• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

No wonder the game information was already leaked on March 28.... Considering the ammount of laziness was put into this games I bet USUM were ready for release by May if not before... I finished the game... the changes are so minor to be honest... There are some new cool features... but they are like for... 1-2 hours?

I've heard there's an increased shiny chance when traveling through the wormholes though? That would be pretty cool :D

Also I read here that you can pay Move Tutors by playing the Mantine Surf mini game and that would make me happy too. I prefer a minigame over watching myself fail at the Battle Tree over and over again ^^;
It's not increased, it's 100% if u go through the shiny wormhole. It appears from time to time if u are good at ultrawormhole minigame. Basicly, all of these mons are very easy to get in shiny version right now.

Btw, Mantine surf is one of the best features that were added this games. I really enjoyed it, it's so relaxing and u are getting moves in return. I was really surprised that just by moving to akala through surf I was able to learn my hawlucha fire punch and pikachu shockwave.
P.S. hawlucha is the beast, i literary swept through the game with him xD

It's not increased, it's 100% if u go through the shiny wormhole. It appears from time to time if u are good at ultrawormhole minigame. Basicly, all of these mons are very easy to get in shiny version right now.

100% shiny chance as reward for being good at a minigame? Hell yes, best feature.

Btw, Mantine surf is one of the best features that were added this games. I really enjoyed it, it's so relaxing and u are getting moves in return. I was really surprised that just by moving to akala through surf I was able to learn my hawlucha fire punch and pikachu shockwave.
P.S. hawlucha is the beast, i literary swept through the game with him xD

So you can get move tutors during the main story then? I assumed they would be locked to postgame again, but that sounds awesome :D Happy to know the game is fun too, it looked a bit boring imo but if it's relaxing it's a bonus.

Actually what's funny is if pokken is anything to go by they may try that anyway for the main series. So please don't mention the switch to say "hey but bright futures are ahead for the franchise" when really it'll be just "wow such great graphics 4k" and we will have to deal with worse bs.

There's a difference between this game and Pokken Tournament DX. Pokken Tournament was ported to another console with a bigger install base in hopes of catching an audience that didnt play the original. This game is reselling the same game to the same audience on the same hardware 1 year later. If the game flops Game Freak probably will change their approach to updated versions.

So you can get move tutors during the main story then? I assumed they would be locked to postgame again, but that sounds awesome :D Happy to know the game is fun too, it looked a bit boring imo but if it's relaxing it's a bonus.
Yea, the first time you face the move tutors is the moment u beat Hala. Mantine surf is not the thing that could be used anywhere, there're some specific beach spots, that allow you to use it. You can travel from island to island using mantine, getting BP in return (about 8 every time). I traveled like 10 times from akala to melemele and vice versa the moment I got this feature xD

Admittedly, from the leaks I got left with the impression that it's less than I'd like, but at the same time more than my minimal expectations. At the very least, I'll have fun with the RR battles.

Well, that's super disappointing. Can they at least have their HA? I really would like a Contrary Totem Lurantis.

Honestly no idea. I'm gonna guess no. I did hear that they have 3 maxed IVs.

Also I read here that you can pay Move Tutors by playing the Mantine Surf mini game and that would make me happy too. I prefer a minigame over watching myself fail at the Battle Tree over and over again ^^;

Speaking of. It was revealed that we can use level 100 Legendaries/Mythicals in the Normal Modes at the Battle Tree. Pretty much anything is allowed in those modes while the Super Modes still have the same restriction as past games.

Oh my god, I need that Ash's Alola cap. I'm guessing you get that for taking Cap Pikachu with you to the Valley of Pikachu.

I'm glad to see the Lycanroc & Houndoom shirts are still in, didn't know they existed before I got settled on a design in SM.

Do we know which Pokemon we can get Totem-sized? Is it all Pokemon that were Totems in SM and USUM, or is it just a select few?

I sure do hope we can get a totem araquanid

just imagine how many pokemon it could fit in its water bubble

btw, do we know naganadel's japanese name?

When sharing art, please share the name of the creator and a link to the source. If you can't find it (or if it's your own), then please say so :)
In this case it's made by this artist on Pixiv (source).

Since the datamine comes from an English game, I don't think it includes the Japanese names? Not sure though.

Last edited:
Wish we got more clothes, or at least proper fucking pants. The girls once again got the best options, too. We can't even have a full Team Skull cosplay because they didn't include pants or shoes, and we can't have a goo Balckbelt cosplay because none of the shoes look good with them. And we only get Ash's Alola cap?

Do we know which Pokemon we can get Totem-sized? Is it all Pokemon that were Totems in SM and USUM, or is it just a select few?
I think it's all of them except Wishiwashi. I've seen people with Totems Kommo-o, Mimikyu, Togedemaru, Lurantus, Salazzle, Gumshoos, Raticate and Marowak. That just leaves Ribombee and Araquanid, but it'd be weird to leave them out.

I think it's all of them except Wishiwashi. I've seen people with Totems Kommo-o, Mimikyu, Togedemaru, Lurantus, Salazzle, Gumshoos, Raticate and Marowak. That just leaves Ribombee and Araquanid, but it'd be weird to leave them out.

Also Vikavolt, I think? It seems like it should be all of them which is good at least.

I was looking it up actually. Araquanid confirmed, Vikavolt not mentioned - could be a version-exclusive?

There's a difference between this game and Pokken Tournament DX. Pokken Tournament was ported to another console with a bigger install base in hopes of catching an audience that didnt play the original. This game is reselling the same game to the same audience on the same hardware 1 year later. If the game flops Game Freak probably will change their approach to updated versions.

But it's essentially reselling the games for 60 dollars for stuff that wasn't in the Wii u version. Ring any bells?

I was looking it up actually. Araquanid confirmed, Vikavolt not mentioned - could be a version-exclusive?

Ooo could be. Are Raticate and Gumshoos exclusive? I know Lurantis and Salazzle are.

But it's essentially reselling the games for 60 dollars for stuff that wasn't in the Wii u version. Ring any bells?

They really should've given a discount to those that purchased that Wii U version(deemed that they linked their Switc hand Wii U accounts together), same with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

However, USUM have enough added stuff to make it extremely different than their predecessors.

Ooo could be. Are Raticate and Gumshoos exclusive?

That's what I've read, at least. Gumshoos in US, Raticate in UM

Reactions: Zeb
Back
Top Bottom