• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Donz8_aqZfc

First hour differences video uploaded by a reviewer! It shows little of the game, but for an 8 minute video it got me pretty excited. The graphics are a major step up, more dynamic lighting and fixed shadows then the flat look we got in SM, and the story differences are apparent from the start.
Lillie looks to be much more confident in stealing Nebby. Also at Mahalo Trial bridge she mentions not being a trainer instead of being afraid. I am definitely expecting Trainer Lillie now.
Less cutscenes, yaaaaaah. No more Kukui handholding. Arrive in Alola, walk out the front door, and just explore. The starters are available 5 minutes into the game, maybe less, and you can save right before without a huge bunch of cutscenes. Soft Resetters eat your hearts out. Also, I was right months ago, we actually battle the Spearow on the bridge.

So yeah, presentation got a major boost in the overworld and cutscenes, and the actual game seems to be a lot less handholdy right off the bat. Games gonna be hype.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Donz8_aqZfc

First hour differences video uploaded by a reviewer!

and its gone.jpg

Why would he remove it? Was he not allowed to share that information?

Those seem like quite a lot of spoilers, I'm pretty sure he was indeed not allowed to share that much info ^^; From what I know, reviewers can only share their opinion without actually revealing anything new. I think they even get a specific list of things they're allowed to share and what not. Showing about the whole first part of the game doesn't seem like something that would be allowed.

I wonder what the last trailer will be about then, given the information that's currently out (not that I expect them to suddenly change up their marketing and such). Nearly one more week to go, everyone! :D

Pokemon.com: How much do you take into account the current competitive environment when designing a new game?

Mr. Iwao: Of course, we pay attention to the competitive environment and monitor it when making adjustments to the game, but we don't really directly respond to specific requests from players. We don't want to just put in things that players expect, but instead we want to be always one step ahead and implement things that players aren't anticipating.
Essentially, "We don't want to put in things we know that players want; we just want to surprise them and hope for the best lmao."

:|

Pokemon.com: Some players voiced a desire for more post-game content in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Is that something you've expanded upon for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon?

Mr. Iwao: The scenario featuring Team Rainbow Rocket is only accessible after the player completes the main game. We also have plenty of sub-events for players to enjoy, and there are plenty of rewards to be had for playing Mantine Surf and the Ultra Warp Ride, even after you finish the main story. It's my hope players will continue to spend lots of time enjoying the game after completing the main scenario.
That sure sounds like very little, honestly. I just hope Mantine Surf evolves like PokeStar and gets more stuff once you beat the E4.

Game spoilers
The "100" events thing hasn't been brought up from dataminers or streamers. Are they supposed to be the 100 totem stickers?

Last edited:
What is the “core” of Pokémon? What is the “core” or an RPG? What is the “core” of what makes a game? We would constantly ask ourselves these kinds of questions to make sure we were on the right track when coming up with new ideas for the game or making development decisions.
Seems like a vague way of saying "just enough to keep some people happy".

Verlisify to the rescue, he found a news trailer from the official Japanese Pokemon YouTube channel. The video has no spoilers.

Ten bucks says you have to beat rainbow rocket to get the legendaries in ultra space given that they appear to have the legendaries.

Oops, forgot to post the trailer for the mods to put in the opening.

Or, more specifically I think: "what's the bare minimum we need to include so that it makes a decent profit?"

While I do think they’re not putting in as much content as they used to, I don’t really think that’s quite their attitude about it, especially in relation to that interview quote. It may not be the Battle Frontier or whatever, but stuff like Mantine Surfing, the Photo Club, and the Ultra Warp Ride isn’t exactly “bare minimum” material that you just whip up on the fly.

In fact, one of the “bare minimum” things that would hush a lot of peoples’ complaints without requiring much effort to do on GF’s part would be restoring the National Dex, which they didn’t do.

Back
Top Bottom