• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

I Ultra Don’t Think that the Rainbow Rocket stuff will be non-canonical. If it is what I think it is, then it will probably be a post-game episode like the Looker Bureau, Delta Episode, and UB Hunt (none of which are disputed canon*). It would seem like a waste for Rocket’s return to just be an inconsequential nostalgic runaround; they’ve never brought back an evil team in this manner before so it’s a fairly big step for them and it has some potential, even if that potential manifests as over-the-top craziness.

* I actually don’t think “canon” is a word that’s ever even been used within GF’s offices, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, time for me to lie down and slingshot my consciousness forward to trailer time. (y)
Exactly. This doesn't appear to something akin to the PWT but is more like the Delta episode. Also Giovanni may not be the Giovanni from the first games but that doesn't mean this game isn't canon. Considering how future games like BW talked about Platinum instead of Diamond and Pearl, it is very likely that upcoming games will refer to USUM. So it is canon.

No those Necrozma arms are from the Solgaleo and Lunala forms and the wormhole is separate.

As for the Entei-Tyranitar thing, that might be the rental facility, maybe.

No those Necrozma arms are from the Solgaleo and Lunala forms and the wormhole is separate.b

As for the Entei-Tyranitar thing, that might be the rental facility, maybe.
Look around the wormhole. There are cracks in the space around it that feature the same stain glass look the Necrozma Star's eyes has in the box arts.

The problem is that not proving something one way or another doesn't sell this game to the skeptics. If you're not sure if a game is doing something or not, are you really going to buy it and risk wasting your money on a game you might not enjoy? Of course not, you buy a game because of its merits, because you like what the developer is actually offering, not because maybe it'll be what you want. So the people who want significant differences and content are probably going to default to not buying it until proven true.
Dude! Just return it if you don't like it. That's what I did with PMD. It really is that simple. Why does everyone forget you can do that.

I have a feeling today’s trailer won’t change anyone’s mind one way or the other no matter what it shows.

I don’t want it to reveal too much. I think they’ve handled it perfectly so far, and I want to go in with at least a little sense of mystery.

The visual changes to the bottom screen in battle look pretty cool.

I have a feeling today’s trailer won’t change anyone’s mind one way or the other no matter what it shows.

I don’t want it to reveal too much. I think they’ve handled it perfectly so far, and I want to go in with at least a little sense of mystery.
If it does confirm that past leaders are returning then it'll change some minds at least. And also, while unlikely, if new Alolan forms are shown then it'll change a lot of minds.

I CAN'T WAIT 8 MORE MINUTES, MY HEART WILL BURST FROM EXCITEMENT AAAAAAA

No but EH all the villains are non-megaverse? That's def interesting!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQHAOcn-zDw

Japanese trailer is different!

Is the recon squad working with Lusamine?

Also new art:

vxle2iaXrfu7QbPOmDWylg53GcL6Yfqr2XEsMaVepBM.jpg

Whoa! Giovanni with Mewtwo? I am so looking forward to that battle!!

Back
Top Bottom