• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

Is Drampa available in that little area of Mount Lanakila?

Looking at the encounter table it doesn't seem to be. The new area is level 30-33 and doesn't have Drampa listed - it's only in the level 47-51 areas.

Looking at the encounter table it doesn't seem to be. The new area is level 30-33 and doesn't have Drampa listed - it's only in the level 47-51 areas.
:C there goes my hopes of using it on my team.
Thank you!

Just found out that Riolu gets Meteor Mash as an Egg Move now. Those Mega Lucario Adaptability Meteor Mashes will hurt and be much more consistent than Iron Tail.[/
After initially being excited, i’ve come to realize that the only way you could get dacred sword on oshawott, or meteor mash on riolu, is to do that chain breeding thing with smeargle again. I was able to do that with togedemaru and twinneedle, but then i lost the game i did it in, and haven’t gotten around to trying it again. I wish GF wouldn’t make things so complicated.

I could try and breed an egg for you. I can put any egg move on it for you, too! If a specific gender or nature is needed; I can do that as well!
That's really kind of you! But there's no need, I'm also a breeder and i have the Alola Dex in my Moon game, but I'm weird about liking to capture the Pokémon I use on my teams during my run. I like to immerse myself in the game and pretend it's a real journey where I wouldn't have access to someone to give me whatever I want.
It's silly I know but that's how I enjoy it. I was hoping more of the rare Pokémon that appear in the end of the games like Drampa or Dhelmise would be available earlier but if they're not I rather not use them then.
I'm debating breeding an Alolan Meowth to use just because I want to try using Z-Assist on it to see what comes out, but I'm not even sure if I want to do that because that means I wouldn't capture the Meowth in my run.. Again, I know I'm weird.

But thank you for the kind offer! I really do appreciate it!!

That's really kind of you! But there's no need, I'm also a breeder and i have the Alola Dex in my Moon game, but I'm weird about liking to capture the Pokémon I use on my teams during my run. I like to immerse myself in the game and pretend it's a real journey where I wouldn't have access to someone to give me whatever I want.
It's silly I know but that's how I enjoy it. I was hoping more of the rare Pokémon that appear in the end of the games like Drampa or Dhelmise would be available earlier but if they're not I rather not use them then.
I'm debating breeding an Alolan Meowth to use just because I want to try using Z-Assist on it to see what comes out, but I'm not even sure if I want to do that because that means I wouldn't capture the Meowth in my run.. Again, I know I'm weird.

But thank you for the kind offer! I really do appreciate it!!
Oh. But that's alright! I hope you enjoy the game nonetheless.

But there's no need, I'm also a breeder and i have the Alola Dex in my Moon game, but I'm weird about liking to capture the Pokémon I use on my teams during my run. I like to immerse myself in the game and pretend it's a real journey where I wouldn't have access to someone to give me whatever I want.
It's silly I know but that's how I enjoy it.

Nah, not silly, same here. It feels wrong to send in Pokemon from another game. I don't like sending in eggs or anything like that either. I'm also disappointed that Pokemon like Drampa (and Kommo-O for that matter) are only available so late in the game, so I'll never be able to properly use them. And Dusk Lycanroc will be the first ever event Pokemon that I actually use. I usually don't even like using event mons, it feels unnatural for my journey, but since Dusk is exclusive to event (and one of the few additions in USUM worth caring about), I'll break my rule just this once.

So people are mad when we literally got new Pokemon (forms, beasts and a mythical), which has NEVER happened mid-gen before. But because there's no new Alolan forms and you've formed an opinion of the postgame already without playing through; you will not be purchasing.

I'm highly satisfied with this datamine, and I'm a person who likes seeing to believe, even if I was broke I'd wait til Christmas and still grab it. It's Pokemon. I could nitpick but it's not even worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So people are mad when we literally got new Pokemon (forms, beasts and a mythical), which has NEVER happened mid-gen before. But because there's no new Alolan forms and you've formed an opinion of the postgame already without playing through; you will not be purchasing lol.

Cool, don't come on here being salty and not giving input when we're all playing through then I'm highly satisfied with this datamine, and I'm a person who likes seeing to believe, even if I was broke I'd wait til Christmas and still grab it. It's Pokemon. I could nitpick but it's not even worth it.
Sure those are neat additions but not everybody has to like them or be satisfied with them. With B2W2 GameFreak set a bar which they still have to touch. ( Although this is their first attempt at a third version since ). It is natural for some to be disappointed.

It doesn't help that only one (line) of those new Pokemon isn't restricted to the post-game, and even then just barely. Plus, UBs simply lack universal appeal.

The new mythical should have been in SM to begin with.

Joly94 said:
I could nitpick but it's not even worth it.
Why not?

Last edited:
The less we "nitpick" the more we simply accept Gamefreak's laziness.

As for forming opinions before playing - I've learned plenty from people who have played the game. And they all agree it's basically a copy-paste of SM with maybe 2 hours worth of differences.

EDIT: Will I still play USUM? Yeah. Am I still disappointed in their shortcomings? Also yeah. But what can I say, I'm a sucker for Pokemon. But it has way more potential than Gamefreak uses.

Last edited:
I don't see it as laziness at all. I didn't see any new Pokemon besides forms in BW2 if I'm correct? and I love how people consistently use BW2 as a base for everyhing they want; go play BW2 then. This is USUM and I don't see how constantly using Gen 5 as the bar is neccessary, clearly I have a different view. Gen 5 was my least favourite generation and I never even bought BW2 until 6 months after release, I was in no rush.

For new beasts, forms and Pokemon in general, I shall be rushing this time. Yes, I was disappointed in no new alolan forms too, but I'm not boycotting the whole game for that simple fact and running back to BW2 for reference every post lol.

