• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

Looks like 4chan noticed something with that forest in the trailer.

Ooooooh, me likey (y)

I have to agree that I couldn't help but think the area was laid out exactly like Nihilego's cave, but some nagging doubt in my brain wasn't quite willing to totally accept that for whatever reason. And that makes a lot of sense as to why Nihilego were the only Ultra Beasts in that space in SM - each Beast is in a different space.

Edit: I think I found Buzzwole's Ultra Space, it has the same basic layout and fits its theme

250px-Dewford_Gym_ORAS.png

Last edited:
Okay, if Ultra Beasts do come from individual dimensions and are literally born from matter in thay dimension, I really want em to retcon Unown into Ultra Beasts. Give me a giant cave with hundreds of eyes flittering about. Of course that DOES raise the question, as the word kf god, Arceus, then what does that mean for the ultra beast lore in general.

More importantly, humans in ultra space? Maybe as an alternate story Mohn was successful and Aether are really the good guys, but what about Skull? I doubt they would be more then goons. But then who's the antagonist? Maybe I am overthinking it all but still I wonder....

Last edited:
I went to stopframe the japanese trailer and it's true...it's really Kartana from the looks of it. I can't say I dislike the idea of us visiting ultra spaces for each UB, but I don't think I like the idea of asian-themed humans randomly being there. It's a small space, how do they survive? Food?Water? How do they coexist with a UB? Are they brainwashed? Overall, for me, if they're gonna go there, they better make it GOOD and coherent of a story/explanation

Okay, if Ultra Beasts do come from individual dimensions and are literally born from matter in thay dimension, I really want em to retcon Unown into Ultra Beasts. Give me a giant cave with hundreds of eyes flittering about. Of course that DOES raise the question, as the word kf god, Arceus, then what does that mean for the ultra beast lore in general...
Unown and literal PokéGod are Ultra Beasts. Heh. Maybe Ultra Space is much older than our multiverse, and Arceus somehow created multiple universes.

More importantly, humans in ultra space? Maybe as an alternate story Mohn was successful and Aether are really the good guys, but what about Skull? I doubt they would be more then goons. But then who's the antagonist? Maybe I am overthinking it all but still I wonder....
Fallers, most likely. Perhaps they were possessed and taken to Ultra Space, or worshipers who went there out of their own free will.

I have an even better idea! Like I said, Mohn waa succesful this time round, or perhaps Lusamine never went crazy from the loss and instead vowed to study them fully and protect both the world and ultra beasts from humanity. Or perhaps she did go crazg and went missing. Anyway plot details can be anything, what I thought of is more of a gameplay thing:
Ultra Trials. Post game content includes 7 new trials in each ultra space, with them acting more like gyms, with Aether Foundation trainers and gym puzzles, but with a boss battle against each beast in their respective space. Or perhaps an Ultra Trainer fight, like Lusamine, each one under the influence of the Ultra Beast. Could be a fun challenge and post game story to go through.

I went to stopframe the japanese trailer and it's true...it's really Kartana from the looks of it. I can't say I dislike the idea of us visiting ultra spaces for each UB, but I don't think I like the idea of asian-themed humans randomly being there. It's a small space, how do they survive? Food?Water? How do they coexist with a UB? Are they brainwashed? Overall, for me, if they're gonna go there, they better make it GOOD and coherent of a story/explanation

Maybe they're not even real to begin with, and are paper/bamboo animatronics willed into operation by Kartana.

Maybe they're alien colonists from the race that the amnesia guy in Haina Desert hails from. Why does he have amnesia, after all? Maybe he, too, is a Faller - one of the first of his species to experiment with Ultra Space, and ending up here... maybe the Mauville Old Guys found him and took care of him and that's why he gave them his O-Powers...

I think this is what the kids these days are calling D E E P D I S H L O R E

The biggest twist: What if Guzma actually became a Trial Captain?
Mallow said you have to stop being one when you hit 20, and Guzma is surely over 20, so I doubt it.. I really hope Guzma has a role in USUM, though..and a good one. I don't wanna have to see him a single time and never again :(

Also, what if this alternate universe is really a mix of what'd be a direct sequel and a third version's alt universe, and has become neither nor both.. Like, we see that things have been built in the region, we see new areas emerged, things changed etc, and yet we are the same character, so it could really be a "what if". So what if in this world, time has passed enough before we move to Alola, and things have changed to the point of UBs living in peace with humanity..y'know , Anabel etc wanted to capture and study them, maybe that part is over and humanity established coexistence with the UBs. In that sense, maybe that forest garden thing is not real ultra space, but some replica with some folks who admire Kartana and dedicated something like a shrine to it. It can be that Necrozma will end up causing the UBs to go berserk and attack Alola again or something (Yes, I'm still hoping Necrozma is antagonistic).

