• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US-Iraq deal: All US troops out by 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is finally. This should have been done much earlier.

The only problem I can see is that Bush would not sign it since he's so can-do about this war. However, if he doesn't sign it than that can make the election for McCain go down the tubes/

This was bound to happen eventually. Very last minute pull out action from the Bush Presidency - who honestly didn't see this coming?

Nothing's fixed in stone yet, but all this argument about a fixed date allowing insurgents to stage a regroup has lost it's value with calming activity in Iraq so I'd say the sooner the better.

Interesting situation they have there. It is questionable when exactly American forces should disengage from Iraq, because it is hard to predict the security situation in the country accurately. Now I personally wonder what happens to all the permanent military super bases constructed around the country (you may not have heard about them because of the official hush up)? It's funny that the Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki states they have an agreement, when Condoleezza Rice said quite the opposite in a visit to the country last week. Possibly the agreement has not been finalized and the current government may push the issue back far enough, in order to have the next government become responsible for dealing with the problem. Additionally I wonder what happened to the $50bn (£25bn) of Iraq's money being kept in the Federal Reserve Bank of New York to pressure the Iraqi government into signing an agreement seen by many Iraqis as prolonging the US occupation indefinitely. Did the Iraqis get that back?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...gn-presence-to-leave-iraq-in-2011-908221.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom