• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Upcoming XY episodes

Some notes -->

2. Satoshi VS Zakuro! A Fierce Battle At The Shouyou Gym!!
Satoshi finally challenges Zakuro to a Battle in the Shouyou Gym. How will he conquer Zakuro's Iwark's Rock Tomb?! And also, will he be able to overcome the threat of his formidable Chigoras?!

3. A Love Rival for Serena?! What is the truth behind this...?
While on the way, Serena hands out special PokePuffs to everyone. But then a girl named Milfy appears, and starts making fun of Serena's PokePuffs. Sparks begin to fly between Serena and Milfy!!

4. Eureka gets a new Pokemon to Keep?!
A Pokemon known as Flabebe sticks itself to a ribbon that Serena put in Eureka's hair. Eureka is interested in Flabebe, and asks Citron if she can Keep it, but...

5. The Champion, Carne appears! VS Satoshi?!
Carne, the strongest Pokemon Trainer in the Kalos Region, puts in an early appearance! Carne and Satoshi have a Pokemon Battle?! And! Carne's Sirknight MegaEvolves...?! Don't miss this shocking development!

6. Fake Satoshi?! Fake Serena?! Fake Eureka?! ...Huh? What about Fake Citron?
Satoshi, Serena, Eureka... Doesn't something seem different about all of you? They look more grown up, and they seem to be planning evil deeds! The only one without a fake is Citron, but it seems there's a profound reason for that?!

7. The Gym Leader Koruni appears! And then...?!
Koruni, the Shalour City Gym Leader, appears together with Lucario! Is that a Key Stone on Koruni's glove...? And does that mean that Lucario will MegaEvolve?!

Translations from Bluesun

Last edited:
That kanji is soooo blurry. But a translation popped up here before I could even finish this post. :p

Looks like some fantastic stuff is coming up over the next 4 or so months (that's the timeframe right?)

It'd be pretty interesting if Eureka did end up with 2 or 3 Pokémon too.

Everything looks exciting for the upcoming months :-D Ash and Serena, both need to catch new Pokémon asap!

Awwww. So this means Grant will not be using Amaura...and Onix will appear in another Rock-type Gym Leader battle...again...Be prepared to see Pikachu spam Iron Tail everyone.

Yeah, I could do without Onix again, hopefully he has some interesting strategies for it. I'm really looking forward to seeing Tyrunt animated though.

The Ash vs. Grant battle will probably be 2 vs. 2, my ideal match-up would be:

Onix vs. Pikachu --> Pikachu wins
Tyrunt vs. Pikachu --> Tyrunt wins
Tyrunt vs. Froakie ---> Froakie wins

But it'll go something like this:

Onix vs. Pikachu --> Pika returns
Onix vs. Froakie --> Froakie wins
Tyrunt vs. Froakie --> Tyrunt wins
Tyrunt vs. Pikachu ---> Pikachu wins

Either scenario would be fine by me. :) I just hope it's a great, well done, animated battle.

I understand not using Amaura (since it and Aurorus getting an episode to themselves), but interesting strategies mean nothing to me. I'm so sick of Onix when there are many Rock types that are way more interesting.

But here's hoping Froakie gets used, and gets a win. Pikachu had the last Gym, so I think it should be someone else's turn.

A potential rival for Serena is what interests me most in all of this, particularly since she possibly has a Slurpuff. There's a Slurpuff involved somewhere along the line, anyway.

The Ash vs. Grant battle will probably be 2 vs. 2, my ideal match-up would be:

Onix vs. Pikachu --> Pikachu wins
Tyrunt vs. Pikachu --> Tyrunt wins
Tyrunt vs. Froakie ---> Froakie wins

But it'll go something like this:

Onix vs. Pikachu --> Pika returns
Onix vs. Froakie --> Froakie wins
Tyrunt vs. Froakie --> Tyrunt wins
Tyrunt vs. Pikachu ---> Pikachu wins

Either scenario would be fine by me. :) I just hope it's a great, well done, animated battle.

I think it will be more of:

Froakie vs. Onix...Froakie is called back
Pikachu vs. Onix...Pikachu wins
Pikachu vs. Tyrunt...Tyrunt wins
Froakie vs. Tyrunt...Froakie wins

or

Pikachu vs. Onix...Pikachu is called back
Froakie vs. Onix...Froakie wins
*Froakie is called back*
Pikachu vs. Tyrunt...Tyrunt wins
Froakie vs. Tyrunt...Froakie wins

I just feel with all the battling and training episodes Froakie has received, it will be the star of the gym episode instead of Pikachu. So it will win both battles if not just the battle against Tyrunt. Also like Contrary said, Pikachu was the breadwinner and had the spotlight last time.

I’m really thinking (hoping) that Pikachu loses against that Tyrunt. It already got to take out both of Viola’s Pokemon in the last Gym and judging by Grant’s dialogue in the Battle Chateau episode it makes a good account of itself in XY020, too. Froakie needs to get a big win somewhere, and the events of XY017 have to mean something.

Either way, at least it'll most likely get some time to shine here. Can't see any reason for Ash to be using Fletchling in a Rock-type Gym.

Come on, is Grant really going to use a fucking Onix in the Gym Leader battle? I mean, really? Again? ... You know, I am hoping Bonnie really gets another Pokémon. She would look pretty cute with a Flabébé in her head and a Dedenne in her purse. Anyway, what picks my interest the most is Diantha appearing. Don't get me wrong, I still think she is the most boring champion to ever appear in a Pokémon game, but she does have one of my favorite Pokémon in her team and if the text posted by G50 is anything to go by, it might mega evolve in the episode Diantha will appear. I really want that to happen! It would be even better if her Gardevoir was shiny in the anime, but sadly it isn't...

I'm really, really excited for Korrina and Lucario appearing. Unsurprisingly - judging by the opening and her role in the games - she's introduced prior to the actual gym battle, which I'm really happy for. I can actually see her appearing in even further episodes either before or after gym battle, since her silhouette was bigger than the others, feel like that has to hint to something.

Yeah, I knew Onix would be used for the battle against Ash after it had defeated Viola's Surskit, but I really wish he'd use Amaura instead, or just about any other Rock-type (even Geodude). I really don't care for the gym battle, but I usually never do, even though Grant is hawt as hell in the anime.

Serena getting more focus is great, that's about all I can say. I really don't see the rival being a recurring character if they're only arguing about PokePuffs and are competing over an actual goal, but I think it'd be great if Serena got one. She doesn't however seem to have a personality that we already haven't encountered in rivals that came before. She does kinda remind me of Burgundy.

Bonnie episodes are always cute, but rather uneventful. I doubt she'll get the Flabebe. I'm however very interested in seeing Diantha and her Gardevoir finally appearing. The events happening in that episode will probably lead up to the ones with Korrina.

I'm DYING to see the episode where TR dress up as Ash and Co., omg! Jessie looks amazing dressed up as Serena, and Inkay as Pikachu <3

I think they're reusing Onix again because they could think of some strategies that Grant could use with it, especially against Viola. I doubt Onix will show up again for a while. Plus, it's a decent, formidable Pokemon and it would make sense for a lot of Rock type Gym Leaders or trainers to use such Pokemon. I'm not too fazed about it as long as he uses it well and is great in battle.

I hope we get clearer scans soon. c: These episodes look fun.

Looks like things are going to be pretty interesting. Though I guess that was to be expected, wasn't it? :p

Heck, I'm kinda hoping there's more they didn't show us (like how the gold Magikarp and Amaura episodes aren't shown in that list)

However...

Dear Writers,

You know there are other Rock-types besides Onix, right?

Sincerely,

The Fans

Ohh theses sound like some very interesting titles! We got the 2nd gym battle coming up and Ash is facing DIANTHA!? Whoa this...Probably won't last long at all, but it'll be a nice way to really help him understand Mega Evolution. I'm seriously disappointed though we still haven't gotten an episode with Litleo yet though

Ohh theses sound like some very interesting titles! We got the 2nd gym battle coming up and Ash is facing DIANTHA!? Whoa this...Probably won't last long at all, but it'll be a nice way to really help him understand Mega Evolution. I'm seriously disappointed though we still haven't gotten an episode with Litleo yet though
Of course not! They're going to let Ash capture one!

I'm sorry, but I bust out laughing at the name of Serena's rival...

Immaturity aside, I am very excited about the gym battle, since the battles in XY so far have been pretty amazing. Glad that Satoshi isn't using Yayakoma since he's actually being smart in his gym battles this saga!

The one with Rocket-dan dressed as Satoshi & co. already has me amused. I look forward to seeing Nyasu dressed as Eureka. As a kid watching the anime, I can remember one of the times I laughed loudest was when Nyasu and Sonansu dressed up as Haruka and Masato xD

2. Satoshi VS Zakuro! A Fierce Battle At The Shouyou Gym!!
Satoshi finally challenges Zakuro to a Battle in the Shouyou Gym. How will he conquer Zakuro's Iwark's Rock Tomb?! And also, will he be able to overcome the threat of his formidable Chigoras?!

I'd rather see a fricking Isitsubute than Iwark at this point. And that's saying something.

4. Eureka gets a new Pokemon to Keep?!
A Pokemon known as Flabebe sticks itself to a ribbon that Serena put in Eureka's hair. Eureka is interested in Flabebe, and asks Citron if she can Keep it, but...

I know nothing is confirmed yet, but I hope they're not going to give Eureka two Pokémon before Serena even catches one, let alone has a battle with Fokko.

5. The Champion, Carne appears! VS Satoshi?!
Carne, the strongest Pokemon Trainer in the Kalos Region, puts in an early appearance! Carne and Satoshi have a Pokemon Battle?! And! Carne's Sirknight MegaEvolves...?! Don't miss this shocking development!

Hopefully the anime can at least make Carne more interesting than she was in the games.

6. Fake Satoshi?! Fake Serena?! Fake Eureka?! ...Huh? What about Fake Citron?
Satoshi, Serena, Eureka... Doesn't something seem different about all of you? They look more grown up, and they seem to be planning evil deeds! The only one without a fake is Citron, but it seems there's a profound reason for that?!

Gotta be honest; this one sounds interesting.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom