• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

If you mean seeing her in the Z-Powered form for the whole game, then no, there was a released screenshot of her in her Nihilego clothes.

19.jpg

If that's not what you meant, then sorry for making an unneeded correction.
When was the screenshot released? It feels kinda photoshopped to me.
I just thought of something. If Team Skull really is gone, who could be Gladion's employer for the initial part of the game. Hm...
He'll be a freelancer

Last edited:
When was the screenshot released? It feels kinda photoshopped to me.

He's a freelancer

I got it off Serebii's Pre-Release screenshots page, though I believe it was first released on the official Pokemon website's Alola Region section (scroll down to Cosmog, click gallery, and click the arrow to the second picture).

I was actually also very confused when I saw it show up without context for the first time lol. It's kind of hidden away in the website.

To be more specific. Yes they can be team Aether, obviously. Those coats look very posh. However, two things. Both Wicke and Faba could use more character development, and I cannot see them sidelining the two of em for other characters. Two, Team Galactic's outfits were specifically created to invoke regular spacesuits. So while its perfectly fine for what are obviously Ultra Space Explorers, the design is still way too close to TG to not be skeptical. And then you have that wormhole which gives me serious Giratina Vibes. And hell so does Necrozma, as well as gen 4 in general. The whole tapu thing is like the lake guardians, we have an Artificial Arceus, and the 3rd Legendary is an antagonistic eldritch horror who creates a giant purple worrlmhole above the region. And now these guys.

I love the idea tbh. Maybe the whole ORAS being a lose prequel to XY thing is a set up for this sequel of sorts to DPPt.

Yeah I know super late to the party, work kept me too busy.

I am loving this new poster, and the response to it. The first thing that caught my eye is Lillie holding a Pokeball. I had seen the screenshot of her in her starting outfit, but based on how this promotional outfit shows her in her z powered form, with a Pokeball, leads me to believe that she kight besidr to become a trainer during the course of the game. This idea has me more excited than anything else.

It could be any time that she makes this switch, but I personally want to believe it's after we save Nebby. Lillie has been considering being a trainer before, but seeing the player jump in to rescue Cosmog makes her decide to want to protect her Pokemon herself. Maybe she is your main rival, or Hau is ur main rival, and actually choses the starter that has a type advantage on urs.

I made a list of Pokemon I wanted to see in the Dex, and I was going to include Larvesta. But before I could edit my list, this showed up. So now I can't take credit for predicting this :v

I like that we battle Mina, and I'm glad that at least Sophocles's Trial is more creative this time around. But for me, surfing is the coolest aspect. I hope we can race Mantine, too.

80e713ceb0229e7b3f8eb652aa42cf36.png

These are 100% new characters I'm thinking either Aether Admin or Ultra Space Denizen, also the moustache on the one of the back will be hilarious to see in game.

So does "surf between the islands of Alola" mean we can travel by sea among the islands without the ferry, or is Mantine Surf just a mini game? In this trailer, it almost looks to be both, which gives me wonderful Wind Waker vibes. :D

That surfing minigame looks fricken AWESOME! The music is just as cool!

Oh, and I guess other news happened, too. That's a thing.

The official site has a screenshot of Totem (Alolan) Marowak, presumably replacing Totem Salazzle.

So does "surf between the islands of Alola" mean we can travel by sea among the islands without the ferry, or is Mantine Surf just a mini game? In this trailer, it almost looks to be both, which gives me wonderful Wind Waker vibes. :D

The official site updated and now says this:

> Mantine Surf isn’t just a way to get between islands—it’s also a sport where you compete for the highest score by pulling off different cool moves!

Also, praying to Lord Rayquaza for a Marlon cameo. The dude grew up around tons of Mantine!

Okay, the ability to surf between the islands of Alola, as well being a minigame to score points is ULTRA rad! A very nice, and awesome new addition to the franchise indeed.

-Surfing between Islands! Surf Minigame that might get slightly repetitive! OH JOY. Seriously though, its right there where I expected it to be, hopefully there are other ride Pokemon competitions too. *Fingers Crossed*
-Alola Photo Club is basically another gen 5 parallel. Cutesy hollow sidequest where unlocks are based on some arbitrary score system that has no real reward or skill, basically the musicals.
-Trials are no longer lifeless cuts to black scene transitions, there is more life to em. I loved the concept, but hated the execution in some places, so actual cutscenes and new stuff is welcome. Mina Kahili, Mallow, Kiawe(?) confirmed, I wonder who else and if they cut some out or perhaps went over 7.
-Hau goes confident in the later half? Lillie becomes a trainer? Good lord. And wait, what is that, Hau in Paniola with 4 Pokemon? FOUR EFFING POKEMON?!
7TO7Vak.gif

-Those Ultranauts look amazing now that we have a clear look at em, especially that FABULOUS mustache on the guy all the way in the back.

TLDR:Looking much better then SM did in its prerelease period, don't screw this up TOO MUCH Gamefreak. I might forgive you for the Photo Club if the things shown are as good as they look and we are still in the dark about other stuff. I just damn might.

2e77c69787175161334ab44a3ad89df8

Woah! Wonder what has Acerola so agitated:
I'm thinking that it's a ghost yelling. Otherwise, wouldn't Acerola's name be shown?

> Mantine Surf isn’t just a way to get between islands—it’s also a sport where you compete for the highest score by pulling off different cool moves!
>Compete
Minigame/sidequest confirmed. I got what I wanted from this game. Time to start breeding for my own Mantyke so I can use one on my team.

Also, praying to Lord Rayquaza for a Marlon cameo. The dude grew up around tons of Mantine!
I want this, and I love you for also wanting this.

I have no idea what that thing is in Sophocles's trial. It appears to be a combination of Metagross and Vikavolt.

Holy crap, I certainly didn't expect a new trailer today. This is so exciting. I'm so glad to see the Island Challenge is definitely back with updated trials, different Totems and Mina with her own trial.

Lillie and Hau's new artwork is great. I like that Hau was running with his Torracat in the Japanese trailer. And it seems Lillie does her Z-form pose perfectly this time, you go girl. (y) Not to mention she'll be with us during the Necrozma encounter.

Thank goodness for an updated dex with lots of non-Kanto Pokemon. :D Tropius should have in the originals, but I guess better late than never.

Mantine surf looks amazing. I guess boat ravel is a thing of the past. :DBut I never would have expected to be doing tricks on the thing:eek:. That's so cool.

Back
Top Bottom