• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

User Page Wiki

ZedeFire

A Garchomp that comes from Motostoke
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I don't know if this is the correct section. If not, please move this discussion to the correct one.
I have a problem: when I try to modify my user page on Bulbapedia, it says me that the page is not changeable to protect it from vandalism. I don't know why, it's my user page! Can you help me?

Users are only able to create a userpage once they've been autoconfirmed. Once you've made sufficient edits to regular pages on the wiki, your ability to edit your userpage will unlock.

This is something we had to do because the very first thing spam accounts attempt to do when they register is to create a user page linking to some scam or malware.

Users are only able to create a userpage once they've been autoconfirmed. Once you've made sufficient edits to regular pages on the wiki, your ability to edit your userpage will unlock.

This is something we had to do because the very first thing spam accounts attempt to do when they register is to create a user page linking to some scam or malware.
Thanks. I don't find pages to edit, because they are all completed.

I'm going to piggy-back this thread - I started making some edits to the Pokémon Playing Cards page today, and my user page was auto-created.

My question is - approximately how log will it take for my user page to be unlocked so i can make posts/edits?

TIA!
Brian

We avoid giving out the exact period of time and number of edits to avoid bots and spammers figuring out the exact values. Having said that, If you're making a good number of substantive edits (the system will filter things out if people try to make a lot of tiny edits repeatedly), then typically it'll be unlocked within a few days.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom