• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

Anyone know if that Fossil Park thing in Akala will have any relevance?? I see the Kanto, Hoenn, and Kalos fossil PKMN are all present in the Dex now... Would be cool to catch them in Apricorn balls, as all starters but this Gens cann now be caught in those balls. Also, any word on Gen VII starters being available for capture, or with HA???

They were already available before Acerola's Trial in SM. You could find them in the grass on the western edge of Tapu Village.

Ah, I didn't know that. I've never seen them there, so I assumed they were exclusive to Mt. Lanakila.

I've only read half of this thread so far but wowwww a lot of people appear to be super disappointed with the datamine, even though they have nothing to add to the discussion apart from their informed opinion, which I respect nonetheless. However, I still personally encourage you to buy the game and see for yourself, you may end up doing that anyway, we have a while 'til the main series switch release..

But me, myself I've loved everything I've seen so far with this datamine (I've been trying to avoid story content ect).
I feel I got over no new alolan forms a while ago, but I'm content and satisfied with the new UBs and forms.

OMGGGG Zeraora is AWESOME. I've always wanted a pure electric mythical, hence my nickname and love for electric types ahaa.
I like Poipole's evo but like everyone else is saying I can see the resemblance to Mega Beedril, doesn't mean I'm still not loving it though.

In all honesty though, and regardless of me being a tiny bit disappointed about no new alolan forms, I am happy with how this game has come to be, and I can't wait to indulge myself!!

Last edited:
Jangmo in available in Vast Poni Canyon. It is in a clearing found by going inside a secret tunnel. And it still has a rare encounter rate. Sun and Moon in general had weird encounters.

Also Mantine Surf gives you points needed for Move Tutors. As to where it is, I would like to know as well.
I know jangmo-o is available in vadt poni canyon- i’ve just never seen one, even when i was looking for it.

However, I still personally encourage you to buy the game and see for yourself, you may end up doing that anyway, we have a while 'til the main series switch release..

Are you serious? Why should I spend $40 on something I'm not excited about? I don't need a new Pokemon game every single year and not all of us are interested in pissing money away on games we're not excited about.

Well, once pokemon goes on switch after this there should be no excuse for "third versions" anymore. Nobody is going to buy 60 dollars+whatever other charge the switch comes with. All that for a few extra forms?

Actually what's funny is if pokken is anything to go by they may try that anyway for the main series. So please don't mention the switch to say "hey but bright futures are ahead for the franchise" when really it'll be just "wow such great graphics 4k" and we will have to deal with worse bs.

Well, once pokemon goes on switch after this there should be no excuse for "third versions" anymore. Nobody is going to buy 60 dollars+whatever other charge the switch comes with.
There was no excuse for that now given what Fire Emblem's achieved re: DLC on the 3DS

In SM it works exactly the same as Gen 6, so it'll definitely work the same way here.
I need to remind myself to reset my 3DS region for when I start this game.

Wow theres a lot of story spoilers in here despite it not being the story spoiler thread.

Like Giovanni's motivation, the story reason for Z Moves, the ending for the Aether family, and a certain returning character from SM getting involved with a new returning character.

Last edited:
Just found out that Riolu gets Meteor Mash as an Egg Move now. Those Mega Lucario Adaptability Meteor Mashes will hurt and be much more consistent than Iron Tail.
I forgot Lucario doesn't learn Iron Head and almost passed this over. I guess there's an excuse to re-breed my Lucario (but I need a female...)

Anyone know if that Fossil Park thing in Akala will have any relevance?? I see the Kanto, Hoenn, and Kalos fossil PKMN are all present in the Dex now... Would be cool to catch them in Apricorn balls, as all starters but this Gens cann now be caught in those balls. Also, any word on Gen VII starters being available for capture, or with HA???

Couldn't find any of the fossil Pokémon in the encounter tables, so I'm afraid not. Reading in the story texts, it seems the Fossil Park is no different from SuMo, just a place where you can resurrect fossils and a guy talking about making a park someday :(

You can buy the fossils in Konikoni, still only one per person though and they're all version exclusive.

Reading in the story texts, it seems the Fossil Park is no different from SuMo, just a place where you can resurrect fossils and a guy talking about making a park someday :(
There goes the Pokéjurassic Park dream. It really could've been an innovative area imo, or gen 7's safari zone.

However, I still personally encourage you to buy the game and see for yourself, you may end up doing that anyway, we have a while 'til the main series switch release..
But I have other games to play. I'm buying US to register the UBs and Zeraora to my bank, personally :p

Last edited:
There goes the Pokéjurassic Park dream. It really could've been an innovative area imo, or gen 7's safari zone.

I am really disappointed that this didn't happen, it was one of the things I was looking forward to the most, cause it just seemed silly to not actually make this happen based on what the guy is saying :/ Same goes for not making the golf course and all available for exploration, so many opportunities not used, it's a huge shame.

We have some confirmed pokemon encounters from the Ultra wormhole minigame:

Altaria
Yanmega
Sigilyph
Swanna
Swellow
Drapion
Audino
Heliolisk
Nuzleaf
Grumpig
Abomasnow
Medicham
Hippowdon
Crustle
Magcargo
Barbaracle
Lombre
Stunfisk
Floatzel
Quagsire

This list makes me sad, cause there's so many mons on it I would've liked to be available during the main story :( I was so excited to hear we were getting new mons added since I was very disappointed with the Alola dex, but...now I'm still disappointed with the dex and it still took me ages to make a team lol. Somehow all the additions just were the wrong onessss.

I've heard there's an increased shiny chance when traveling through the wormholes though? That would be pretty cool :D

Also I read here that you can pay Move Tutors by playing the Mantine Surf mini game and that would make me happy too. I prefer a minigame over watching myself fail at the Battle Tree over and over again ^^;

Added new customization options to the OP!

This was something I was looking forward to :D

What I love:
- The new hair options, it's gonna be hard to pick a style this time
- Lurantis outfit! <3

What I absolutely depise:
- The boys getting a karate outfit while the girls get a....nurse Joy outfit. Seriously GF? Can you please stop with the stupid gender roles at some point? I would love a karate outfit damnit :/
- No Rainbow Rocket outfit :(

Back
Top Bottom