• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

So the Rainbow Rocket thing was true after all! And even better, the other evil team leaders show up as well. And holy crap, Giovanni is battling us with Mewtwo! This is epic. :D I also like the idea of the Totem Stickers. It'll be cool to use Totem sized Pokemon :p

Rainbow Rocket is still a stupid name even if it's real; my stance to that regard won't change.

About Archie and Maxie: Don't their old designs confirm that all of these guys are from the Gen I-V universe? I don't mind, but... I still dislike the "different universe" shtick they've been forcing since ORAS.

175.jpg

That's a long way away.

Rainbow Rocket is still a stupid name even if it's real; my stance to that regard won't change.

About Archie and Maxie: Don't their old designs confirm that all of these guys are from the Gen I-V universe? I don't mind, but... I still dislike the "different universe" shtick they've been forcing since ORAS.
[Team Rocket confirmed gay]

Also, they've been promoting that ever since the original R/S/E. ORAS was just very blatant about it. But BW was like that too...

So, what we got was pretty neat. It seems Rainbow Rocket is confirmed. What’s interesting is that they all have their original designs. Are the leaders all from variations of their debut games?

I’m also glad that we got a new facility this time. I was afraid that we wouldn’t get any new ones seeing as we have the Battle Royal Dome.

Last but not least, I find it interesting that we get to own a version of the Totem Pokémon. I honestly never saw that one coming.

OP's been updated with today's trailers.
----
As I suspected, all legendaries will be available, albeit via Ultra Wormholes as opposed to Hoopa. I'm not sure how to feel about Rainbow Rocket though, but Giovanni seems to be implying it's part of the main plot. What's strange to me is that Cyrus is meant to be in the Distortion World (granted, he could've escaped via Ultra Wormhole), and Lysandre should be buried underneath tonnes of rubble. Battle Agency looks like a reskin of the Battle Factory with some bells and whistles, so I'm curious about that too.

So it looks like RR have multiple bases, since one of them's in the Festival Plaza. Maybe we'll be fighting alongside Sophocles for that one...

I really can't believe Rainbow Rocket was actually right!~ Damn, and we battle every team leader? Is it part of the story, meaning Cyrus is canonically alive? And Lysandre? Or is it just an Easter Egg type deal~ Also, YAASS, at me able to make my Pokemon Totems!

The problem is that not proving something one way or another doesn't sell this game to the skeptics. If you're not sure if a game is doing something or not, are you really going to buy it and risk wasting your money on a game you might not enjoy? Of course not, you buy a game because of its merits, because you like what the developer is actually offering, not because maybe it'll be what you want. So the people who want significant differences and content are probably going to default to not buying it until proven true.

Well, generally Pokemon fans do, in fact, buy games without knowing if they're "worth it" or not. I mean maybe not everyone, but that vast majority of Pokemon fans will buy the games regardless~ I'm not saying those aren't valid points but I'm pretty sure the people who are defaulting to not buying are in the minority.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQHAOcn-zDw

Japanese trailer is different!

Is the recon squad working with Lusamine?

Also new art:

vxle2iaXrfu7QbPOmDWylg53GcL6Yfqr2XEsMaVepBM.jpg

MY DUDE CYRUUUSSSSS~ And the PC's team is looking HELLA SEXY, OMG this ART!~

Why are they using Archie and Maxie's old designs?

That's a good point~ Maybe USUM takes place in RSE canon and not ORAS canon~

And yet still no Necrozma Light Form or Malie Gymulator. Methinks they could package those up with the other two Z-Moves for one more trailer next week.

And yet still no Necrozma Light Form or Malie Gymulator. Methinks they could package those up with the other two Z-Moves for one more trailer next week.

Do you really think they're gonna reveal the form that's the central plot point?

Do you really think they're gonna reveal the form that's the central plot point?

They could, after all...

“HEY KDS LOOK YOU CAN ALSO GET A SUPERMEGAULTRA GALAXY-EYES PHOTON NECROZMA!!!!!!!!!”

Besides, it’s not like they’ve been spoiler-averse before.

@Ambrose7 oh yeah and the UBs, knew I was leaving something out

I actually have... mixed feelings on this. Hyped that we can, once again, catch all legendaries, as well as fight all evil team members, but disappointed that this is pretty much fanservice, and the fact that this has been leaked before

Still... can it become my favorite Pokemon game? It seems to have potential, as long as the post game is fun it may

Back
Top Bottom