• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Using the Dowsing Machine

Qwlfish

Blzk
Reaction score
Do you usually use the Dowsing Machine when playing the games. I usually forget and it's only when I'm in an area where I know that there's an item that I use it

I usually have it on, and actually use it a lot. I've found items when I thought there wouldn't be items. (recently, sky plate in front of pokemon league in platinum:ching:)

I don't like the dowsing machine.

With the itemfinder I would frequently press select for it, so I wouldn't miss where something was.

With this I have to actually bring up a menu and do something in it, which is much more of a bother than just pressing a button. It's easier for when there's something and has higher range, sure, but most of the time there's nothing and you have to bring it back up after a pokemon encounter.

Re: Using the Dowsing Machine/Itemfinder

Interesting response. I changed the title to reflect the views of the itemfinder users as well.

Yep, especially the HGSS one. That I can use while running. It's the best one yet.

I don't use it unless I for some reason figure that I shall go out and search for something somewhere, like the no-grass area on route 217.

I use it almost everywhere I go xD

It's more convenient than the itemfinder tbh.

Well, technically speaking, it's just a new version of the Itemfinder, since the Itemfinder has always been called the Dowsing Machine in the Japanese versions. It'll be interesting to find out weather or not they'll change it back to Itemfinder for the NA versions of BW.

Anyways, pre-HGSS, I hardly ever used the thing, but this new system that they have is just full of awesome. I think I've used it more in SS in the month and a half since the game came out than I have in every other game combined over the last 14 years.

For some reason, I like D/P/Pt's Dowsing Machine better than the HG/SS one. It feels easier for me to use the D/P/Pt version than the HG/SS version.

Sometimes I'll go back to different routes and walk around using the dowsing machine to see what ill find.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom