• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

Could you please stop trying to force other people to like the game, and he does bring up valid points such as shallow/minor features that have been revealed so far.Lile you are not going to spend that long with the Photo Club or the Mantine Surf minigame.

Even if you don't really care about battle facilities, if one thing they have is depth and variety so it's something you can spend time on whilst not get bored of it immediately as well.

That's why the Frontier was great, even though Emerald/Platinum, especially the latter which is didn't add too much outside of it gave us something which had depth and actual content that we could spend time to conquer, which gives those games the replaybility value which the recent games lack.
While I don't agree with Bolt's points, at least he's given reasonable arguments.
However, I can't behind the idea of calling them lazy just because they didn't make 20+ unique dungeons in a game that's already legendary heavy. ( especially when it's not confirmed that they haven't)
I like the Battle Frontier as well but that comes as more of a case of " speak for yourself ". The issue with the fandom is that we all assumed people share our want & desires when that's couldn't be further from the truth .
Perhaps some players might not care about a Pokemon game that values its story over everything else but that doesn't mean that there aren't a boatload of people who do like that kind of game ( cough, cough, Japanese players.)
But that's just my two cents though.

How is making a story X2 the length of the original "minor and shallow"? Y'all complain about not seeing enough and when they show it to you, you complain about seeing too much.

I think they've show plenty for many to conclude, as of now with what we've seen, the games are vastly different than SuMo, especially in terms of story if nothing else. I honestly feel it's as if some people are just so bitter about the mere existence of this game you're convincing yourself that it's offering you nothing or only "minor changea" when in actuality, if this had been a sequel, y'all would be in love with it.

Again, they haven't really proven those kinds of statements yet. They've said things like the game being SM x2 and having more content than Emerald and Platinum, but those are PR statements that haven't definitively been proven. Their actions and what they've actually shown haven't quite backed that up. In what way is what we've seen double length? Do we know how long events like the Ultra Space/Ultra Recon Team plotlines or Rainbow Rocket are going to take? They could easily just be as long as the Distortion World event or the Delta Episode, we haven't seen how those things take anywhere near as long as SM's storyline, we've just seen snippets of a few extra events. Are we exploring new areas or re-exploring old ones to pad out that length? Is Ultra Space as big as Alola? The trailers do not definitively answer those questions, we know there's extra story but we don't really know how much, they're just claiming it's double length but that could easily be an exaggeration to make these games look better than they are. You should always take a statement like that with a grain of salt before you see actual content that proves it.

Tomorrows trailer is gonna be huge, I can feel it.
-Rainbow Rocket with old Team Bosses.
-Alolan Form Eeveelutions or something like this.
-Battle Facilities
-Gym Simulator
-Another Ultra Beast
-Necrozma Light Forme

Say what? Did I miss something?
Nah this is just a mistranslation on a french clickbaity website that got an interview (somehow) with Game Freak through Nintendo Europe

Say what? Did I miss something?
Well, the interview which said there will be no Alolan forms also said there will be something new about Eevee. However since there were a lot of problems with the page's credibility, I'm gonna ignore it ever happened.

That interview said to speak Kukui about Eevee, I thought it would just be related to getting its Z-Crystal, since battle moves are Kukui's area of expertise. They probably won't lock the Eevee crystal until the end of the game this time, is my thinking.

Alolan Eeveelutions would be weird, because the entire Eevee family is basically just variants to begin with. Changing Vaporeon to an Ice-type is just Glaceon. If it was going to get anything new like that, I would have thought it'd be a new Eeveelution that evolves in Ultra Space or something.

That interview said to speak Kukui about Eevee, I thought it would just be related to getting its Z-Crystal, since battle moves are Kukui's area of expertise. They probably won't lock the Eevee crystal until the end of the game this time, is my thinking.

Alolan Eeveelutions would be weird, because the entire Eevee family is basically just variants to begin with. Changing Vaporeon to an Ice-type is just Glaceon. If it was going to get anything new like that, I would have thought it'd be a new Eeveelution that evolves in Ultra Space or something.
I was kidding with the Alolan eevelutions thing :p
And yes Ultra Space eevee would be interesting but considering it can't be psychic, what else could it be?

Yep, the tweet is why I mentioned it. Alolan form eeveelutions don't neccessarily mean entirely new types. I can see them using Regional Forms as a way to introduce the other types to the family, with the original ones becoming:
Electric/Steel
Fire/Poison
Water/Dragon

Later on we could have:
Dark/Fighting
Psychic/Ghost
For the Johto set
Ice/Ground
Grass/Rock for the Sinnoh set, and finally
Fairy/Bug for Sylveon

Eventually, a normal/flying one can be introduced as a proper eevre evolution.

Did someone say Electric/Steel Jolteon? Count me in, I wishhhh any of this to come true.

I like Mitchman's idea ^ of them getting the types not used for them yet as a secondary typing/potential form change thing. Why do I want this so bad now.

So from them showing off that image early you'd have to imagine there's a LOT more for them to talk about to tomorrow. I never thought that RR would be the only thing announced tomorrow, but with them showing off the pic early I imagine now even more that there's more for them to show us. Should be exciting to see what happens. Hopefully they don't just cover RR and then be done with it. I'd want more info on other stuff too!!! lol

It occurs to me that we still don't have any context for that huge, dark vortex over Poni Island on the new map, and we've only seen Necrozma come out of regular gridline wormholes. I wonder if the next trailer will touch on that at all.

I think tomorrow's trailer will be substantially big. I could see us getting RR (duh) Necrozma's final form/context for the black void above Poni island, and maybe Alolan forms. I could even see then very briefly showcasing the gym facility. That seems like a lot, but I imagine they'd only briefly touch on the black void (just enough to get us thinking about it) and the gym facility would also only be touched on very quickly. Thus leaving us with 2-3 big portions of the video. RR, an Alolan form, and then a surprise (I guess?) being the reveal of the Necrozma form as the final segment. I'd say that maybe they won't even show off the Necrozma form and only tease it, but TPC has never shied away from spoiling us on main story final forms before so why start now? lol

Personally, I hope they don't spoil any more of the main story's plot other than maybe a few quick Necrozma teases (though if the light form is real, you know they're going to reveal that for sure, just like they did for Mega Rayquaza). We've already seen quite a bit of the Ultra Recon Squad and the interviews have been slowly feeding us hints towards their goals, and we've also been showcased quite a few cutscenes with Necrozma towards the climax of the game. I'd like to be surprised by how the final battle goes down when the game comes out, just how Lusamine's battle surprised me.

I'm down for more Rocket info, preferably not showing off everything but still enough to evoke a lot of hype. Showing how the legendaries are encountered would be great too so we could finally stop wondering if we return to old areas or not.

If there's a new battle facility/festival battle plaza or something I hope they reveal that, since it's not spoilery and I think a lot of people would be happy to see more post-game content. I'm surprised they didn't reveal Mimikyu's Z-Move for Halloween, but I think that'll be coming tomorrow also.

They have a lot of stuff to show us, the trailer is going to be around 3-4 minutes

Back
Top Bottom