• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

I really wouldn't get my hopes up until they confirm it..it's already weird that the other scenes showing the player don't have following pokemon, so it might be some gimmick/minigame/restricted area

Also, has anybody been able to translate the japanese trailer's Z bracelet feature part? I can't really tell what the new flipping crystal thing is for from just watching the footage
Its on the english site, Z-Power Ring, with new Z Moves. Comple separate from Pomemon specific moves too, which aee also coming. So....
2 Pokefinder buildings
2 Japanese buildings
And some striped roof.
I wonder what they are.

I wonder where Ryuki is right now lol

VSymsFf.jpg
0pwHSGW.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if all this wordplay is due to what seems to be extreme Ultra Violet Ray exposure that is causing the drought? Just throwing that out there. I'll be sad if they don't somehow connect the dots with what happens in ORAS when Team Aqua/Magma release the legendary mons there. That would be awesome.

I really wouldn't get my hopes up until they confirm it..it's already weird that the other scenes showing the player don't have following pokemon, so it might be some gimmick/minigame/restricted area

I'm trying not to...
BUT COME ON THEY SHOWED THAT ROCKRUFF FOLLOWING THE PLAYER!
They obviously know that we want that back. If they don't, then they haven't looked at any Pokémon forum for the last 10 years or so, which I find that hard.

I'm trying not to...
BUT COME ON THEY SHOWED THAT ROCKRUFF FOLLOWING THE PLAYER!
They obviously know that we want that back. If they don't, then they haven't looked at any Pokémon forum for the last 10 years or so, which I find that hard.

Maybe it's just some interactive between player and Pokemon. Don't get to hype

I wonder where Ryuki is right now lol

VSymsFf.jpg
0pwHSGW.jpg
None of the buildings added to Alola are gyms, and I doubt they would add just one. I dont wanna be that guy, but I am seriously wondering about it being in Alola.

None of the buildings added to Alola are gyms

You sure about that? Only the ones in Hau'oli and Konikoni look identical, yellow and red with the Rotom Dex door and such. The ones in Heahea, Royal Avenue, and Malie all have individual exteriors.

Only two of thlse have giant Pokeballs on em. I would rather shoot for the moon unrealistically then cynically accept that in the main story they added two gyms, and one a retread at that.

If nothing else, I love the changes to the music. Also, it's either gonna include the return of following Pokemon or the overworld Pokemon are more lively, which obviously I'd prefer the former, but I wouldn't mind the latter.

Last edited:
Agreed that I would NOT get hyped about following Pokemon. The Rockruff looks like a wild Pokemon he just runs up to and it follows him a bit while he's within range. A Pokemon isn't even following him on the map in the scene right before this. It's probbaly just an overworld Pokemon feature.

I wonder where the image from Serebii is from~ I saw that first, then came on here to watch the trailer and just realized at the post a bit above me that it wasn't in either of the trailers~ More news may be coming!~ :3

I wonder where the image from Serebii is from~ I saw that first, then came on here to watch the trailer and just realized at the post a bit above me that it wasn't in either of the trailers~ More news may be coming!~ :3

It's just from the official site. They pretty much always release a few extra screenshots along with any trailers.

That said, the Worlds opening ceremony is today and they usually show something new at that (Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Slowbro, Crabrawler), and Game Informer have said that they have something about a feature in the games that they're going to reveal later today.

Is that giant X on the altar new? What I mean is someone crossed out the sun. Antagonistic legendary incoming?

Is that giant X on the altar new? What I mean is someone crossed out the sun. Antagonistic legendary incoming?

That's not new. It was exactly the same in SM. Remember when the Altar opened?

normal_altar.png

Anyone wanna guess what trial will replace Lanas? Cause there aint nu water on the island anymore.

I'm not so sure. If you look closely at the high quality image of the map, there's still shading that suggests flowing water. It might just be a weird color/shading choice.

None of the buildings added to Alola are gyms

Zero evidence for this claim. Don't spread false information as if it is fact. Right now, it is no more than speculation.

It's just from the official site. They pretty much always release a few extra screenshots along with any trailers.

That said, the Worlds opening ceremony is today and they usually show something new at that (Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Slowbro, Crabrawler), and Game Informer have said that they have something about a feature in the games that they're going to reveal later today.

Silly me, I thought Worlds already had started and that's where this was from. Well that's great, more to look forward to~

Great to finally get some news. Even though there wasn't much new stuff, it's great to see what these games have. I'm thrilled to see Kahili and Rykui are possibly going to be having larger roles. I'm wondering if that place with the A. Exeggutor is Exeggutor Island. And of course I can't wait to get more on these, "new secrets" of Alola. Especially the new black Z-Ring.

I'm not going to form an opinion of the Rockruff chasing the character, since it could easily just be a random overworld Pokemon. But I love the new artwork of the starters and the main characters.

Back
Top Bottom