• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Using GameShark to clone Pokémon

PS3D

Reaction score
So I was playing Pokémon Yellow (even though I've never played it all the way through) and even recently bought an old-school GameShark at the used video game store to get Surf on Pikachu (I feel a little guilty that I did it so early in the game). I've got a decent team with Pikachu (Lv19), Mankey (Lv15), Pidgey (Lv10), Butterfree (Lv11), Geodude (Lv17), and Paras (Lv13). I've just beat Misty and working my way through Nugget Bridge.

My ultimate goal is to catch enough of the original Pokémon (all that I can) to be able to transfer to Gold, so I can finish the set and play Gold again. Now, I'm wondering if there's a way to copy my collection of hard earned (and not so hard earned...I fully intend to get Mew with a GameShark) Pokémon to send over to Gold without giving up what's on the Yellow cartridge. I don't think the "clone" trick works with the Time Capsule, and I'm wondering if there is a way in GameShark to make clones of my existing Pokémon. Other than that, I'll have to use the old Link Cable cloning technique, but I'll have to use my old Red cartridge to make that work (as a stop-gap to get to the Gold).

Any suggestions?

GameFAQs said:
010147DA
- Clone pokemon.
There are many ways to clone pokemon, with or without a GameShark. Of the
known GameShark methods, I present here the one that seems to involve the
least hassle.
- Deposit the pokemon you wish to clone into the daycare center, then turn on
the GS switch to enable this code and you can repeatedly pick up clones of
the pokemon from the daycare

I don't know if it works from personal experience, but this is what Google turned up.

Cloning each individual Pokémon sounds like a lot of trouble... especially if the only reason is to transfer them to Gold for the Pokédex (unless you actually want the Pokémon). You'd be better off just using the GameShark directly to re-catch a second of each (or just catch a ton of Pidgeys and use the GameShark to turn them into different Pokémon). Or just do that directly in Gold and you wouldn't even need to go through the trading process. Also, if you haven't done so already you're going to need to change the battery in your Gold (which will delete your save file), if you don't your game is going to die and not let you save anymore (which if it hasn't happened yet, you're really lucky... most Gold Versions have died by now).

Pikachu with Surf is awesome... I had an idea to teach my Pikachu Surf before challenging Brock and then just using it to beat him. But I don't use GameShark and I never was able to beat Pokémon Stadium II. One of these days I'm going to beat Pokémon Stadium II and get Surf on my Pikachu so that I'd be able to try out that mini-game, lol

I'm probably not gonna bother with some of the "trash" Pokémon, but I am going to take with me my star Pokémon with me, like my Legendary Birds which I have yet to catch.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom