• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

Glad to see we're getting more exclusive Z-Moves. Kommo-o's looks really cool and I hope we get more for other Alola Pokemon. The picture feature looks really fun too. I can't wait to use the heck out of that :D

I didn't even bother with the pokefinder/photo features of SM.. yawn. Well here's to at least finally getting some news. And Z-Moves.. I'm kind of over it. I just use them to shorten battles to move forward in the games.

All in all, some seems like a snoozefest, but the gameplay map suggest there really are some deviations from the SM storyline, so the game itself will be a new but familiar experience at the very least.

I saw the new trailers, the one from the channel and the one from worlds, and needless to say I am hype. I'm just happy we have something, and here we the thing that piqued my interest the most.

The revamped Pokefinder Club. Hopefully this might mean something, maybe more Pokemon to capture pictures of in the wild. You know what I want personally want? I want to take a picture with my whole team, like you could do in HG/SS. Maybe these buildings offer the option to do that. I do kind of doubt it, just because that would require a model for each and every Pokemon, but it would be cool. (Small edit before I even post). Looks like this studio might be allowing you to take custom photos of you and your Pokemon, and might be something you can do outside of the studio. Game Informer just released something on it.

The chasing Rockruff. As much as I want this to be the return of following Pokemon, I personally don't thin it is. Yes, overworld models can be way different than sprites, but it looks like the Rockruff is more chasing the character, and the music note above it's head more signifies that it's a happy chase. This scene could mean anything, the return of following Pokemon (and the ability to turn it off at any time, seeing how other scenes of the character running don't show it). It could mean that following Pokemon can only be shown in certain areas, or only certain Pokemon. The biggest thing for me though, is that it just might be a wild Rocruff, running around that area, and the person playing the game or the footage is making the trainer run like that to make it look like it's following (or there is an option to play with Rockruff, in which case the game would do it for you). I personally can't see them looking at the idea of walking Pokemon again, till they have a bigger game, on a bigger console. Maybe the switch game will have this feature, but I can't see it now.

The new map. It did look a bit different to me, with several small differences, but I'm having a lot of trouble pulling them out. The biggest thing for me though is that new cloud on the map, that might be sitting over Poni island, and might be doing something to the island, the water around Poni Island is different than the rest. There is also a dark aura coming from the cloud, and it almost looks like it's seeping into the island.

The Alolan Vulpix scene. The moment I saw this Vulpix, I had a feeling thiat this might be Lillie related. After all, no major character in the games had an Alolan Vulpix, but Lillie gets one in the anime. I can see this being a thing, no matter if her role is similar, or different in these new games, I can totally see her rescuing an Alolan Vulpix or something. Seeing how there is an Aether Foundation member in the scene though, it might mean that Lillie hadn't run away, as she would be in the room with them to help the Vulpix. It could mean other things though, maybe you discover the Alolan Vulpix and give it to Lillie as a gift or something. It could be anything really, it could even just be a simple wayto show the Aether foundation helps Pokemon, and the chose to use Alolan Vulpix to show that off. But the fact that Lillie has one in the anime, and it has a cutscene, makes me thing it is or will be Lillie's.

Wherever the heck Ryuki is. Cool it's Ryuki and Kahili, they have bigger roles. Awesome. Okay okay, but where the heck is Ryuki. The moment I saw the room he was in, I was like, this looks like a gym. Not only that, but there are other trainers in it, and those look like trash cans, like in the middle of the room, and quite a few of them. Idk, kinda like a certain gym we know.
150px-Vermilion_Gym_FRLG.png
Now, we don't know what this is, it could mean anything. This could just be a random place in Alola, or this could be a gym in Alola, maybe done up by Ryuki. Maybe his home is in Kanto, and he inspired it off of the Vermillion gym (this one seems the most likely to me). Or maybe we visit Kanto, an this is the revamped Vermilion Gym. Right now, the possibilities are endless, and I think I am most excited to see what this is, once the games come around.

New art for the starters and the trainers look nice. I really love the new trainer outfits. The male especially looks way less generic than he has looked in the past couple games (XY, SM). The new customization looks great as well, keeping up with the 4 options like the original games. I love the new Litten art, especially, but I think I am still going to go with Rolwet this time around, since he was the one I hadn't played with in the original games.

Finally for the world's trailer. New Kommo-o Z-move is cool, and it does seem they added a different style to the Z-moves. Not much about it though. Z-moves are interesting and all, but I'm not that interested in Kommo-o, and I think I would have rather seen something else from worlds. Whatever, not disappointed or anything, since we got an amazing trailer already today.

With some other images leaking out, and more news just popping out right and left today, I have a feeling we will have more news, whether it's small, or big, in the new future.

