• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

This make me want USUM even more with a darker story, new villain team, different ultra spaces, and possibly a better post-game :)

Finally something interesting. Maybe this new dimension is the gen 3-5 universe, in which the UB and Necrozma wrecked on their way to the 6-7

I noticed that we're fighting an Adhesive at the ranch on Akala. I don't see them throwing something with ridiculously minmaxed stats at us right away, assuming we're still following the same path as SM. Unless it'll be underleveled? Or maybe this just takes place later in the game, and we're just backtracking to Paniola Ranch?

Also, I wonder if we'll get any UBs that can evolve; I know they're from a different dimension, but it would be weird if all the UBs were incapable of evolution. When I first saw Adhesive's silhouette, I immediately thought "this looks like a baby version of an Ultra Beast."

I noticed that we're fighting an Adhesive at the ranch on Akala. I don't see them throwing something with ridiculously minmaxed stats at us right away, assuming we're still following the same path as SM. Unless it'll be underleveled? Or maybe this just takes place later in the game, and we're just backtracking to Paniola Ranch?

Also, I wonder if we'll get any UBs that can evolve; I know they're from a different dimension, but it would be weird if all the UBs were incapable of evolution. When I first saw Adhesive's silhouette, I immediately thought "this looks like a baby version of an Ultra Beast."
Yeah it would be weird to have UBs evolve, it probably not the case anyway.

Finally something interesting. Maybe this new dimension is the gen 3-5 universe, in which the UB and Necrozma wrecked on their way to the 6-7
Maybe the Emerald world considering Anabel. That world may not be the same as any of the other games', which is sad to think about.

Yep. UB Adhesive is the only UB I don´t dislike, because it atleast looks like a pokemon. Unlike all previous UBs.

One thing I like about the Megalopolis is that it sort of addresses a criticism I'd always aimed at DPP's plot, which is that "a world without spirit" is too esoteric of a concept to mean anything without seeing what it entails, so Cyrus's threats always felt too distant and theoretical to care about. Here though, we actually see a world that has had its "light" stolen by Necrozma, so we have a tangible reference point for what could become of Alola. +1 for that

Cosmog is a UB :p it's not weird at all (unconventional UB, but it is not from this world and is a UB)

Not that I disagree, but strictly speaking it is only theorized to be a UB. They could yet unfurl some twist about it in USUM.

Actually, on that note, I wonder if the Cosmog line has an Ultra Space that we will be able to visit.

And on a totally unrelated note, the Megalopolis and the Recon Squad are giving me some strong Illiaster vibes. Word up 5D’s, let’s get Alola some motorcycles

Last edited:
Ahh, sorry this is late, I wanted to analyze these trailers sooner but school got in the way!

First off, I quite like the new UB art, and especially the new U.B. U.B Adhesive is probably my favorite Ultra Beast so far, just above Kartana. It’s quite cute, even though it still is quite alien like the rest of the UBs. When it was shown off, it looked like one of the new characters actually was fighting you with this new U.B, so this one might actually be playing a bigger role in the story. The battle also showed the player had a Dartrix, and the background looked kind of like Panolia Ranch, so it seems we will be seeing our first Ultra Beast before we even go to Aether Paradise (unless they’ve changed that too).

Whether or not being able to battle all the UBs on the home turf will be in-game or post-game, I don’t know, but I don’t care either because that looks freaking awesome. Based on the sound effects of you flying through space on the legendary, that might actually be a little minigame, kind of like how Mantine surfing is. These two features being added, honestly lead me to believe that the Fly Ride Pokemon, will actually be able to fly you around, like the soar feature in ORAS. Going back to fighting the UBs actually in their own Ultra Spaces, I do think this might still be a post-game thing. For one, adding it in the main line might make the main game too long (but then again, would it really bug us that much). Also, with Solgaleo/Lunala being in its separated form (not absorbed by Necrozma), it does look like it takes place after the main game. These are the only real conclusive details that have lead me to believe this. Either way, it should be a lot of fun.

Ultra Megapolis seems really interesting, and I am quite excited to really figure out who these new characters are. Their looks really give off an evil vibe, but they do live in a world where Necrozma has stolen the light. Honestly, I have no idea how to feel about whether they are evil or not. The small clip that is shown of them in Aether paradise, that quite reminds me of the beginning scene of Sun and Moon, with the Aether grunts and Lillie running away. Also, did anyone else notice that the characters might be exclusive to each game. When it shows off Pulse and Zossie, it has Ultra Sun on the bottom, and when it shows Phyco and Soliera, it says Ultra Moon. Too bad if this is the case, I like Pulse and Zossie way more, but since my main game was Sun before, I’m starting with Ultra Moon now (though, Phyco does twirl his amazing mustache in his art, which does bring me to like him more.)

Overall, it does seem like the story will be a lot different this time around, and while I don’t have much conclusive information backing my theory, I think I have somewhat of an idea of how the story might go. In SM, Team Skull was working for Aether Paradise, the real bad guys, but what if USUM took that same idea, but played it out different. This is mostly derived from the scene with Zossie and Pulse, possibly chasing Lillie, and Lusamine in the japanese trailer. From the twitter post, it seems Lusamine is calling something a monster, almost like she’s protesting. So, what if Lusamine is working for the people of Ultra Megapolis, for whatever reason (possibly to try to find her husband, since they seem like they know how to use the Ultra Wormholes)? But what if they have ulterior motives, like she did in the first game. What if they want to steal the light from Alola as well, using Necrozma, either to bring their own light back, or some other reason. Maybe the reason why they were chasing Lillie, is Lillie could see their motives, and she needed to protect Nebby at all costs. It’s possible she knows that Nebby will evolve into the legendary. Like I said, this is all just a theory, and I don’t have a lot to back it. Who knows.

It’s weird. The trailers that we have seen for this game have been very vague on gameplay, and new Pokemon, but have shown a lot about the story, while SM showed nearly all the new Pokemon and gameplay mechanics, but barely touched on the story at all.

The only thing that disappointed me in this trailer was the fact that we have not seen a new Alola form yet. I don’t want to give up hope though on receiving new ones. Maybe right before the game drops, they’ll surprise us with a trailer revealing one, or something might be revealed in CoroCoro. Or it will just all be saved for the game, and then we’ll run into one while playing the game and be completely surprised. So I’m not giving up hope, because this really would be a huge missed opportunity if GF did not add anymore

Last edited:
Concerning UB-Adhesive...

I have a big feeling that it could have an evolution. I say this because of many attributes around it:

-It is the first UB that was debuted with human(oid?)s using it in battle. Something about that strikes me odd in the introduction of an extrademensional pokemon. Other UB's were introduced as "rogue" creatures that go beyond human control and standards, but Adhesive looks much more domesticated than the others.

-The streamlined form feels very reminiscent of a first stage pokemon, in that the features all look like they have potential to "grow out". The horns on its head, the small arms, the undeveloped legs, and the little tail fin... They all scream to me that this UB could evolve into this glamorous Poison/Dragon type Pokemon... Or something just as crazy as the other UB's we have seen.

-The Dex-like description given to us does not sound very UB-like:
This Ultra Beast’s head is filled with venom and it shoots this venom out from the poisonous needle on the top of its head. It is said to be intelligent enough to understand human speech and displays many emotions.

One could see a normal, unevolved Pokemon introduced with a description like this. It doesn't sound anymore threatening than any other Poison-type description, and since it can understand human speech, and exhibit many emotions, it really adds more to my human domestication idea. The "UB" in it seems to be hidden from us in another form it could become.

Who knows - I could be totally wrong, and this one could be an outliar. But considering all the other UB's, Adhesive seems to be hiding something...

I have a big feeling that it could have an evolution.

I think you make a really interesting case for the potential of the this UB to evolve and I admittedly didn't think of it until reading your post.

My own thoughts are that it is a "cute" UB, drawing parallels with Pokemon like Mew or Celebi, etc.

Last edited:

I have a big feeling that it could have an evolution. I say this because of many attributes around it:

-It is the first UB that was debuted with human(oid?)s using it in battle. Something about that strikes me odd in the introduction of an extrademensional pokemon. Other UB's were introduced as "rogue" creatures that go beyond human control and standards, but Adhesive looks much more domesticated than the others.

-The streamlined form feels very reminiscent of a first stage pokemon, in that the features all look like they have potential to "grow out". The horns on its head, the small arms, the undeveloped legs, and the little tail fin... They all scream to me that this UB could evolve into this glamorous Poison/Dragon type Pokemon... Or something just as crazy as the other UB's we have seen.

-The Dex-like description given to us does not sound very UB-like:

One could see a normal, unevolved Pokemon introduced with a description like this. It doesn't sound anymore threatening than any other Poison-type description, and since it can understand human speech, and exhibit many emotions, it really adds more to my human domestication idea. The "UB" in it seems to be hidden from us in another form it could become.

Who knows - I could be totally wrong, and this one could be an outliar. But considering all the other UB's, Adhesive seems to be hiding something...

Not to mention you fight it at Paniola Ranch when your starter will presumably be only in its second stage, so fighting something with 570 BST might be a little too strong at that point.

(Of course, there was Type: Null even earlier in SM with 534 BST, but it was limited to using just Tackle and Pursuit while Adhesive seems to have Venoshock. If it is 570 BST I can't imagine it having a Special Attack of below 100, and a STAB Venoshock at that point with those stats would be really OP. So overall I both hope and think you're right that it will evolve.)

Last edited:
This is something that caught my mind

Why are we with Cosmog here?
Where is Lillie?
Why are the URS there?
Which place it's this footage from? I guess it's Diglett's Tunnel
p05_01_EN.jpg

We know Lillie has Cosmog in this scene
p05_02_EN.jpg

Gosh I want so many answers...

Not to mention you fight it at Paniola Ranch when your starter will presumably be only in its second stage, so fighting something with 570 BST might be a little too strong at that point.

That, too could be another point about it, although in Sun/Moon, we do face Nihilego at Lv. 26 or so at the aether foundation... That said, this part of its intro also add to my evolution suspicion as well. Why not introduce it against a fully evolved Pokemon instead of Dartrix?

This is something that caught my mind

Why are we with Cosmog here?
Where is Lillie?
Why are the URS there?
Which place it's this footage from? I guess it's Diglett's Tunnel
p05_01_EN.jpg

We know Lillie has Cosmog in this scene
p05_02_EN.jpg

Gosh I want so many answers...

I was wondering that too. First possibility that comes to mind is that Nebby ran away like in Melemele Meadow and you have to go fetch it for her while she waits outside the cave, and that's when the Recon Squad shows up.

Actually, if it's not Diglett's Tunnel it could be Seaward Cave, which is attached to Melemele Meadow and could be where Nebby runs off to instead in USM. Or not, I'm just grasping at straws here.

Actually, if it's not Diglett's Tunnel it could be Seaward Cave, which is attached to Melemele Meadow and could be where Nebby runs off to instead in USM. Or not, I'm just grasping at straws here.

That’s kind of what I was thinking too but it doesn’t really match Seaward’s colors either. Maybe it’s the interior of Wela?

Back
Top Bottom