• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

Photon Geyser has a cool mechanic (and name), always working off the higher attack stat. I wonder if Game Freak will play with that idea through more common moves (rather than legendary exclusive) and abilities next generation.

I am 99% sure the next trailer gonna reveal necrozma final form.
they revealed everything about dusk mane and dawn wings, now they can reveal true form.

I am 99% sure the next trailer gonna reveal necrozma final form.
they revealed everything about dusk mane and dawn wings, now they can reveal true form.
I think a Necrozma final form would be overkill if it has both that AND Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings. At this point, I have a feeling that the "light form" Necrozma will actually be forms of Solgaleo and/or Lunala as a bait-and-switch. If Necrozma stole their bodies, then maybe Solgaleo/Lunala can retaliate in kind by breaking off as a portion of its old light.

Honestly, I don't want any more big reveals. I'd rather discover the rest on my own.

upload_2017-10-13_23-27-7.png
I think it will be a Necrozma related form based on the Pokemon's eyes being similar to Necrozma's eyes with it being formed from multiple different coloured shapes put together.

I think it will be a Necrozma related form based on the Pokemon's eyes being similar to Necrozma's eyes with it being formed from multiple different coloured shapes put together.
Then what would be the point of Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings if Necrozma’s getting something even better? The only way I see that light thing still being some sort of Necrozma-related thing is if this is Necrozma’s pre-evolved form.

Besides, ever notice that Necrozma’s eyes are different in Dusk Mane and Dawn Wing Forms compared to its jewel-incrusted eyes previously? This could be because Solgaleo/Lunala took a part of Necrozma’s body in resistance to being completely absorbed. If they didn’t resist somehow, then how could we go to Ultra Space to confront Necrozma in the first place?

to set it apart from previous third legendaries? or there's always the possibility that the rumored final form is just a form for the story and is otherwise unobtainable without hacking.
I still find it more likely for that light thing to be a preevo for the guy than an improved form of it. If it is s Necrozma form though, I don’t think that would be its most powerful form, but rather its weakest.

Then what would be the point of Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings if Necrozma’s getting something even better? The only way I see that light thing still being some sort of Necrozma-related thing is if this is Necrozma’s pre-evolved form.

Besides, ever notice that Necrozma’s eyes are different in Dusk Mane and Dawn Wing Forms compared to its jewel-incrusted eyes previously? This could be because Solgaleo/Lunala took a part of Necrozma’s body in resistance to being completely absorbed. If they didn’t resist somehow, then how could we go to Ultra Space to confront Necrozma in the first place?
Because DW/DM Necrozma in the post game are only for travelling wormholes, while this 3rd Forme would be the only one you can use in battle after the main story is over. Crazy I know, but I like the idea that Necrozma gets its source of internal light, and thus has no need for Solgaleo/Lunala, which means no reason to fuse with em.

Tbh, I'm beginning to think that the cutscene we saw in the Japanese trailer of DM Necrozma being at the top of the tower (Whether it was captured by URS to get their light back or there to rest) will let us see it's true form that we'll have to fight.(Like a second phase for final bosses). And if that's the case, then that'll be really cool imo. Necrozma is shaping up to be a really interesting 3rd legend as far as the trailers are seemingly making it to be this menacing force that manipulates Solgaleo/Lunala for it's own interest. As far as this "new form" goes, I honestly feel it might become a dual Psychic/Dragon type, with all the black armor properly configured in the light body. As it stands now, Necrozma has a unique design, but is horribly disfigured. Even the armor stays the same when it latches onto Sol/Luna. I know many people wouldn't want yet ANOTHER 3rd DRAGON legendary, seeing as Necrozma is the only 3rd legendary that isn't a Dragon type. But looking at it's concept art again, it strikes me as weird in how the big piece that's placed under what's supposedly it's "face" is actually the head, and it's wings doesn't look anything like it at all. What I assumed to be the backpiece armor for it's "head" is actually the tail, facing the other way. Looking back at the rest of the trailers, if they truly are making Necrozma the actual "antagonist", then I would think that once you and Lillie arrive at the Altar of the Sunne/Moone and have Nebby evolve, that's when Necrozma appears out of the wormhole (Might've sensed Nebby evolving), and starts fighting against the legendary. Once Necrozma manages to pin them down and takes full control of them, we have to fight the "fused" form. Once we defeat it, Necrozma is still not letting go of the body and manages to escape into Ultra Space to come at the top of the tower in Ultra Megalopolis in order to rest up (Or the URS manages to trap it) Once we chase it down and arrive at the scene, Necrozma is absorbing too much light that it lets go of Nebby. Nebby, in fear of being controlled again by Necrozma, escapes back into the homeworld ( which MAY be a hint why we see the Ultra Wormhole when we get to Necrozma on the tower for a second) For getting revenge on you beating it the first try and refusing of letting go of the light, it becomes that light, and the black armor which constraints it in the first place becomes clear and rearranges and places itself properly. What we'll have to fight is a huge, intimidating dragon-like creature made entirely out of light. This dragon-like entity is the most powerful Ultra beast and one to be greatly feared.

Those are just my thoughts on how the story may be played out. Not sure how to fit Lusamine and Team Skull into this, but this is interesting nonetheless. While it may be really dissapointing that they haven't announced any new Alolan forms so far in favor of Z-move Wonderland, I'm still interested in seeing how the story plays out, and how they'll handle Necrozma, which honestly is handled better than how Zygarde was, to say the least haha.

Though..I'm thinking that Necrozma is more of a Necromancer in this case, of manipulating the "dead" bodies of Sol/Luna (Since the names of the forms suggest the end of day/night, and starting to transition into the next phase) while it is still dead in itself. I wonder if Necromancy relates to Alchemy in any way..?

This would've been the perfect opportunity to have the first Light Type/Aether type. I mean we are getting our first actual light being and have no type that matches this truly.

This would've been the perfect opportunity to have the first Light Type/Aether type. I mean we are getting our first actual light being and have no type that matches this truly.
It would probably be Psychic considering Necrzoma, Solgealeo, and Lunala all have an association with light and share the Psychic type

If not a post game only forme, like I suggested above, it has to be something above the Fusions. Necrozma is the Devourer of Light, an entire appearance and existence as a pure being of light is the complete opposite of Necrozma as a whole.
Another theory I would like to actually appeal to is a Dragon Type Ultra beast that is pure light. This UB is actually the result of all the gorging on light, and its Necrozma forme is a Psychic/Dragon beast of a Pokemon with near M-Rayquaza stats.

Aether would fit all the UBs, really. Their real typings are pretty mundane.
Yeah, no kidding. Back in the day when we knew very little about Ultra Beasts, I thought Game Freak would have made their own "Ultra Types" for these creatures in terms of strengths and weaknesses in order to show how Alien they are. In fact, I think they should have shared a new type called the Ultra-type to capitalize their connection. To this day, I still don't know why Game Freak decided to give them such mundane types. At the very least, Game Freak could have given them a variation of their types that allowed for STAB but also makes their resistances and weaknesses different from what the types usually have.

Well, one argument against an Aether/Ultra type is that it might have overcentralized the UBs too much. Some of them are pretty potent as-is.

Back
Top Bottom