• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Upcoming pokemon appearences?

Grave-E

Load of Belloni
Reaction score
Not usually one to jump the gun on this sort of thing, but I thought it was easy to connect the dots on this occassion.

calendar.jpg

Found this calendar image floating around, and noticed that it features some interesting character selctions.
Some of these have already appeared during the first 6/7 episodes of season 2 (Reuniclus, Ferrothorn, Cinccino, Hydreigon), while others (Krookodile, Riolu, Vullaby, Samurott) we know are going to turn up in future episodes thanks to titles and summaries. Some like Corphish and Eevee were also shown on the first promotional poster we saw for the season.

There's also a set of pokemon kid's figures coming out that features a number of the pokemon that also appear on the calendar. It's worth noting that these particular sets have correlated to upcoming pokemon appearences in the show often in the past.

augnews04.jpg

So if these are indeed going by the appearances of pokemon in the show, the remaining characters include these dudes
Corphish(!)
Combee
Lucario
Milotic
Golem
Rhydon
Sunflora
Zangoose
Seviper
Roserade
Golbat
The Eeveelutions
Mareep
Liepard
Altaria
Stoutland
Haxorus
Charizard(!)

Last edited:
calendar.jpg

Time to post all the crazy and over the top speculation about future events that have little to no chance to ever come true :p

Seviper: OMG HE'LL COME BACK TO HELP TEAM ROCKET IN THE TWO-PARTER! or just some random one like the Zangoose
Haxorus: IRIS' AXEW WILL EVOLVE TWICE INSTANTLY!(this should be no surprise :p) Drayden!
Liepard: GRIMSLEY WILL SHOW UP WITH HIS GAMBLING PROBLEMS/ TEAM PLASMA! or just another random one
Vullaby: CILAN WILL CATCH IT BECAUSE RUFFLET ISN'T THERE! or that could be because they didn't have space
Wailord: MARLON! or just the random one that was in the first bw2 ep
Charizard and Corphish: THEY'LL COME BACK AND HELP ASH! or they're just filler..
Roserade: NANDO WILL BE BACK FOR SOME REASON lolno
Staryu: MISTY WILL 100% COME BACK! or maybe it was just about that random Staryu in the Onix episode

Last edited:
Hmm...if this is predicting the future, then I find it odd that some of the remaining 6 pokes that have yet to be said to be coming are not shown (Zweilous, Zoroark, Klang, and Eelektrik. This does seem to hint two of them: Liepard and Braviary)

Roserade: NANDO WILL BE BACK FOR SOME REASON lolno

You're right, he'll be back. Sunflora and Altaria also appear on the poster. Oh, I wish!

Liepard is here, yay! The purple cat is one of my favorite Generation V Pokémon and I hope it makes a good debut, as opposed to what happened with poor Cinccino.
And Milotic... so far, it only appeared under the command of a Top Coordinator or a Frontier Brain. I hope the writers DO NOT break the tradition.

@Human;

I don't see why Wailord linking to Marlon is "wild crazy speculation" after all Marlon is in the opening credits and it is his signature Pokemon along with Jellicent.
Also I woudn't discount the Seviper/Charizard theories either.

I would. If TR actually were to get their Pokémon back, don't you think they would've been displayed on the preview for the TR arc? After all, for the Rockets to get their old Pokémon back would be considered a rather important event in my book. Also, why only Seviper? If we saw either Yanmega or Carnivine there, then maybe I would've bought it, but now, I don't.

If I was to make a guess, I'd say that both Milotic, Lucario and Roserade all belong to Cynthia. She has the three of them in the games, and if Cynthia actually stays in East Unova longer than up to the TR arc, then I could definitely see her reveal some more Pokémon.

Haxorus must belong to Drayden! YESH. The Drayden arc/episode is what I'm looking forward to the most as of now. It's so obvious that Iris really doesn't want to meet him again, so I can't wait to see what awesomeness will unfold once they meet eachother again.

Eeveelutions? Cool. Will we get something like the Eevee-brothers or the Kimono-sisters? I'd be fine with that, however I really want Dento to catch an Eevee. He needs a little fluff ball in his team.

I would. If TR actually were to get their Pokémon back, don't you think they would've been displayed on the preview for the TR arc? After all, for the Rockets to get their old Pokémon back would be considered a rather important event in my book. Also, why only Seviper? If we saw either Yanmega or Carnivine there, then maybe I would've bought it, but now, I don't.

If I was to make a guess, I'd say that both Milotic, Lucario and Roserade all belong to Cynthia. She has the three of them in the games, and if Cynthia actually stays in East Unova longer than up to the TR arc, then I could definitely see her reveal some more Pokémon.

Haxorus must belong to Drayden! YESH. The Drayden arc/episode is what I'm looking forward to the most as of now. It's so obvious that Iris really doesn't want to meet him again, so I can't wait to see what awesomeness will unfold once they meet eachother again.

Eeveelutions? Cool. Will we get something like the Eevee-brothers or the Kimono-sisters? I'd be fine with that, however I really want Dento to catch an Eevee. He needs a little fluff ball in his team.

It doesn't have to be back permanently. Similar to Ash occasionally calling up old Pokemon in Orange Islands or at the end of a league. There could be a filler ep with some festival or some shit and Jessie asks for her Seviper to be sent to her, then sent back at the end of the ep for whatever reason.

Unrelated, but I just noticed that some dates are highlighted. Let's see...Jan. 14, Feb. 11, Mar. 20, Apr. 29, May 3,4, and 6, July 15, Sept. 16 and 23, Oct. 14, Nov. 23, and Dec. 23

Unrelated, but I just noticed that some dates are highlighted. Let's see...Jan. 14, Feb. 11, Mar. 20, Apr. 29, May 3,4, and 6, July 15, Sept. 16 and 23, Oct. 14, Nov. 23, and Dec. 23

I'm not sure, but I think those're just japanese holidays.

Well bugger. They are. Never mind then. (I can't find context for May 6, though)

It doesn't have to be back permanently. Similar to Ash occasionally calling up old Pokemon in Orange Islands or at the end of a league. There could be a filler ep with some festival or some shit and Jessie asks for her Seviper to be sent to her, then sent back at the end of the ep for whatever reason.

Oh, I sincerely doubt that. Even though it only would've been a temporary visit for Seviper, I still see absolutely no reason for Seviper to be the only one to come back.
A festival? With the BW TR? Nah. It is higly unlikely in my book, especially with the fact that Zangoose is on the scan too, which makes me think that both of them will be involved with something.

I just hope Lucario & Riolu being the party with 'em like they've done before. Not saying the episodes with them should be as good as the ones in DP (this is Best Wishes after all. I especially don't want to pressure Li'l R), but it was always a good time when they showed up in DP and hopefully they make it a good time on BW too (even if it'll be a little harder this time)

Riolu is definitely Kotetsu's in my opinion, so I'm wondering if the Lucario isn't a different one. It's unlikely that Kotetsu only battles against Mantain, so I'm wondering if we'll see the Riolu evolve in the gym match.

Unfortunately all the Eeveelutions are there, and not just Glaceon, just to really get things spicy. ;D

Hmm not the first time charizard has appeared, he appeared in be an arrow. Return maybe??

But to an earlier comment that I forgot to and cant be bothered to quote, I agree with your seviper theroy. I mean It might not happen but if they were to bring a serviper back, why not let it be Jesse's, especially with the upcoming plot!!!

(Thank-you BW2 for realising that more universal pokemon needs to be used for sustained anime sucess)

Unfortunately all the Eeveelutions are there, and not just Glaceon, just to really get things spicy. ;D

Funny, I'd say fortunately. It would be a hoot if we had a trainer with all Eeveelutions (screw the rule of six) for a versatile team of almost every type.

(Thank-you BW2 for realising that more universal pokemon needs to be used for sustained anime sucess)

I know, right?

I get what they were trying to do, but boy did it ever backfire.

Not coincidently, the show seems to be getting some of its groove back now that older Pokes are getting on the act...

Last edited:
Hopefully the Corphish and Buizel are Ash's. It seems very odd to see two water types owned by Ash, AND in their unevolved forms (as opposed to say a Corphish and then a Floatzel), appearing in a toy set together.

They were Ash's two previous main water types too, so seeing them appear again would be great. I get the feeling Ash's older pokemon will be making a return shortly.

If we had Milotic, Braviary, Roserade and Lucario we'd have Cynthia with 6 Pokémon seen in BW2 (I'm not counting Gastrodon as people seem to have fogotten about him). This might be alluring to a Cynthia full battle.

Riolu is certainly Kotetsu's. Maybe he'll evolve in an early league round (like Morrison's Beldum)

I excpect the Eeveelutions are just leading up to an Eevee episode.

I don't think the Seviper's Jesse's. It's probably some sort of Zangoose vs Seviper ep.

The three dragons (Altaria, Druddigon and Haxorus) are probably Drayden's, but I'd love to see Iris catching some.

I'm interested about Sunflora and Mareep.

Golbat and Liepard, could be team Plasma or Rocket, Liepard could be Pinot Noirs (?)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom