• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

Don't want to read the rest of the spoilers I just want to know before I waste my time in it, are the legendrys shiny locked? Please quote me so I see your answer
Necrozma, Solgaleo, Lunala, and the Tapus are locked, but the UBs and other legends aren't.

Are you serious? Why should I spend $40 on something I'm not excited about? I don't need a new Pokemon game every single year and not all of us are interested in pissing money away on games we're not excited about.

That's fine. I guess I'm just talking from my perspective as a longtime fan, like I expect a lot from them in general with new releases, but I also understand the direction of these games. I also understand fans not wanting to spend a lot on what just seems like another standard 3rd version to them.

If it is simply because of no new alolan forms and a maybe more different base storyline than what we've seen so far, I respect that too.

They just built on Alola and felt it had more to offer, and as someone who pushed and pushed for a Z version after ORAS, I can say I'm glad they went with SM in stead, it was responible for the release timelime imo. USUM is a nice touch to end the DS/3DS generation, as it seems from the datamine. The Switch game is a while off, and it will still be interesting to see how they switch (no pun intended lol) to just having one screen again and no touch for certain features on a separate screen ect.

But I'm curious, what specifically from this datamine has you not interested at all?

I haven't seen anything on it, unfortunately. But I'm guessing it could be, since ProjectPokemon only lists the Alola legends specifically.

That would be dope but from reading the text apparently you the zygarde quest os not present here in USUM and what would happen is you'll catch a 50% zygarde from the ultra wormhole and sina & dexio will give you a 10% zygarde and a zygarde cube with 40 cells in it.

So my question is if you happen to get one shiny and the other is not how could you get a 100% shiny zygarde?

I love Mina's trial just curios who will be the one taking Acerola's spot in this trial lol

But it's essentially reselling the games for 60 dollars for stuff that wasn't in the Wii u version. Ring any bells?

Yes, but the distinction makes a difference. Ports aren't just for the people that bought the original games, and they don't happen as frequently as third versions do. They're primarily made in situations where the developer feels there's enough of an audience that didn't get the opportunity to play the game on its original console. Third versions, on the other hand, are not selling to a new audience, they're trying to milk more money out of the people who bought the original. Game Freak would have no need to take this approach because there aren't going to be as many Switch owners that won't have played the 3DS.

Yes, but the distinction makes a difference. Ports aren't just for the people that bought the original games, and they don't happen as frequently as third versions do. They're primarily made in situations where the developer feels there's enough of an audience that didn't get the opportunity to play the game on its original console. Third versions, on the other hand, are not selling to a new audience, they're trying to milk more money out of the people who bought the original. Game Freak would have no need to take this approach because there aren't going to be as many Switch owners that won't have played the 3DS.
3rd versions are selling new audience

Your point makes little sense defending ports but 3rd versions are bad

The Wii u version of pokken had no dlc. Very little support. The took game and left to switch. People who bought Wii u to play it are screwed. That's just management.

It's hypocritical really to defend one not the other

Wait is magearna available in-game?

I can’t find the quote at the moment, but I recall it being said that it’s just the same QR Code deal as it was in SM. Magearna isn’t available in-game like, say, Deoxys was in ORAS, but it is received in-game from an NPC after scanning the QR Code, so it is still necessary to Shiny-lock it. Whereas with most other Mythical Pokémon, their Shininess (or lack thereof) is already predetermined when we download them through Mystery Gift.

okay, okay, so from reading these datamine we can in fact purchase Apricorn Balls later on and male PCs actually get a good outfit for a change in the form of the gi. This is actually good.

Now my question is can we change said Gi color? or better yet, is all the stuff that was stupidly version exclusive (Tree Partners, Dexio/Sina fight, clothing dye etc) still version exclusive?

okay, okay, so from reading these datamine we can in fact purchase Apricorn Balls later on

I’d still like to see some hard proof of this, personally. The relevant text in the story files makes the Apricorn Balls sound like a gift:

And look at you! That [VAR PKNAME(0000)] you’ve got with you... That tells me you like to delve into history and think about how things come to be. I’ve got a set of Poké Balls to give to a Trainer like you!
You received a set of Poké Balls that have been crafted from Apricorns!
Go on, and catch your favorite Pokémon in the balls you like best!

I’m not sure what the Pokémon variable is supposed to be there. Maybe he gives them to you for showing him a Pokémon from the Gold & Silver VCs? That would makes sense in terms of his comment about “delving into history.”

I’d still like to see some hard proof of this, personally. The relevant text in the story files makes the Apricorn Balls sound like a gift:

And look at you! That [VAR PKNAME(0000)] you’ve got with you... That tells me you like to delve into history and think about how things come to be. I’ve got a set of Poké Balls to give to a Trainer like you!
You received a set of Poké Balls that have been crafted from Apricorns!
Go on, and catch your favorite Pokémon in the balls you like best!

I’m not sure what the Pokémon variable is supposed to be there. Maybe he gives them to you for showing him a Pokémon from the Gold & Silver VCs? That would makes sense in terms of his comment about “delving into history.”

That's why I'm hoping the buy 'em and be done with it part is true because if the only means of getting more of those balls are from owning anything directly related to the GS VC is a low blow.

Celebi? *shrugs* After Gen VI there should be very few without one at this point. Actual tools I can use in-game and gain a nice aesthetic keeper when I breed in the future? Way different can of worms.

I've heard that we can purchase the Apricorn Balls in the building of GameFreak in Hea'hea City

Some more things:

- You can get a Surf Pikachu holding a Gold Battle Cap as a reward for being top surfer in all Mantine Surf spots.
- There's a little area of Mount Lanakila now available near Tapu Village, so Crabominable can be obtained earlier (not sure about Glaceon, it wasn't mentioned). Charjabug, Magneton and Nosepass can all evolve at Blush Mountain now too.
- The karate gi for male PC and nurse outfit for female PC are rewards for completing the Alola dex apparently. (I would assume Shiny Charm is still a thing too.)

Some more things:

- You can get a Surf Pikachu holding a Gold Battle Cap as a reward for being top surfer in all Mantine Surf spots.
- There's a little area of Mount Lanakila now available near Tapu Village, so Crabominable can be obtained earlier (not sure about Glaceon, it wasn't mentioned). Charjabug, Magneton and Nosepass can all evolve at Blush Mountain now too.
- The karate gi for male PC and nurse outfit for female PC are rewards for completing the Alola dex apparently. (I would assume Shiny Charm is still a thing too.)
Is Drampa available in that little area of Mount Lanakila?

Back
Top Bottom