• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

Look! The Festival Plaza is exciting for once!
RR Festival Plaza.png

It also sort of implies that these Legendary Pokémon are on other... planets? :eek:
Maybe that was for an Ultra Beast and not a legendary?
Anyway, its really cool that Legendaries have their dungeons. This game can't come soon enough for me :p

I can't believe the original Chinese leak about a new villain team named "Rainbow" featuring past villains was actually correct! :eek:

But although I suspect I'll like this postgame story better than the Looker missions, I still can't help but feel like it's going to be a real mess of a time-travel plot, and that getting to revisit Kanto and challenge the 8 original Gyms in SM's time would've been a much better postgame.

And although the story reveals have definitiely been much more exciting than I had originally expected, I will be pretty disappointed if there's no new Alolan Forms (especially that Grass/Fire Alolan Victreebel!).

And they've changed up the Island Scan Pokémon, too, with the English trailer showing Charmander, Grovyle and Greninja. Think it's safe to assume the other Kanto/Hoenn/Kalos starters will show up as well.

So only the Sinnoh starters aren't catchable in any Alola games. Hmm...

Confirmed Exclusive Legendaries:
すべての伝説のポケモンを仲間にしよう!|『ポケットモンスター ウルトラサン・ウルトラムーン』公式サイト

Ultra Sun:
Ho-oh
Raikou
Groudon
Latios
Dialga
Heatran
Reshiram
Tornadus
Xerneas

Ultra Moon:
Lugia
Entei
Kyogre
Latias
Palkia
Regigigas
Zekrom
Thundrus
Yveltal

Both versions:
Mewtwo
Zapdos
Articuno
Moltres
Suicune*
Rayquaza*
Regirock
Registeel
Regice
Giratina*
Mespirit
Azelf
Uxie
Cresselia
Kyurem*
Landorus*
Cobalion
Virizion
Terrakion
Zygarde

**Trio Heads of which they can only be captured in either game if you have the following for each.

Suicune = Have both Raikou and Entei in either game.
Rayquaza = Have both Kyogre and Groudon in either game.
Giratina = Have both Dialga and Palkia in either game
Kyurem = Have both Reshiram and Zekrom in either game.
Landorus =Have both Thundrus and Tornadus in either game.

Last edited:
Ghetsis' outfit sticks out like a sore thumb amongst all the other team leaders in their rather suave looking suits.

The rental facility might be fun. I should finally EV train up my shiny Hawlucha for people to use in there.

With Cyrus and Lysandre being alive, this will change theories about them being dead. How did they come back to us from wherever they were? At least we get to see our favorite villains that never appeared in 3D in 3D. Giovanni looks like he finally recaptured Mewtwo after 20 years.

Other observations:

Zygarde's been shunted off into a wormhole. Ouch. It makes more sense, but it feels like the poor snake gets no respect. In other news, water is wet.

Pausing in the 5 minute Japanese trailer, Lysandre's Pyroar looks to be in a Master Ball.

Also from that trailer, Giovanni using Mewtwo in its Mega Y form. Because it clearly wasn't powerful enough, eh? Then again, we might be looking a case of Mega Y in one game, Mega X in the other.

Not as much as I was expecting, but that was VERY cool, so many cool things.
-Battle Agency sounds fun, basically a battle Factory.
-GBADS Era evil teams, things jusy got very interesting.
-Totem Stickers! I would love to use a Salazzle again, so this will be fun.
-Legendary Pokemon. Small little cave, but its not just Hoopa Rings again, so its okay in my book.

With the Agency, this marks 3 major Battle Facilities. Its no frontier, but its damn close.

The Rocket Hideout remix in this trailer is soooooooooooo good:

View: https://youtu.be/AD29Nmx2QuM

Wait, at 1.09. That's the champion's room. I guess that means we are the champion again.

Also notice that shot of Kukui in the Champion Chamber at 2:45.

I suppose they could pull a curveball and have him step aside to let someone else challenge us, but that’s looking unlikely.

It's pretty obvious that all non-mythical Pokemon are obtainable in USUM. It's needed for the VGC.

I don't see what the Battle Agency offers that the Battle Tree doesn't with QR codes. I bet that most people haven't tried the latter just because it was barely advertised.

With Cyrus and Lysandre being alive, this will change theories about them being dead. How did they come back to us from wherever they were? At least we get to see our favorite villains that never appeared in 3D in 3D. Giovanni looks like he finally recaptured Mewtwo after 20 years.
These bosses are from worlds where they were successful in completing their original evil plans. That's why the two you mentioned are still alive.

So there's no new Alolan Pokemon and the Rainbow Rocket fanfiction turned out to be true? Looks like I'll be skipping these games after all.

Theories about Cyrus being dead were never credible to begin with. It’s never suggested that he died - quite the opposite, in fact, and there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be able to leave the Distortion World whenever he so chooses. We did exactly that, twice.

Jeez it's so early. May or may not analyze these once I've had more sleep, and time to think about it.

My reaction to the english trailer honestly wasn't much. It didn't feel that hype to me. Yes, it's cool that it's confirmed now, Rainbow Rocket, with the return of all the Team Leaders. It's interesting that they use Maxie and Archie's old designs, implicating that they are from the older universe. It makes me wonder if that means Lysandre is different from the one we know. His design is no different though, so we have yet to tell. I prefered Archie and Maxie's ORAS designs way more though , so it's just a little sad seeing them go back, but whatever.

It's cool we can encounter all the legendaries, like in ORAS, but honestly I think the english trailer spent too much time focusing on it. Like half the trailer was about it. That's why I felt kind of underwhelmed in the end.

Totem stickers and auras are a cool feature though, and having Totem sized Pokemon is pretty cool. The new battle facility looks decent as well, but I've never been one much for battle facilities, so I don't care much if we have a new one or not.

But then I saw the Japanese trailers, and the hype was already back up. I feel like it was handled a lot better, sprucing the new info with the old, and showing us a couple more cutscenes we hadn't seen from the game yet. Hau hiding behind Lillie was absolutely adorable. Just the little bits,

I just hope that these games have more to offer us than what we've seen. New Alolan forms have been a big want for me, since the announcement of USUM, and I know they have for a lot of people. Yes, I think it would be awesome if they were just revealed in game as a surprise, but the wait for them has killed me, and with the possibility there won't even be any, just kind of saddens me a little. But it is nice being kept in the dark on some things.

Back
Top Bottom