• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.
  • Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here:

SPOILERS: USUM Datamine Discussion

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
Do we know yet if Porygon is still a post-game gift, or did they shift it to before the Elite Four? It seems from the text files that we still receive it from the same employee in the Aether House, but it would be nice if they let us obtain it sooner.

Reaction score
So for those of you wondering about the rumored "Gym Simulator"...

It seems like it's going to be called the "Kantonian Gym", and from what I can tell looking at the text, all it entails is taking on a mock-up Gym from Kanto with a makeshift leader. The Trainers seem to be either fixed NPCs or randomly generated like the Battle Buffet. I'm not sure if you can scan a QR Code to battle another player's team as the "Leader" at the end, but from what I can tell probably not or they would've announced it in a trailer, and instead it's just another Kanto shout-out/way to gain experience post-game.

And the reason Ryuiki is there because he wanted to challenge this "Kantonian Gym" to see how Alola's take on it compares to the real thing in his home region.

Reaction score
Please tell me we get Apricorn Balls in larger quantities this time around??
Honestly, I hope not. It makes Wonder Trades way more exciting, and gives some sort of challenge. I have 5 shiny apricorn mon, and they were a pain to get. But worth it.

ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ ᴀᴄǫᴜɪʀᴇᴅ
Reaction score
Yea, the first time you face the move tutors is the moment u beat Hala. Mantine surf is not the thing that could be used anywhere, there're some specific beach spots, that allow you to use it. You can travel from island to island using mantine, getting BP in return (about 8 every time). I traveled like 10 times from akala to melemele and vice versa the moment I got this feature xD
Oh that's wonderful you have access to them rather early in the game! 8 BP per run seems appropriate too. Thank you Game Freak for doing something right. I also really like the Mantine theme, so I can definitely see myself spending time accumulating BP before I continue with the plot and such. Much better than slugging away at the Battle Tree or digging for shards.

Would you be able to tell us how much moves cost? Are they the same prices from ORAS?

Super Power Lurantis, Knock Off Toxapex, Dragon Pulse Serperior, Drain Punch Hawlucha, Drill Run Lycanroc, here I come :D

Laid to Wake
Reaction score

It seems like it's going to be called the "Kantonian Gym", and from what I can tell looking at the text, all it entails is taking on a mock-up Gym from Kanto with a makeshift leader. The Trainers seem to be either fixed NPCs or randomly generated like the Battle Buffet. I'm not sure if you can scan a QR Code to battle another player's team as the "Leader" at the end, but from what I can tell probably not or they would've announced it in a trailer, and instead it's just another Kanto shout-out/way to gain experience post-game.

And the reason Ryuiki is there because he wanted to challenge this "Kantonian Gym" to see how Alola's take on it compares to the real thing in his home region.
I have seen some people reporting that you can eventually rematch some of the Trial Captains there as well.

Princess of Love
Reaction score
I just remembered that with the Tutor moves coming back I'll finally be able to use my G6 event Zygarde with Zen headbutt that I gave Power construct to on Showdown finally.. they've had it wrong since SUMO came out and they'll likely have it right for once..

at least there's more room to get Experience.. I'm having issues with lower FC.. that being said.. are the new missions (minus the mantine one) for USUM able to be done on SUMO as well or no? and it seems like GF learned their lesson the this time lol They're starting the event right at release..

Reaction score

Do we actually face ryukki in a gym or trial like setting?

Princess of Power
Reaction score
What I absolutely depise:
- The boys getting a karate outfit while the girls get a....nurse Joy outfit. Seriously GF? Can you please stop with the stupid gender roles at some point? I would love a karate outfit damnit :/
You're. Kidding.

Now, I was getting kinda hype over the idea of rocking a gi since Sawk happens to be a favorite of mine. And now I find out that this ain't gonna happen. GF, for the love of all that is holy and good, please stop this crap! They are clothes, for Primus' sake. Slag the stupid binary gender roles for once! :mad:

Other than that, I'm liking what I see. Can't wait to pick up and play the games! (I'm gonna have to get both; that's the only way to get all the Legends in one blasted sitting...)

Reaction score
Don't want to read the rest of the spoilers I just want to know before I waste my time in it, are the legendrys shiny locked? Please quote me so I see your answer