• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

I quite like the theory that Sticky could evolve. I won't be sad if it doesn't, though, because I actually like that we got another small UB to join Kartana. There's so many giants among them (Celesteela, Guzzlord, Assembly, Xurkitree, Buzzwole, even Burst and Pheromosa are 5'11") that another smaller one is nice to have.

Does anyone have any clue why UB Adhesive is called adhesive? I might be missing something but Burst and Assembly are pretty self explanatory but not adhesive. At least to me..

I had a similar thought. While Adhesive does kind of look like a Mew-type, given that we fight it in a trainer battle, it feels more like an Ultra Space equivalent of a starter to me.

I just saw the trailer, and I now believe that no one should make an excuse that they are "the same game". I mean this is so much more hype than Sinnoh remakes imo

Does anyone have any clue why UB Adhesive is called adhesive? I might be missing something but Burst and Assembly are pretty self explanatory but not adhesive. At least to me..
I was thinking the same thing. Adhesive implies that it's sticky, but neither its design nor its description imply anything sticky about it.

What if lusamine's husband(forgot his name the one in pokepelago) is the Ultra Recon Squad's Leader lol hahaha

So I was mostly right on the trailer content(bar the alola forms), but it didn't come from Oho Shuta. Cool.
-Ultra Megapolis. I am really scared that its another Ultra Corridor and not a proper dungeon. Why is GF taking cues from Corridor Simulator 13 so damn much? But hey, an Ultra Space Metropolis sounds so damn good, with Necrozma looking to be the antagonist more then anything.
-UB Adhesive is cute. Nothing else to say really, Poison type is a bore.
-The other Ultra Spaces is something we guessed months ago, nothing surprising there.

In general, for a good amount of new stuff, I really don't have much to say, as its all speculated and now confirmed content.

Also, did anyone else notice that the characters might be exclusive to each game. When it shows off Pulse and Zossie, it has Ultra Sun on the bottom, and when it shows Phyco and Soliera, it says Ultra Moon. Too bad if this is the case, I like Pulse and Zossie way more, but since my main game was Sun before, I’m starting with Ultra Moon now (though, Phyco does twirl his amazing mustache in his art, which does bring me to like him more.)

Yep, the site says that depending on the game, whichever one will be the main focus (Dulse & Zossie for Ultra Sun, Phyco & Soliera for Ultra Moon).

I think I may have been wrong about scenes being copied from SM. I thought the fact that many of them had the same dialogue and even postures meant that there were unchanged scenes interspersed with new scenes, but that’s not it. It’s looking more like those scenes keep similar dialogue and postures but swap out particular characters/Pokémon/events. So “alternate story” may not have been hyperbole after all. But even still, the best "alternate story" is the one that doesn't derive scenes from its predecessor.

Last edited:
Okay, so why weren't we given THIS kind of trailer back in August?! This is the kind of stuff that creates hype AND generates the tense waiting game. If nothing else, I'm invested in where they plan on going with the story.

Aw well, the whole whole exploring the UBs home turfs remind me of ORAS's mirage spots: Bit of exploration (I'll go out on a limb and say we may have a puzzle or two) before a throwdown with what waits at the end. I don't expect much outside more of an attempt to show off the graphical detail.

Welp, this trailer finally did what the others failed to do: Make me take my copy of Moon (barely started refused to play through that dreg of a story again but did get me a Hoenn Hat chu and Banked him.) delete it and trade it in for Ultra Sun.
While I now have to dust off my copy of Sun go back to abusing the Ultra Ball handouts from Looker catch what I need with them and actually get around to get that 6IV Adamant Ditto, try to whore myself out for a Friend Ball (can't have a Mimikyu and NOT have him in one) , grab Kalos hat chu then Bank everything and trade Sun in to add to said pre-order.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing. Adhesive implies that it's sticky, but neither its design nor its description imply anything sticky about it.
Incidentally, the Japanese name for Adhesive is UB: Sticky.

Probably has something to do with the Poison typing. Like in Sci-Fi movies where aliens spit sticky substances to capture their "prey"?

While this is all cool, Assembly's typing is just disappointing. Rock/Steel? That feels too ordinary and common as a combination for one of the Ultra Beasts to be using (six other Pokémon use it already, the Aron family, Shieldon family, and Probopass). It's not out there like Rock/Poison or Steel/Flying.

Ultra Moon is lucky I like Dawn Wings Necrozma, otherwise I'd have switched sides and gone with Ultra Sun at this reveal for the Fire/Ghost Burst.

While this is all cool, Assembly's typing is just disappointing. Rock/Steel? That feels too ordinary and common as a combination for one of the Ultra Beasts to be using (six other Pokémon use it already, the Aron family, Shieldon family, and Probopass). It's not out there like Rock/Poison or Steel/Flying.

Ultra Moon is lucky I like Dawn Wings Necrozma, otherwise I'd have switched sides and gone with Ultra Sun at this reveal for the Fire/Ghost Burst.

to be fair, Nihilego is the only one with a unique type combination. And assembly is sufficiently alien I think. At least it's not an expected combination, just as ghost/fire was not top of the list for Burst (so now we've got Pokemon IT, which further cements my decision to get Ultra Moon)

Yeah, Assembly's typing is disappointing. Not only is it a terrible type for a defensive mon (4x weak to Ground and Fighting is not good), but I don't think we really needed a third Steel UB. It could have totally passed as a Rock/Ghost or Rock/Psychic type, I think.

to be fair, Nihilego is the only one with a unique type combination.
I'm saying, they were unique before the UBs first arrived. Bug/Fighting, Grass/Steel, Steel/Flying, and Dark/Dragon only had one Pokémon or evolutionary line last generation.

(credits to reddit user /u/blayro for pointing the following out in this post)

Basically, in the English trailer when Dulse says "There is only one thing we are here to confirm" while in the Spanish trailer his line translates as "We are here with an specific task. We want to know if this trainer is capable of protecting the little one."

The little one is presumably Cosmog, as it is present in that scene (though not Lillie, oddly), meaning that their primary goal or one of their goals might be making sure Cosmog doesn't fall under Necrozma's influence. This would probably increase the odds of them being good guys, or at least show that they have good intentions behind their actions.

Edit - A bit of a theory (well, really mass educated guessing) I came up with regarding their interactions with Lillie and Nebby:

We saw in this scene that Dulse and Zossie (and presumably Phyco and Soliera in Ultra Moon) seem to replace the Aether Employees chasing Lillie in the opening scene. A lot of people including me got malicious vibes from this, but what if they end up helping Lillie escape Aether and potentially find shelter with Kukui and Burnet?

They also seem to appear in or near Iki Town, meaning that they could be sticking around (no UB Adhesive pun intended) to make sure Cosmog stays safe - although their dialogue seems to imply a second potential mission, investigating abnormal aura readings and their relation to the kahuna. Once Lillie and Nebby begin traveling across Alola with you and Hau, they test you periodically in battle to make sure make sure you're capable of keeping Cosmog safe from Aether, Skull, Necrozma, or anyone else who may try to harm it.

edit 2 - words

Last edited:
We saw in this scene that Dulse and Zossie (and presumably Phyco and Soliera in Ultra Moon) seem to replace the Aether Employees chasing Lillie in the opening scene. A lot of people including me got malicious vibes from this, but what if they end up helping Lillie escape Aether and potentially find shelter with Kukui and Burnet?

Hmmm interesting. If what you said turns out to be true the scene could be a red herring. Like in the original scene from SM it's AF grunts trying keep Lillie from escaping, but maybe in USUM she's still running away from them and this little part of the scene is the URS trying to help her. Like it looks as if they're blocking her, but in reality it's more like they're gesturing to her to come this way to escape?

This plot is even more ambiguous then SM, how is that even possible. We never would have guessed an evolving legendary, UBs basically being Pokemon, Lusamine being THAT crazy etc, and yet here we are with a bunch of head scratchers. If the games follow a somewhat similar plot, then its only up to a certain point. Things we can infer from the trailers.
-Gladion and Lillie care somewhat about Lusamine
-Lusamine actually cares about Guzma, being shown defending his body(which is sprawled on the floor, he likely blacked out)
-Necrozma likes to munch on light. Out to eat Solgaleo/Lunala and devour Alola's light(the worlds?)
-Ultra Megalopolis has no natural light, having been devoured.
-Ultra Recon Guys jump between worlds(I guess)
-Game ends up in there at some point with a captured Dusk Mane/Dawn Wing Necrozma

None of this makes any sense when we also know Lillie ran away with Nebbie apparently, and Team Skull means they are still a front for Aether. The major questions are:
-Why does Lusamine Care about Guzma?
-When do the Aether Children take a heel turn about Momma?
-Is Necrozma truly the Antagonist, and can the Recon Squad be truly good? Like what if they want Necrozma to steal the light for themselves. What I mean is, the lightshow with the tiny yellow sparks makes me think of that Nebby art with Necrozma and the glowing flowers...

All in all I really wanna see how they tie it all together. Another thing, that one cave we have no idea about cause its new, should be on Lanakila, check out the frosty breath. New dungeon with an Ice Trial?

I didn't realize I'd fallen so far behind on the trailers with new info. Cripes, we had such a long dry spell there, I'd basically given up.

There are no words for how happy I am that surfing has returned. With a mini-game even. Shooting the curl!! Now bring diving back, dangnabbitt! I want to explore under the water between all those islands and finds all kinds of junk to dig up from the ocean floor. :)

Really not that concerned about the photo booth stuff. Eh....

Wow, completely new places to explore in USUM. And....looks like the story has been given a complete overhaul. Color me intrigued. I might have to rethink my previous stance that I wasn't going to bother getting the remake.

And I still don't give a flying Rattata's buttcheeks about the Ultra Beasts. I've always been a storyline person. Give me a decent storyline and I'm a happy Pokefan.

Back
Top Bottom