• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

Close Combat, Drain Punch and Iron Head being among Kommo-o's tutor moves is very nice, but hopefully it'll be more useful now with CC. Zen Headbutt is great for all Lycanroc forms, but giving them Earth Power is so strange when they're physical attackers who can't even learn EQ. Drill Run and Stomping Tantrum are pretty good alternatives though.

Hala is demoted as just an island kahuna and not an elite four sad they could have demote acerola instead
Personally I would've demoted both of them. Fighting and Ghost are already over-represented as Elite Four types imo.

Last edited:
I like that they changed some of the poses in the Pokedex. It changes the experience a bit.

But regarding its contents...I'm not satisfied at all, the fossils are taking many important spots for no reason again, and there are a lot of Normal types (which I don't like because of their usually boring designs and their lack of usefulness when it comes to teambuilding). It's surprising that some Megas were left out through.

Marshtomp in Island Scan :love:

And the new mythical is...a furry...with an edgy appearance...Electric-type...2018 will be hard to endure. This thing will be everywhere. And the controversy with its type will make him even more popular...

Do we know if we can capture multiple versions of UB in their Ultra Spaces? Or will we just have one Guzzlord/Xurkitree/Buzzwole/Pheromosa in their area, and the worlds are just glorified dungeons? I didn't see anything on the encounter table so I'm a little worried.

Do we have the order of the Alola dex yet? It's such a little thing but I like playing with regional dex stats to see how much and when BST starts picking up in a dex.

Regarding Zeraora. Is it classified in the same way legendaries are, or are we assuming its mythical because of the 600 BST, and its placement in the dex? Because while its an amazing design, I can easily see it being revealed later on that its actually a gen 8 teaser Pokemon, with it gaining a Pre-Evo in the switch games.

~The starters all getting an additional level up move prior to their evolution is pretty cool. Rowlet gets Ominous Wind (fitting and no longer only obtainable through breeding!), Popplio gets Icy Wind (gives them a better time against Rowlet & Dartrix) and Litten gets...Double Kick. Lol, really Game Freak? But, Decidueye rightfully learns Phantom Force and Shadow Sneak! YES! While Incineroar naturally learns a ton off Move Tutor moves. All we need now is their HAs released.

~Lurantis GETS SUPERPOWER! Yes! I don't how much this will improve its usage and effectiveness, but it basically can now utilize the same boost that Serperior, Spinda and Malamar can. And it has a way to hit Steel types effectively! I'm so pumped.

~Pretty disappointed with Lycanroc Dusk's BST. It's identical to Midday's except for subtracting two points from Speed and adding them to Attack (75/117/65/55/65/110). Now it Speed ties with a lot of the other 110s. I still think it is vastly better than Midday with its ability, but now it seems more apparent that Game Freak simply made it because Midday wasn't as popular as Midnight. So, they made a Midday clone with Midnight features and different ability and coloring. Sigh (still want to use one though). I am impressed they both can learn Drill Run now. It seems pretty fitting too, with their manes and speed.

~I'm liking the new additions to the Pokedex. Although, there isn't a lot of Sinnoh love.

Last edited:
We don't have the TM compatibility list yet to see if anything changed, so no word Surf Raichu yet. (We're still missing TM learnsets for the new Pokemon.)

I heard you get a Surfing Pikachu as the best reward for Mantine Surf though I'm not sure how true that is.

Regarding Zeraora. Is it classified in the same way legendaries are, or are we assuming its mythical because of the 600 BST, and its placement in the dex? Because while its an amazing design, I can easily see it being revealed later on that its actually a gen 8 teaser Pokemon, with it gaining a Pre-Evo in the switch games.

So a Gen VII Pokemon with a Gen VIII pre-evolution.

I heard you get a Surfing Pikachu as the best reward for Mantine Surf though I'm not sure how true that is.

So a Gen VII Pokemon with a Gen VIII pre-evolution.
A gen 7 Event only Pokemon that is native to the gen 8 region via pre evo. Think Lucario effectively being a Sinnoh mon, but as an event in Emerald.

Woah, the Swirlix line gets Sticky Web as an egg move now!
That's pretty awesome! Certainly fits their sticky characteristics-their version is probably like, sticky cotton candy or something. :p I'm curious to see how this affects their competitive usage.

Also, to anyone, have TM moves and compatibility been released yet? And is there a numbered version of Move Tutor moves?

Oh well, I guess I'm one of the few who is quite content with the datamine leaks, new pokemon/UBs and their typings. Only wished that Electric mythical had a Fighting sec.type.

Necrozma's design in SM looked like a dragon. So this Ultra Necrozma typing doesn't surprise me. Also the battle theme for this creature is godly!!

Too bad no new megas like hydreigon for ghetsis because that would have been rad!

There's no Bellossom either :giggle:
Wait, no Bellossom? Game Freak, how could you?! This was the perfect chance to add a tropical Pokémon into a tropical region, and you blew it. Bellossom screams Hawaii! Why did you think it was ever a good idea to leave it out?

You do catch a Zygarde 50% in resolution cave

Dexio says it might have come because of the UBs, but that’s all he says

I feel Ultra Vindicated
Finally, an explanation for Zygarde! It isn't much, but it's a lot better than just leaving it all to speculation.

Last edited:
Wait, no Bellossom? Game Freak, how could you?! This was the perfect chance to add a tropical Pokémon into a tropical region, and you bl. Bellossom screams Hawaii! Why did you think it was ever a good idea to leave it out?
Plus nearly all of the newly-added Pokemon are from two-stage lines. Having more three-stage lines would have added a lot.

And the new mythical is...a furry...with an edgy appearance...Electric-type...2018 will be hard to endure. This thing will be everywhere. And the controversy with its type will make him even more popular...

Yup, sadly. It's a mixture of Lucario, Luxray and Zoroark and is already making me want to vomit.

Woah, the Swirlix line gets Sticky Web as an egg move now!

And Ribombee and Araquanid! Although they are getting this at the same time like 50 new Defog users are being added...

Looking at the island scan list, I'm sad that the mons that were taking off it weren't placed in the regional dex instead. Was hoping for Solosis and Venipede to be available now, but nope :(

Also interesting to note: even though Slurpuff was shown in the latest trailers, it's nowhere to be found in the regional dex...

Back
Top Bottom