• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

Or it’s the first mythical/Dex entry for Gen VIII like Victini
Why would a Gen VIII Pokemon be in USUM? If it appears in Gen VII, it's a Gen VII mon.

And based on the Pokedex for USUM, the new mythical has a spot in the dex.

And Darkrai does not appear in any Pokedex and it's considered a Gen IV mon.

Why would a Gen VIII Pokemon be in USUM? If it appears in Gen VII, it's a Gen VII mon.

And based on the Pokedex for USUM, the new mythical has a spot in the dex.

And Darkrai does not appear in any Pokedex and it's considered a Gen IV mon.

*shrug*

I had similar thoughts about Zeraora. I enjoy it's design, but nothing about it notates that it should even be a legendary Pokemon, much less have mythical status. It looks like it should have a pre-evolution.

It better have one helluva lore to get that mythical status.

Edit: Furthwr research leads me to believe it may be based on a bakeneko. What is its Pokedex entry?

I had similar thoughts about Zeraora. I enjoy it's design, but nothing about it notates that it should even be a legendary Pokemon, much less have mythical status. It looks like it should have a pre-evolution.

It better have one helluva lore to get that mythical status.

Edit: Furthwr research leads me to believe it may be based on a bakeneko. What is its Pokedex entry?
What’s a bakeneko?

Ultra beasts better not be shiny locked this time; I've got my eyes on that shiny UB burst.

If you're like me and don't really play competitive pokemon but like varied movesets, then you'll be happy to know that it seems that gamefreak is going to slowly rollout old exclusive movesets.

so zigzagoon will now have extreme speed as an egg move so there's no need to transfer one from the Gen 3 or Gen 6 games. (FYI Linoone can learn throat chop so I think I'll try Extreme Speed, Throat Chop/Shadow Claw, Seed Bomb, Belly Drum if possible) Also, cubone now has curse as an egg move so no need to transfer one from the Gen 2 games.

General comments...

Where do I start? Where do I begin?

1. Throat Chop is actually available from move tutor - wow. I suspect it'll definitely find a niche spot in many Dark-type Pokémon movesets to shut down all those Hyper Voice users that will also no doubt be making a comeback thanks to move tutor.

2. My favorite starter is getting Heavy Slam as a new Egg Move - heck to the yeah! And Grotle is obtainable via Island Scan, so even if the "Gym Simulator" rumors turn out to be false, I am definitely getting a Heavy Slam Torterra to put into Pokemon Bank for when a custom Gym feature does get implemented.

3. Kommo-o should be MUCH more useable on teams in USUM - in addition to that insane new Z-Move, I'm really glad that it not only is getting Close Combat, but also Drain Punch (via move tutor).

4. Ever since it was confirmed in a trailer, I was curious at to what Mina's Trial would end up being, so I couldn't help but take a peek at the story text to find out. I won't spoil her Trial for you guys, but I will say that a) it is definitely not at all what I was expecting it would be, and b) WHY is her Totem Pokémon not Comfey, the Posy Picker Pokémon???

5. No new Megas or Alolan Forms is a pretty big disappointment, but oh well...

6. No Togekiss line in the new Alola Pokedex - dang it, I was hoping we'd get a Togepi Egg from the Day Care this time around...

And that's about it for now. I'm sure I'll think of more things, and post them when I do.

Can't wait for November 17th...and I was one of those who was initially skeptical!

who in their right mind puts basculin in a regional pokedex over stunfisk? Who even likes basculin? Fisky would have fit so well in alola.... >//>;;

I'm disappointed to see certain pokemon I really like didn't get a buff of any sort, since some of them could really use it. Like minior, swalot and aforementioned fisk. Oh well. On the bright side, sticky web araquanid, defog hydreigon, power whip tsareena, strength sap vileplume, superpower lurantis, iron tail lycanroc-midnight, throat chop/knock off faticate, liquidation sharpedo, liquidation kingler, etc are all additions that make me rather happy.

ub-adhesive's evo isn't bad....but at the same time, I'd still rather adhesive not evolve. It's so cute as it is. The new electric legendary looks stupid, it's just a cat lucario. Cats should never be shamed by being forced to look like lucario. That's a shame no cute animal should have to endure. The necrozma form doesn't impress either. Eugh.

no new alolan forms was a disappointment too

Last edited:
Totem-sized Pokemon? No, they don't. They don't even have stat differences either. The Totems? Yeah, they do.
Well, that's super disappointing. Can they at least have their HA? I really would like a Contrary Totem Lurantis.

Going through the Egg Moves again, a lot of the later starters get a nifty new addition:
~Froakie, Chimchar and Chespin all get Power Up Punch (notable since it is no longer a TM)
~Fennekin gets Psychic Terrain (yay but...I wanted another damaging move...)
~Turtwig gets Heavy Slam
~Tepig gets Burn Up
~Piplup gets Power Trip
~Oshawott gets Sacred Sword (finally! Super fitting too! If only it learned this in Gen 5 T_T )

For some reason, they didn't give the Snivy line a new Egg Move while all of Gen 4, 6 and most of Gen 5's starters did...

Also, like @PartTimePokemonMaster said, Zigzagoon now gets Extreme Speed. That's pretty notable. And for all the Togedemaru lovers out there, it now gets Iron Head and Iron Tail through tutoring, so it can properly utilize its Steel STAB (look out, Tapus).

I'm pretty satisfied with all the move changes and new Pokemon additions. Is there always room for improvement? Definitely (why don't Tapu Koko and Bulu get Play Rough? :/ ). But I am super stoked about next Friday. The fact that it releases on my birthday and when Justice League comes out makes it all the better :D

I was a person who was VERY skeptical of these games. But like most new pokemon and designs they grow on me quick. I will admit though after enjoying these new additions GF looks to be out of touch with their franchise. Gen 7 is going to be remembered as that awkward generation along with gen 6 as GF trying new things in preparation for gen 8 on switch. I swear if the switch game DOES release in 2018 it's going to be more of an empty shell than sun and moon were. But hey, at least the region looks nice as they kept throwing idea darts and tried to make it work.

I was a person who was VERY skeptical of these games. But like most new pokemon and designs they grow on me quick. I will admit though after enjoying these new additions GF looks to be out of touch with their franchise. Gen 7 is going to be remembered as that awkward generation along with gen 6 as GF trying new things in preparation for gen 8 on switch. I swear if the switch game DOES release in 2018 it's going to be more of an empty shell than sun and moon were. But hey, at least the region looks nice as they kept throwing idea darts and tried to make it work.

Is it too soon to talk about this?

It might be...but I have a feeling it's going to come up anyways so why not.

US/UM really do feel so far like they might have been some sort of idea lab for future games. And I don't really think that's a bad thing. Almost all creative mediums require the artist to practice and experiment in order to improve. I can see those experimental sort of idea's in what I've seen so far in these games. But I see a lot of people here and elsewhere reacting negatively to what their seeing here but not only do I like what I see so far but I want to encourage Game Freak to try different things so the next games will be even better.

But that's just my two cents....

Any info on whether or not the cutscene for getting your starter is shorter? Did they give shiny hunters a break? :p

Back
Top Bottom