Edit: and if you're talking regards to story; SM DID the damn thing imo, waaay better than BW or BW2 did. Sure from what we've seen, its no adapted upon, but altered, THAT interests me. It's not slap-new-clothes-on-the-rival and give it a different name with new areas. It's alternated, a cut if you will. I separate these games completely from any game before it.

Last edited:
Nah, not silly, same here. It feels wrong to send in Pokemon from another game. I don't like sending in eggs or anything like that either. I'm also disappointed that Pokemon like Drampa (and Kommo-O for that matter) are only available so late in the game, so I'll never be able to properly use them. And Dusk Lycanroc will be the first ever event Pokemon that I actually use. I usually don't even like using event mons, it feels unnatural for my journey, but since Dusk is exclusive to event (and one of the few additions in USUM worth caring about), I'll break my rule just this once.

Dusk Lycanroc isn't exclusive to the event, though? It can breed more Own Tempo Rockruff.

That said, I'll probably try using the event one after getting like 4 Rockruff per version (2 Rockruff to keep as is, 1 Rockruff for my living dex/the other for messing around, 2 Dusk Lycanroc for Z-Happy Hour sets, and 1 Dusk Lycanroc for my living dex/the other for messing around). Especially since if I breed it, it'll be so behind compared to my other team members.

Geez. I'm going to have an army of Rockruff, and that's not even counting the fact that it can be bred in other types of PokeBalls.

Mod note:
General reminder that everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. It's fine to discuss your opinion, but please do so without invalidating other people's views. People don't want to buy the game? Great, let them. People do want to buy the game? Great, let them.

No looking down on anybody for what they do or not here please.

I don't see it as laziness at all. I didn't see any new Pokemon besides forms in BW2 if I'm correct? and I love how people consistently use BW2 as a base for everyhing they want; go play BW2 then. This is USUM and I don't see how constantly using Gen 5 as the bar is neccessary, clearly I have a different view. Gen 5 was my least favourite generation and I never even bought BW2 until 6 months after release, I was in no rush.

For new beasts, forms and Pokemon in general, I shall be rushing this time. Yes, I was disappointed in no new alolan forms too, but I'm not boycotting the whole game for that simple fact and running back to BW2 for reference every post lol.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a game to surpass the standards set by another from half a decade ago as people want to see a franchise build upon what was done in the past. It's why games like Mario Odyssey are hailed, it took from what was done in the original 64 and some of the other 3D outings and improved on a lot of their elements, making for an experience that many consider potentially defines the 3D franchise for years to come. So if people are feeling like USUM isn't passing the bar that B2W2 set, then of course they're going to be disappointed. They've shown they can do more and yet more doesn't seem to be done.

Now, you're welcome to not care about that and prefer USUM for what it brings to the table, but at the same time you can't dismiss others disappointments for wishing USUM did more to build on the successes of B2W2 and the other third versions. It's a valid opinion to wish that USUM could've been more, you can't try to denounce other's opinions just because you don't agree with that.

The story differences are no more significant than Emerald's or Platinum's.
Lusamine obsesses over stopping Necrozma rather than idolizing Nihilego, but it's the same idea of her abusing Nebby and mistreating her kids. Lillie and Hau serve the same roles as before and do extremely little in the way of surprise. The Ultra Megalopolis segment is completely limited to the Ultra Necrozma battle; it's no Distortion World, and I am not a Platinum fan.

Episode RR is different. There really isn't much of a story to it, so it would be fair to compare it to the PWT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dusk Lycanroc isn't exclusive to the event, though? It can breed more Own Tempo Rockruff.

I meant in the sense that it's the only way I can get it when I buy UM on Friday and do my first playthrough; i.e. not catchable in the wild.

so it would be fair to compare it to the PWT.

But with way less replay value as you only play through it once, right? Seems more comparable to the Delta Episode.

Edit: and if you're talking regards to story; SM DID the damn thing imo, waaay better than BW or BW2 did. Sure from what we've seen, its no adapted upon, but altered, THAT interests me. It's not slap-new-clothes-on-the-rival and give it a different name with new areas. It's alternated, a cut if you will. I separate these games completely from any game before it.
This is going on opinions and it's probably a discussion not worth having but I can't see how people may say that SM did the story better than BW. SM has way more holes than BW ever did, SM has characters with no purpose at all (Mina), has important characters be useless after you see them once (most of the trial captains except Acerola), and has a whole team with no purpose whatsoever (Team Skull). All that said I found the games entertaining and I even like Team Skull, but storywise it's not that well made imo. Even the real bad guy of the story was tremendously obvious, something that I would say it wasn't as obvious in BW. Ghetsis real plan was in a way clever and it wasn't obvious because N's Plasma had a interesting goal that distracts you from the real end goal. Lusamine's goal was.. ok? Why did she even need Team Skull's assistance?
Lillie was a nice character but the game revolves around her.
In BW the game revolves around your beliefs versus N's beliefs. It feels like you matter to that world, in SM not really..

I dunno, I enjoyed SM but it has 0 replay value, and going back to it only makes me notice more minor plot holes and lack of good storybuilding for some characters. (I still find it odd that Lillie didn't even try to get a Pokémon..)

Black and White is incredible for me. And yeah BW2 didn't introduce new mons, but the story was worth playing after BW.
If i ever want to play all the games in a row I'll pick either Red&Blue or Yellow, not both, either Gold&Silver or Crystal, not both, either Ruby&Sapphire or Emerald, not both, either Diamond&Pearl or Platinum, not both. And from what the people that played the games have been saying, either S&M or USUM, not both. But you better believe I will play Black&White AND Black2&White2 because they just can't be considered the same games.

All that said, I will play USUM and give it a chance, but it's just sad knowing what could've been and what it is..

Back
Top Bottom