• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia USM Ubers Mafia endgame (Town and Genesect victory)

Sometimes, but rarely. Often, it's a result of completing a specific role-related goal and losing their original role ability if they don't automatically win. Survivor in general seems to be a rare role here.
Oh all right. Do they usually claim on D1 to align themselves with the town and prevent the Mafia from killing them when they're non-hostile? We haven't had one so far.

bulba is comfortably my second strongest town read.
We've had a cop, an insanifier (that was an odd game), a survivor, a serial killer who only had to kill specific targets, a more general serial killer, a neighborizer, a doctor, a jester, a cult leader...

Basically, it's all over the map. Pretty much any role short of Godfather, in my experience.

Sometimes, but rarely. Often, it's a result of completing a specific role-related goal and losing their original role ability if they don't automatically win. Survivor in general seems to be a rare role here.
What’s a neighborizer? Also a lot of these look like typical town roles. How do those function as independents?

I missed those :confused:

I guess he can be referring to that, and it would make some sense.

You should there's something fishy going on there, I've been very at unease reading his posts while catching up lol.
I’ll look into it and it’ll be groovy if @bulba account could address your issues.

I’ll look into it and it’ll be groovy if @bulba account could address your issues.
These posts came before he actually voted Eeve and I believe no one else voted him at the time. Althought you and Jay might have been grilling him at the time which would make him think that you'd vote there.
In the world where eeveeis scum Calvin Feels an awful lot like a partner now that I'm caught up
don't see a point in addressing Calvin yet but is worth looking into if eevee does in fact flip scum
His reaction to the miller claim is exaggerated. Feels like he was beating a dead horse lol. He bad.

I don’t read bulba’s actions the same aay you do, nova. I don’t mean to keep defending him, but I don’f agree with your reactions to him. I thought his reaction to Aussie’s claim looked like he genuinely regarded it as a slip. It did not look like a coordinated teammate response to me at all.

I don’t read bulba’s actions the same aay you do, nova. I don’t mean to keep defending him, but I don’f agree with your reactions to him. I thought his reaction to Aussie’s claim looked like he genuinely regarded it as a slip. It did not look like a coordinated teammate response to me at all.
I'll put more work into it. I feel like his handling of his suspicions of Aussie and the reaction to the claim makes it an orchestrated buss. Like how he was already looking for teammates when he hadn't voted for Aussie yet, let alone seen him flip.
So like a non-threatening cult?
Not necessarily. The role isn't alignment indicative, Civilian neighborizer is a thing if not the most common version of the role.

Night 1 end, Day 2 start
  1. @JaggedJimmyJay
  2. @Sloonei
  3. @Ereshkigal
  4. @Max1996
  5. @novaselinenever
  6. @speedchuck
  7. @DekuNut
  8. @TheCapsFan
  9. @bulba account
  10. @Dale
  11. @Spiritual Mask Salesman
  12. @Calvin ッ
After that eventful day, the Ubers metagame prepared for the chaos about to ensue. To everybody's surprise, though, nothing major happened...

Nobody has died.

Sloonei has been silenced! He cannot post in-thread or communicate in any other way (including with signature, likes, etc) during Day 2 or he will be modkilled. If there are any questions, ask me privately.

Day 2 has begun and ends in 48 hours.

@ReturnofMCH has subbed in for Max1996!

Vote: Calvin

I don't know how to do that symbol at the end of your name on an American keyboard. But, basically, my reasons are those already stated.

Oh all right. Do they usually claim on D1 to align themselves with the town and prevent the Mafia from killing them when they're non-hostile? We haven't had one so far.

Usually? No. They usually claim D2 or later.

Also a lot of these look like typical town roles. How do those function as independents?

Like Town, only they're not aligned with Town. It really depends on their wincon and the game's design.

Er, wrong person...

Unvote: Calvin
Vote: TheCapsFan

Sorry. I was just wondering if Calvin is the one who silenced Sloonei, since Sloonei visited Calvin last night. I might have intentionally left out that I'm also Tracker. I also wonder what Sloonei's unspoken role is.

Sorry. I was just wondering if Calvin is the one who silenced Sloonei, since Sloonei visited Calvin last night. I might have intentionally left out that I'm also Tracker. I also wonder what Sloonei's unspoken role is.
That is a highly unlikely scenario. Why would you claim your role without it being a necessity and without having any conclusive information? Is this a common practice on Bulba?
Er, wrong person...

Unvote: Calvin
Vote: TheCapsFan
What do you have on Caps?

Hi there
I thank sloonei for defending me while my phone was dead

essentially, if you think I threw my mate under the bus day one when there are many suitable alternatives to bussing... especially in a role madness game where I likely will be found out mechanically at some point, then you are not thinking about good mafia play.

Note that many people were town reading me before the result of the flip and as such it would not have been necessary if my goal was to be town read.

This is all I will say at this point, it isn't worth defending myself further.

Right now I would like to establish a method for communicating with sloonei.

Silencers typically still allow you to vote, so sloonei can answer in "blinks" to yes or no questions by unvotingand revoting when necessary. It does tend to clog the thread however so we should not abuse it.

My first question would be this:

How did sloonei visit Calvin when he claimed to be miller?

Why did nova consider this information to be irrelevant?

Both questions are disconcerting in their own right

That is a highly unlikely scenario. Why would you claim your role without it being a necessity and without having any conclusive information? Is this a common practice on Bulba?

Because I would need to justify how I knew this information. And while it is unlikely, it's still information that raises a question Calvin needs to answer about their role.

What do you have on Caps?

Nothing new from what I stated back when I put Caps at the top of my list.

My first question would be this:

How did sloonei visit Calvin when he claimed to be miller?

The same way I'm both Restless Spirit and Tracker: Sloonei has multiple roles. My guess, given the Miller designation, is that it's a role like Town Visitor that isn't important to lose, but still allows some creativity in how Sloonei works to try to catch Mafia. Only, I don't think Sloonei expected to be silenced or for me to use the information of the visit to potentially aid Town.

Why did nova consider this information to be irrelevant?

Nova probably has some information about who is a power role and who isn't. Therefore, them considering it irrelevant likely supports my idea that Sloonei's role is more of a decoy role.

Basically, I suspect there was a plan in place and it just got hit by two monkey wrenches.

well SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Hey! No trolling Mafia threads without a license! The Mafia Troll Union will not stand for unlicensed trolling! That's a fifty catgif fine!

Splendid! @ReturnofMCH have you read through the game yet? What are your thoughts on the current situation. Reads / whatever.

@Sloonei I apologise for this, but I can not see where AE defended Max (Now MCH). I was sure they did but I can safely say they haven't. Although you cannot respond, I am almost certain I know your role too, due to Eresh's claim. If it is what I think, it's obvious why you claimed miller.

@Ereshkigal Not disagreeing with you being the tracker, I would like to know what made you go for Sloonei though, over the people that others found sus. (Myself, Max, Caps, etc)

I've also told Oricorio that for Sunday I will be busy for most of the day, I have a yearly tradition with friends, and honestly without being rude, that takes priority over the forum mafia games if I'm honest with you all.

I don't think I have played any games with a silencer in them, is the norm for it to be a nightly ability, or one shot?

Silencer is extremely bastard, usually one shot

especially if host is a jerk and does not allow blinking

Back
Top Bottom