Sota are deeply attracted by its cute looks. Yamper doesn't seem to like it that much...

Edit: Personal Thoughts
I am not a fan of a,b episode structures; hopefully SS026 is a one-off thing, the episode summary sounds like something straight out of Yokai Watch...

Edit: Personal Thoughts
I am not a fan of a,b episode structures; hopefully SS026 is a one-off thing, the episode summary sounds like something straight out of Yokai Watch...
So it's an episode with two halves, each with their own plot? I've seen that kind of format used in other shows, but never in Pokémon.

So it's an episode with two halves, each with their own plot? I've seen that kind of format used in other shows, but never in Pokémon.

Maybe. BigDocFan seems to have information to suggest the episode is about something else, so maybe I translated something wrong.

Oh no!! I think I know how the Yamper episode will end.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPbPus04q_k

Also two episodes in 1? Really? Come on....

Splitting an episode into multiple segments is a common feature of anime series aimed at children (Yokai Watch, Doraemon, Chibi Maruko-Chan). However, those series are more episodic in nature. (Aka, you can pretty much watch those series out of order and you won't be lost)

Pokemon is a plot-driven anime, so an a,b episode structure doesn't really work, unless they are planning on further shying away from episodes with connected plots...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom