• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Upcoming Gym Battles thread

I think it will be this way:
-Olympia:Noibat & Frogadier/Talonflame.
-Wulfric:Sixth capture, Hawlucha/Greninja & Pikachu.

Wouldn't Hawlucha with X-scissor make more sense than Fletchinder/Talonflame who doesn't have anything except neutrality in regards to Olympia's psychic Pokemon. And wouldn't Talonflame make more sense than Hawlucha for Wulfric?

I was honestly surprised by how easily Ash seemed to beat Valerie, so I'm hoping that Olympia will be much more of a challenge.

You said that about Clemont, and Pikachu was KOed. You said that about Ramos, and he didn't even take part. I'm not seeing the connection. Plus he didn't even take part with Valerie either.

I'm really struggling to understand why you're STILL assuming that Pikachu will be the star of every gym. Especially after you said this....

Lol, at people thinking that Goodra will star at Lumiose. Just wait till the writers stuff it up and have Goodra flop in the battle and Pikachu starring per usual as seems to be the case as he is getting a lot of focus in the previews for this gym battle. People should just seriously learn to keep their expectations low tbh.

Yeah, great call there. Goodra DID star at Lumiose and Pikachu flopped. And what was it you were saying about people keeping their expectations low?

I wouldn't dismiss Pokepal213's opinion based on previous opinions, because Pikachu hasn't really gotten anything in a long time, outside of the stray win against Clemont's Bunnelby.

It's actually unnerving. Pikachu might not be used against Olympia, maybe if we're lucky, but I'm pretty sure it'll be used against Wulfric, and at that point it will be a 4 gym gap since Korinna that Pikachu got a lot of focus in.

I'm not sure I'm so readily to believe that the reason Pikachu got the first 3 gyms, is because the final 5 gyms will go to other Pokemon. I want to believe that Pikachu will stay away from Olympia and Wulfric, but something tells me its not going to in regards to Wulfric, although this will depend on what Pokemon Ash has before Wulfric.

Well isn't it good? Ash's other pokemon are getting spotlight and they are deserving of it, pikachu not getting much focus is always good it gives oppurtunity to other pokemon to prove themselves and that's exactly what ash's kalos pokemon are doing.

I always believed that pikachu got the first three gyms so ash's other pokemon can get the focua later on.

Well it is good, I just don't want to get my hopes up for Pikachu being the one that gives Ash the Iceberg badge

I do think Olympia isn't likely for Pikachu focus unless it's a 4 on 4 double battle.

I do think that pikachu will be used at the 8th gym but i think it's not gonna star either talonflame or the sixth capture imo needs to star, i can't see noibat starring since it's a baby pokemon.

Yeah i think pikachu is not gonna be used against olympia. I would like two 1 on 1 and one double battle against olympia Hawlucha, Frogadier/Greninja, Noibat and sixth capture(if it happens before that) should compete imo.

I think that Frogadier evolving against Olympia would be an interesting scenario to see as it evolving at the last second into Greninja and gaining a sudden immunity will be funny watch considering that it gains its dark typing, it learning Night Slash and wrecking the Moewstic Cats will be cool as well, although I rather they avoid this scenario since it would be DEM as hell.

Ash's 6th catch will be a Hoenn Mega Evolution, and it will be fighting Wulfric.

I'm also betting on Frogadier evolving during Olympia's gym match.

It's probably going to be a double battle against the Meowstics, so the other pokemon might be Hawlucha with the X-Scissor.

Now that i think about it, we never get to know who was those guys with mega abomosnow and gyarados, maybe M-abomosnow was wulfric's, if it was him then ash has a tough challenege ahead of him. For ash's kalos mon to take down mega bring credibility to their characters and strength.

My presumptions for Olympia would be:

Her gym challenge will appear in 10 episodes or less judging from the opening itself. Well, Wulfric won't be available ATM so my predictions is that his presence might comes at Winter (Perfect for his Ice Type condition! :D).

I figure we'll probably be seeing Olympia around XY 85 at the earliest, though I hope there's a little more time until then for training, development, and other things. I do figure Serena will find the Eevee before we meet Olympia and all and I kinda hope we get another Pokemon Showcase in Anistar City before Ash battles Olympia.