That's just a random stupid thought, nvm me :p (I guess I just really don't want there to be humans in ultra space chilling there casually with no explanation for their survival and ..what do they even do there in a small corridor?)

I'm really enjoying this "every Ultra Beast has its own Ultra Space" theory, to be honest.
Would be pretty nice if real.
Whats really interesting is that like mentioned in the 4chan quote, it ties into the mystery theory daisuki club feature. There was a blurb theorizing that UBs don't come from eggs and materialize out of somewhere, and it might just have been a hint. Those plants look a LOT like Kartana, so yeah, what if each Ultra Beast is a sentient organic matter born from their Ultra Space? Nihilego has the rocks, Kartana has the flowers. My guess would be for the other UBs...
Buzzwole-Punching bag larva shapes hanging from vines
Pheramosa-Cockaroach leaves
Xurkitree-Futuristic ultra space with chargestone like stones shaped like the white bit
Celesteela-Bamboo Rocket Forest
Guzzlord-Giant black holes like its mouth

And finally an Ultra Space that is pure darkness with one shining light in the middle, which is where Cosmog are from. The pure darkness surrounding it is what brought forth Necrozma.

I only just now realized how much Nihilego's cave resembled an underwater coral cave (fit for a jellyfish), just without the water... It all makes sense!
More importantly, the cave has a bunch of domes spread about. If Kartana are matured flowers from that garden, then Nihilego pop out of the rock formations, and the domes are their heads in an early stage.

That is some wildly disturbing shit to be honest. In a series for children, we suddenly might have on our hands a plot that retroactively revolves around eldritch horrors born in a cave(womb) that come into our world through wormholes(....),involving a crazy woman who wants to become mother of the world. That is some anime ass metaphorical craziness, not just for Pokemon but in general.

Whats really interesting is that like mentioned in the 4chan quote, it ties into the mystery theory daisuki club feature. There was a blurb theorizing that UBs don't come from eggs and materialize out of somewhere, and it might just have been a hint.

Not only that, but I've gone and looked back at the translations, and at one point one of the characters do say, "This look into Ultra Space revealed no Ultra Beasts other than Nihilego. There may be other Ultra Spaces that contain other species of Ultra Beast."

Guess I shrugged that bit off the first time. :p

EDIT: What if Guzzlord's Ultra Space is where all of the things that it eats go? Its waste has never been discovered...

Last edited:
Not only that, but I've gone and looked back at the translations, and at one point one of the characters do say, "This look into Ultra Space revealed no Ultra Beasts other than Nihilego. There may be other Ultra Spaces that contain other species of Ultra Beast."

Guess I shrugged that bit off the first time. :p
The site was actually a hint all along, who wluld have known.

Bringing back the thing with Ryuki at the place that looks like the Vermilion Gym, look at this:
IXe8HDQJNaI5XNDBq_dpWjJ_v4Hr5pqn2r4IDvssXIU.png

Looking at it, even the round windows and the pattern on the lower half of the wall seem to have been replicated from the RBY gym. FRLG's version look nothing like it, btw. I'm not sure what it means in particular (hoping gyms), but I doubt the black belt at the top righto the screen is the head of the facility. Does anyone have a theory on what this could mean content-wise?

Well, the Ultra Space theory definitely explains why we can't see that forest on the map. But I'm still not excited for the potential in the region design. If all they're doing is adding a handful of linear hallways with Ultra Beasts in them that's still not an interesting change. Now if they did something more in the vein of ALttP/ALBW/Metroid Prime 2 and we have an entire Ultra Space variant of Alola to explore, then we'll talk, but I doubt that's what's going on, they probably wouldn't be able to pull that off in a year and there'd be a lot of question marks in the execution of that idea.

Bringing back the thing with Ryuki at the place that looks like the Vermilion Gym, look at this:
IXe8HDQJNaI5XNDBq_dpWjJ_v4Hr5pqn2r4IDvssXIU.png

Looking at it, even the round windows and the pattern on the lower half of the wall seem to have been replicated from the RBY gym. FRLG's version look nothing like it, btw. I'm not sure what it means in particular (hoping gyms), but I doubt the black belt at the top righto the screen is the head of the facility. Does anyone have a theory on what this could mean content-wise?
It's possible that this version of Alola have gyms based off of other regions eg Kanto. Dunno that's my theory

Now only of they learned from their mistake with the Distortion World and let us re-explore the wormholes even after we catch the respective Ultra Beasts.

Back
Top Bottom