I think that's a cute feature. Taking pictures alongside your Pokemon and adding more to them for creativity sounds fun. Being the sentimental person that I am, I'll have fun taking pictures with my starters and new team members that I get, especially as they evolve. He mentioned that there would be more new features that they can't talk about yet, so hopefully those would be good. Since this is a new director, I'm curious how the game will turn out even more.

They really threw Konmo-o a bone with its exclusive Z-Move. 1) It looks really cool and has a glorious name, 2) it is capable of knocking out two fully healed dragon pseudo legendaries in a Double Battle and 3) raises all of its base stats by a stage.

I know they want to make it more competitive, but damn. And what a huge "take that" to its previous detractors.

Seeing how there is an Aether Foundation member in the scene though, it might mean that Lillie hadn't run away, as she would be in the room with them to help the Vulpix.

Lillie was in the Aether House on Ula'ula Island in SM, so I don't think that'd be a problem.

Absolutely digging the new battle theme, that's one huge improvement over that cheery music.

Alola Photo Club looks fun, I always loved the features in previous games in which you could take a picture of you and your team and was hoping we'd get an improved one someday. And here it is! :D Can't wait to take pics with my fav Pokémon, also hope we'll be able to take pics with more Pokémon at once, preferable with my whole team even.

Don't care much for Kahili getting a bigger role, I thought she was boring and can't imagine her improving. Ruyki seems interesting though, so am looking forward to that.

Don't think that Rockruff means the return of following Pokémon. Even if it actually is following the player, I'm betting all I got that it's special Rockruff exclusive, judging on how much attention that damn event-exclusive thing gets.

As for Kommo-'s new Z-Move....I have the same thought on it as every Z-Move, it looks ridiculous :p But happy to see that more Alolan Pokémon are getting them, instead of just more Kanto Pokémon.

That's all I really got to say for now, the trailer was really short and even though I like some things, I'm still not hyped for the game really. I just dislike third versions and they have to come up with something really good (like actual following Pokémon) to convince me to pre-order it.

I don't think it would make any fragment of sense to create almost a thousand walking/running cycles just so that one Rockruff alone can walk with the player.

Might it be limited to a specific group of Pokémon, like in Amity Square? Maybe, but even that feels strange considering what's in the data and the work that must have gone into that. Might it be limited to the confines of some other specific feature? Could be. Might it be, I don't know, something you can only have active on routes? Sure, why not.

But just Rockruff? I really, really doubt that they wouldn't make use of at least some of the other models.

What does this mean? Are Aether poachers now? Why are Alolan forms caged?

Good spot, though I doubt they'd be poachers. Animals can be stored in cages for a myriad of other reasons, like for example, "It's very inconvenient to let them wander around our workspace while we're trying to do delicate work." :p

Good spot, though I doubt they'd be poachers. Animals can be stored in cages for a myriad of other reasons, like for example, "It's very inconvenient to let them wander around our workspace while we're trying to do delicate work." :p
True, but I wonder if there's a reason this was removed from the English version..Did they decide it would look wrong or something?

Well I'm not to bothered for another photo feature, I've never bothered taking pictures on the games, but at least it shows that they haven't forgotten that there's a game due out in a couple of months! To me it looks almost certainly like there's no new Alolan forms coming, if there was say another 15, you would think they would have revealed at least one of them by now.

Also, the leaves(or flowers) in the new grass forest area seem to resemble Kartana in their shape, wonder if it's just an easter egg
ffb7b890f7.jpg

Has anyone talked about the scene in the first player, with Ryuki, and its slight similarities to a gym?

What does this mean? Are Aether poachers now? Why are Alolan forms caged?

2ddd709d20.jpg

It seems to have been removed in the English trailer
3c73fbf3a8.jpg

I'm not sure I like the implication fo the Vulpix being taken out for the western versions. I mean the Aether Foundation is SUPPOSED to be evil to it would make sense for them to cage them up. It just seems like some censorship bs if that's really what it appears to be......

Has anyone talked about the scene in the first player, with Ryuki, and its slight similarities to a gym?
Yes, literally everyone has...and I think the likeliest outcome is it's just a replica or something
I'm not sure I like the implication fo the Vulpix being taken out for the western versions. I mean the Aether Foundation is SUPPOSED to be evil to it would make sense for them to cage them up. It just seems like some censorship bs if that's really what it appears to be......

I don't like that implication either, it's pretty stupid if it's the case. Although Aether themselves were never truly evil, just a portion of the scientists were doing illegal experiments and Lusamine was crazy. They were still genuine pokemon helpers though, so idk..

Back
Top Bottom