What I really want is a Dark gym Battle, even I bored from gyms battles and bored from saying a gym leader are strong or super strong, However they not that strong too much

Well, we can't have a Dark Gym battle now, I'm afraid. We'll have to wait for Gen 7, to see if such a thing finally happens.

Well, we can't have a Dark Gym battle now, I'm afraid. We'll have to wait for Gen 7, to see if such a thing finally happens.

I wanted to say that it could be possible that we'll get a 3rd version or a sequel like we did in BW with new gym leaders, though Wulfric already appeared in the silhouette in the Volt opening, so I don't think its possible. Ash is probably gonna face the Ice type gym leader for his final badge. Not like how he faced the new gym leader in BW2 for his last badge over the original 8th gym leader.

After XY082, I smell that the next gym, cause after this route, which is set to feature, you are in Anistar gym, what's the point to rush it so fast, by this method Ash and co. will be in 8th gym by 90's or we could see Mega Evolution related stuff happening here.

Well here in Anistar Gym, I want Frogadier to evolve and have a double battle with Pikachu against the Meowstic duo, this being the final showdown.....
According to me, it would be a 3-on-3 battle, with Noibat taking first place up but ending up losing and then frogadier evolving midway the first battle where Noibat left off, then after Greninja wins that, Ash putting up Pikachu along with it so they battle against Meowstic Duo....

Strangely Wulfric has not been seen in the opening yet, which makes one wonder if he really is going to be Ash's eighth gym opponent.

In past series, we have seen Ash battle a different GL for his eighth badge than the GL who appeared in the first versions. Ash fought Juan instead of Wallace, and Roxie instead of Drayden. This may happen again.

After XY082, I smell that the next gym, cause after this route, which is set to feature, you are in Anistar gym, what's the point to rush it so fast.

A route or cave's proximity to a gym location in the games doesn't mean anything to the anime. Remember XY061, the episode that featured the Lumiose Badlands? Or XY062, the episode that featured the Lumiose Power Plant? Well, Ash and co. didn't get to Lumiose City until XY066, four episodes later.

Other examples:
- Reflection Cave appeared in XY037, but Ash and co. didn't arrive to Shalour City until XY043.
- The Baa De Mer ranch appeared in XY053, but Ash and co. didn't arrive to Coumarine City until XY057.

Just because Route 17 is located right outside Anistar City in the games does not mean Ash and co. will arrive to Anistar in XY083.

Last edited:
i think Wulfric is gonna be removed as it was in back 2013/14 when they showed Wulfric in silhouette in the Volt opening , maybe now their plans are changed and they wanna replace Wulfric so that they can release X2/Y2/Z , we can't say if they are really gonna show Wulfric as the 8th GL and maybe this is the reason behind not showing Wulfric in the new opening maybe they just wanna tell us that there is a gap b/w 8th GL and 7th GL

Predictions for Snowbelle Gym?

We've reached that point in the series where we're ready to take on the final and supposedly "strongest" gym leader of the whole batch. Ash will be facing Wulfric, most likely after the Team Flare and Zygarde storyline end, allowing him to earn his final badge and gain entry into the Kalos League.

Based on the games, we know that Wulfric uses an Abomasnow, a Cryogonal, and his ace, Avalugg. Abomasnow knows the moves Ice Beam, Ice Shard, and Energy Ball. Crygonal knows the moves Ice Beam, Confuse Ray, Flash Cannon, and Hail. His Avalugg also knows the moves Avalanche, Crunch, Curse, and Gyro Ball. Usually, though, the anime changes these things up. Wulfric could even get a roster change, ala Grant's Onix, Korrina's Mega Lucario, Clemont's Bunnelby and Luxray, and Olympia using two Meowstic in a double battle. They could possibly even swap out Cryogonal or Abomasnow for Aurorus.

As most XY gym battles have had, the gym leader has presented Ash with a certain move that poses a real threat to him and his Pokemon. Part of me feels like that move is gonna be Avalanche or Hail here, as well as the return of the familiar icy field that Viola used.

What can we expect? Who will be used?

I do wanna see Noivern used here, despite the 4X weakness Noivern would have. We have yet to see Noibat have a major battle, so hopefully we see Noibat participate a bit more, evolve, then train up for Wulfric. We'll probably see Hawlucha here also since he is part Fighting. You could say that we may even see Talonflame because of the Fire typing.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom