• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

Does anyone know when exactly the opening ceremony starts for worlds? And where to watch stream?

EDIT: nvm, found, ceremony begins in 9min

It's just from the official site. They pretty much always release a few extra screenshots along with any trailers.

That said, the Worlds opening ceremony is today and they usually show something new at that (Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Slowbro, Crabrawler), and Game Informer have said that they have something about a feature in the games that they're going to reveal later today.
Masuda also just tweeted to please watch the livestream.
That's not new. It was exactly the same in SM. Remember when the Altar opened?

normal_altar.png
I am actually not done with the games yet, I never got the drive to despite loving the journey so far. Thanks for correcting me.
I'm not so sure. If you look closely at the high quality image of the map, there's still shading that suggests flowing water. It might just be a weird color/shading choice.

Zero evidence for this claim. Don't spread false information as if it is fact. Right now, it is no more than speculation.
Yeah before the HQ art it was confusing. And no. Two out of the 5 buildings are surely Pokefinder related, the symbol is on the sign in front of the one in Hau Oli, and the doorway is rotom shaped. Meanwhile the other is a small shed next to the diner in Royal Ave. I doubt they would add only two gyms.

I am actually not done with the games yet, I never got the drive to despite loving the journey so far. Thanks for correcting me.

Ah... well, I feel kind of bad now, I hope I didn't ruin it for you or anything. I mean, I know you frequent the leaks and spoilers thread, but I don't want to assume.

Ah... well, I feel kind of bad now, I hope I didn't ruin it for you or anything. I mean, I know you frequent the leaks and spoilers thread, but I don't want to assume.
Nah I know what happens in SM, I just didn't knoq the actual portal was in the altar.

I hope the Rockruff following the trainer is an over world feature. SM already has issues with lag when there's more than one pokemon on the field - and it is especially bad when the pokemon are huge in size (i.e. Tyranitar, Aggron, Scolipede, etc). The frame rate drops to the point where the scene transitions aren't smooth when they swirl around or zoom in/out.

I really don't need another feature that could cause more lag than there already is. If my Metagross is going to cause my character to move in coarse slow motion by walking behind me, I am going to hate the game for "penalizing" me for walking with my fav pokemon.

I personally don't care about exclusive Z-Moves or Kommo-o, but I'm glad that the Pokemon got something. The Z-Move itself seems to be a cut above the usual exclusive Z-Moves too, so that's neat.

So...everything kinda just confirms what I already suspected. A slightly different story and a couple new areas, but otherwise mostly the same as S/M.

Yeah no, I'm still not convinced about this game. If I ever do decide to get it, I'll wait a few months after release to gauge people's reactions to it. S/M was awful with its interruptive cutscenes, and I just can't go through with that again.

NIce. A Z-move that hits both Pokemon AND increases stats. If Kommo-o's exclusive Z-move is this good, I canø't wait to see others (I also hope it isn't exclusive to just Alola Pokemon).

My eaes are bleeding from the god awful cutting in that music. I wasnt happy with the cheery music in SM but its much preferable to.....that.

Let's hope Jangmo-o isn't locked away until the last quarter of the game this time.

this pretty much confirms that the lycanroc/mimikyu we saw in the 1st trailer are having z-moves

Not necessarily. I don't think anything suggests that at all. It opens the possibility, sure, but there's no reason to think a cutscene for a totem is less likely.

I'll take a new Z-Move over no news anytime. Also I thought the new battle theme was ok.

Possibility on more USUM news this week?

The trailers have been pretty nice. Since the Alola region looks so different, I hope that means that it will tie into the storyline and help to make it significantly different from Sun/Moon. They did have both Ryuki and Kahili in the main storyline, which could be cool. I didn't mind Kahili not showing up until the Elite 4 since it provided one new character to face off against, but Ryuki only being a challenger was a bit strange. It did help to have a new trainer challenge you since it made it feel more realistic in a way, but they obviously couldn't do much with them. Maybe they're both Trial Captains in the game. Kahili was doing a Z-Move pose, so she could be a Trial Captain or possibly being the Kahuna of an island now.

The graphics look nice and while I do hope that the Rockruff scene means that we'll get Pokemon walking behind us, it could just as easily be an overworld Pokemon or an in-game event. Still that would be pretty cool. The new artwork for the starters and trainers look great. The trainers still look like different characters than the ones we got for Sun/Moon, but I like how upbeat and energetic they look in the official artwork.

I was hoping for some new forms, but Kommo-o's new Z-Move is pretty neat. The animation sequence for it looks so cool, even though it looks overpowered as can be. There will be probably more exclusive Z-Moves, although I hope that they'll have some new Alola forms too.

New Gameplay shown by Game Informer

The new director is Kazumasa Iwao, so it's a completely new one. In the video, he says there are more features he can't talk about yet, and the photo things seems like a kalos PR video/pokemon musical dressup mashup that you can use or ignore if you want.
He also says they were able to expand on all aspects of SM, so lets hope USUM are good

It's a cute gimmick that I'll use once or twice, but then quickly abandon because it doesn't seem to have much substance. I'm fine with its inclusion, but I hope we get a full sidequest, or features that actually matter. Stickers and knock-off PR videos won't keep me playing months after I finish the game.

I imagine there are people gonna get a kick out of that. I'd love to try it for myself.

The photo club is burning my soul. Dude behind the games is the dude behind the contests in ORAS...yaaaay. Really soured me just now, basically the musicals but with content unlocked after certain points in the game or after certain interactions. I mean its cool for the audience theyre after, but CMON. Was it really to much to expect pokefinder to be expanded into a sidequest that had some meat to it?

Back
Top Bottom