• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US governor Mark Sanford admits having affair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netto Azure

«The Ashen Knight»
Reaction score
US governor admits having affair

_45968927_jex_393437_de27-1.jpg

The Republican governor of the US state of South Carolina, has admitted to having an extra-marital affair with a woman from Argentina.
Mark Sanford disappeared for several days, but did not tell family and staff he had been visiting Argentina.
He says he will now resign as head of the Republican Governors' Association.
Mr Sanford, who had been a potential Republican candidate for the 2012 presidential elections, did not say whether he would be leaving his office.
In an emotional news conference, Mr Sanford said he had "let down a lot of people".
He said he had been having an affair for about a year with a "dear friend" he first met "very innocently" eight years ago.
"I've been unfaithful to my wife," he said, adding that he had spent the last five days "crying in Argentina".
Mr Sanford said what he had done was wrong. "Period. End of story."
He said his wife and family had known of the affair for the past five months and that he was resigning his post of chair of the RGA.

Another sex scandal eh? It's endemic to both parties. I mean former NY Gov. Elliot Spitzer had the call-girl thing. Hay...life is life~

Tht exacty what you do if you are having an affair. All you do is run of to South America, pretend to be missing for a few days, have Steve Colbert run South Charolina for the time being, and you're all good until someone finds you.:ksmile:

Yeah, not surprised. As soon as he was reported to be missing, it was kind of assumed at my household. The sad part is that his staff were obviously against him. If they hadn't been, they wouldn't have loudly trumpeted to the press that he was missing, then release conflicting statements. It just drew attention to it. Pity it was him too, he was just gaining status.

Lol, sounds like Jim Mcgreevey all over again, only with a girl.

~Mooshykris

I'm more surprised that this wasn't posted earlier lol.

And now for Breaking News!!!!! Fish can swim!

Emm, who in their right mind would touch that thing let alone sleep with him?

Yeah, not surprised. As soon as he was reported to be missing, it was kind of assumed at my household. The sad part is that his staff were obviously against him. If they hadn't been, they wouldn't have loudly trumpeted to the press that he was missing, then release conflicting statements. It just drew attention to it. Pity it was him too, he was just gaining status.

Doubtful. It's South Carolina, for the love of crap, not Massachusetts. Last time SC voted D was for Carter.

Plus, he's kind of the highest office in the state and no one knew where the hell he was. There's a thing called "responsibilities". He pretty much freaking abandoned his post and didn't leave any contact information, and could have been dead. Didn't leave the Lieutenant Governor in charge, either.

Really funny is that he was one of the many calling for Clinton's resignation... for pretty much the same thing. Just before his little thing started too. Sure he's human, but jeez, what a hypocrite.

@ shining-Celebi:

Not exactly. Last week his staff loudly trumpted that he was missing and that no one knew where he was, so they lied and said he was hiking on the Appalachian Trail. Recently, however, he returned on a flight from Argentina, and fessed up to his affair.

Plus, he's kind of the highest office in the state and no one knew where the hell he was. There's a thing called "responsibilities". He pretty much freaking abandoned his post and didn't leave any contact information, and could have been dead. Didn't leave the Lieutenant Governor in charge, either.
What makes this even more hilarious is that according to my local radio station, he supposedly wanted to run for president.

If it's true, I don't think that it's gonna happen now. :sweat:

So what's the score: Democrats vs Republicans? Seems to me the Republicans are ahead. Funny considering they are always claiming the moral heights.

Here's a clear example of liberal media bias. John Edwards got in trouble for the same reason, and you didn't hear much about it from the major news networks. Mark Sanford does something similar and the press eats him alive.

John Edwards got in trouble for the same reason, and you didn't hear much about it from the major news networks.

Your memory must be very short. Or you go to bed early. Edwards is pretty much a staple in late-night shows along with Clinton.

Gee, am I wrong to remember the "liberal media" raked Clinton over the coals?

Honestly, the "liberal" news media will go with whatever news they can milk for as long as they can because it brings in money. It's capitalism. And what could be more conservative than making money from your audience?

Last edited:
If this guy is going to go through this much trouble to have an affair, he shouldn't have gotten married in the first place. Because he did this, he now should be shot in all appendages, boiled, then thrown off of a plane over Argentina. Seriously, people who do this kind of thing sicken me.

DO WEDDING VOWS MEAN NOTHING ANYMORE? AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO GET DIVORCED!

I just didn't like the fact that he abandoned his duties as a governor and didn't tell some people where he was going, what if his state had went into an emergency or something had happened to his family while he was having his affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom