1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

Discussion in 'Current Event: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon' started by Soki, Jun 6, 2017.

1. dvor

dvor Member

Blog Posts:
    Same, i think the big trailer will be in the end of the month.

2. Kallyle

Kallyle Kartana soaked in Z-Power!

Blog Posts:
    First off, Necrozma's new signature move is pretty interesting, and the fact that the new Z-Moves can apparently be used by both Necrozma and Solgaleo/Lunala without being one of the standard ones is really intriguing. However, I would have rather had Photon Geyser be Necrozma's Z-Move with either Solgaleo or Lunala's signature more while keeping Searing Sunraze Smash and Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom exclusive to Solgaleo and Lunala respectively. I really wish there was some reason Necrozma won't outclass Solgaleo and Lunala at this point, just to break the tradition of the third legendary always being stronger. I hope Necrozma has the same BST as Solgaleo/Lunala for that reason.

As for Rotom, I'm just glad we get O-Powers back in some form, and the second Z-Move being random kind of balances out Rotom's Z-Power boost somewhat.

Maybe it'll activate in the Battle Tree and the Battle Royal Dome? They're still in-game locations, and it might be easier to farm for BP that way.

poke trey and PkmnTrainerV like this.
  3. SpikOriundo

SpikOriundo Pokéball Collector

Blog Posts:
    Oooh, these new Dex Rotom functions are really cool! Was really feeling like there was something missing for Rotom, he was really useless on Sun and Moon, outside of being a map.

Also, two new Z-Moves for Pokémon I won't be allowed to use on Battle Facilities nor competitions, hoopity-freaking-doo.

Refresh don't activate in there, so there is no reason why that would activate. Plus, GameFreak doesn't care about being easy or not to farm BP, they will make the standard. Also, don't forget, then the AI would probally be able to use 2 Z-Moves, imagine a Z-Sunny Day followed by a Z-Fire Blast?
    Maybe I forgot the name for the damaging Z-Move for fire types, don't judge me.

4. Desdar300

Desdar300 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Overview time.
    > The Mascots new Z moves not only look awesome but have a built in Mold Breaker.
    > Necrozma and its forms both get a a new move Photon Geyser which is interesting to say the least.
    > Rotom gets O Powers.
    Breaking character here for a bit to say thank God because the catch rate on some of the Mons was asinine ( shout out to Beldum for being impossible)
    > The website hints that Necrozma has more power that's yet to be untapped.
    Now I'll give the mic to Necrozma for his take on these latest developments.
    Necrozma - Bahahahahahahaa! You fools called me a discount Kyurem, but those apparitions weren't even my true form!!
    Very soon you will Rue the day you ever mocked me foolish Mortals!
    Well he was certainly jubilant wasn't he?
    Until next time this is your boy Des signing out!

5. swiftfox

swiftfox Vulpix velox

Blog Posts:
    It's really amazing how perceptions of these games have shifted since their initial announcement.

6. Harryghost

Harryghost The guide to the other world

Blog Posts:
    Kinda shows how instinctive and quick to action the Pokémon fandom, in general, is. *sighs*
    :(

Team Gaara and PkmnTrainerV like this.
  7. Esserise

Esserise Time will bury your bones unseen

Blog Posts:
    You mean how it went from “... yeah okay but what are they?” to “Some stuff looks cool but why weren’t they on sale last year?”?

8. Saternoir

Saternoir Member

Blog Posts:
    this is pessimistic as f*ck tbh

9. Desdar300

Desdar300 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I think he means how it went from " GF, you bastsrds, how dare you not give us what we thought was going to happen " - There's nothing new "- okay that looks kind of promising but it's not enough - wow that's actually a pretty good trailer- Yooo! This might actually be different than the original that we thought- Now I want this! Why didn't they show this six months ago?
    Watching the cycle of a Pokemon game is always the best part of being a fan.

10. Saternoir

Saternoir Member

Blog Posts:
    yep, I believe this is what he meant

11. Unown Seer

Unown Seer Earnest

Blog Posts:
    Nothing has changed for me. The games seem to be meeting my expectations and that really isn't saying much. I couldn't care less about the new UBs, which are the only surprise so far.

If the big annoumcements yet to come are Necrozma's final form (has it not eclipsed its brethren enough?) and a gym simulator, color me underwhelmed.

12. Kallyle

Kallyle Kartana soaked in Z-Power!

Blog Posts:
    Who's to say the secret isn't that Necrozma's new forms fainting results in powering us Solgaleo/Lunala even further?

13. Unown Seer

Unown Seer Earnest

Blog Posts:
    I doubt it, and besides, I really don't care about convoluted forms for legendaries.

14. Scarftail

Scarftail Tail Slap

Blog Posts:
    I think the quote regarding Necrozma's hidden power has something to do with this:
    Ultra_Sun_Ultra_Moon_Solganium_Z.png Ultra_Sun_Ultra_Moon_Lunalium_Z.png Lycanium_Z_artwork.png

15. DoctorWhy

DoctorWhy Time Lord wannabe

Blog Posts:
    Still dying for more Alolan forms to be shown soon... pls GF...

Team Gaara, jeisu, lavandula and 3 others like this.
  16. Isaac Gravity

Isaac Gravity Drifter

Blog Posts:
    Pretty much.

But this is also very true.

Alolan variants can get stuffed for all I care given what they've done with it so far. Favoritism (with a few surprises) and unfair distribution it was for Megas but at least they spanned across the previous gens.

17. dvor

dvor Member

Blog Posts:
    team skull is back+ new secret art
    [​IMG]
    (i don't know how to make is as a spoiler..)

#1017 dvor, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2017
  18. Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy Member

Blog Posts:
    Same. If they could show us just one at this point I’ll be satisfied.

DoctorWhy likes this.
  19. Soki

Soki Beep Boop
    Staff Coordinator

Blog Posts:
    Select the image > click on the + in the tool bar thing above the reply box > select "spoiler" > you now have a pretty spoiler tag :D

OR put [ spoiler ] in front of the image and [ /spoiler ] at the end (without the spaces).

dvor likes this.
  20. dvor

dvor Member

Blog Posts:
    ok thanks