• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

What about the totem Pokémon you can exchange for the stickers? Are they just literally big Pokémon?

Any word on available outfits for both trainers?
I don't know who gets what, but I found in the game text file new clothing options. For some reason, the Pokémon Centre Nurse Cap is listed twice:
Hero Cap
Trial Guide Cap
Pokémon Center Nurse Cap
Team Skull Cap
Pikachu Cap
Active Hat
Vacation Hat
Luran Shorts
Karate Gi Pants
Pokémon Center Nurse Skirt
Active Shorts
Vacation Shorts
Luran Tank
Karate Gi Jacket
Pokémon Center Nurse Top
Trial Guide Tee
Pikachu Shirt
Poké Ball Tee
Alola Shirt
Active Tank
Vacation Tank
Luran Headband
Pokémon Center Nurse Cap
Luran Shoes
Agent Sunglasses
Kommo-o Tassets
Kommo-o Helm
Kommo-o Greaves
Kommo-o Sollerets
Kommo-o Breastplate
Active Bag
Active Shoes
Active Socks
Vacation Bag
Vacation Sandals
The Active stuff I assume is boy protag default, same with Vacation set and girl protag. The Karate and Nurse clothes are rewards for completing the Alola Dex, according to the story text files.

Pretty let down by GF. They've added very little.

New Pokemon? I'm always down for that. And then that's where the ball drops.

The game is basically the same as SM with some team changes, change to the ending and new totems.
Cutscenes can't be skipped.
More focus on minigames with little replay value over bringing back fan-favourites. like a proper Battle Frontier, or PWT.
Rainbow Rocket literally has no place in the game's universe. Exists purely to remind people that GF had better ideas 20 years ago.
That terrible Festival Plaza comes back with a weak, diluted knock-off of the Battle Factory for no apparent reason.
No new Alolan forms. Confirming once and for all that Gen 8 will have neither Megas or Regional Variants, since they're seemingly finished with them.
You can battle Ash, presumably through a future event. Not against this, just find the timing of it really strange, I mean the optimal time would've been Pokemon Yellow.
Basically it's £5 DLC in a £40 package and it took a year to make, and that's a year squandered.

Game Freak, in my opinion, have completely lost touch with what made their games magical. I honestly hope the game gets critically panned so maybe they'll wake up.

Just gonna stick to the TCG and Showdown for the rest of this gen.

Pretty let down by GF. They've added very little.

New Pokemon? I'm always down for that. And then that's where the ball drops.

The game is basically the same as SM with some team changes, change to the ending and new totems.
Cutscenes can't be skipped.
More focus on minigames with little replay value over bringing back fan-favourites. like a proper Battle Frontier, or PWT.
Rainbow Rocket literally has no place in the game's universe. Exists purely to remind people that GF had better ideas 20 years ago.
That terrible Festival Plaza comes back with a weak, diluted knock-off of the Battle Factory for no apparent reason.
No new Alolan forms. Confirming once and for all that Gen 8 will have neither Megas or Regional Variants, since they're seemingly finished with them.
You can battle Ash, presumably through a future event. Not against this, just find the timing of it really strange, I mean the optimal time would've been Pokemon Yellow.
Basically it's £5 DLC in a £40 package and it took a year to make, and that's a year squandered.

Game Freak, in my opinion, have completely lost touch with what made their games magical. I honestly hope the game gets critically panned so maybe they'll wake up.

Just gonna stick to the TCG and Showdown for the rest of this gen.
If they are going to charge $40 dollar for a game, at least give it more unique Z-moves or more new formes or pokemon. What with Z-power ring allow you to use more Z-moves? 5 mores maybe?! It's a scam!!

Rants aside, I would love to see Ultra Necrozma official art. It look like all it is the take your Necrozma body parts and rearrange it concept that we all speculated last year.

Game Freak, 2016: let's make mega evolution sound like outright animal abuse and torture
Fans, 2016: this is horrible, don't make it worse
Game Freak, 2o17: hold my god damn beer
But there's at least one Pokemon having a good time!

Having been swallowed whole by Shellder, Slowbro now has an iron defense. It's pretty comfortable in there, too.
Who would've thought.

Huh. I can’t find any mention of the codenames Burst, Assembly, or Adhesive in the story files. I guess they were purely for promotional purposes.

(I’m also slightly disappointed that, due to the removal of the Looker/Anabel episode, there’s not any Wickesposition paragraph for Stakataka or Blacephylon, not even from the Recon Squad. Just pure, straight-up Dex entries. It’s a minor thing, for sure, but I really liked how they went a little more in-depth about the physiology and behavior of the Ultra Beasts in SM.)

Silvally: Signal Beam, Iron Head, Magic Coat, Iron Defense, Last Resort, Icy Wind, Zen Headbutt, Hyper Voice, Snore, Heat Wave, Tailwind, Outrage, Defog, Laser Focus.

I'll work on doing some more now.
No dragon pulse Silvally for me I guess... I really wanted a special dragon Silvally (I know Draco Meteor, but you lose special attack) to alternate with my special electric set

[Guzma] has a Vikavolt now

Yeessss. Our boy has good taste.

I haven't read any story leaks and don't plan to. I did catch a glimpse of the dex, and there's good stuff there. My only issue is with Zeraora. In a generation otherwise full of diverse monster designs that I have adored 100%, a bipedal electric cat seems rather underwhelming. It just looks so out of place and doesn't seem all that inspired from first glance. It doesn't even have a second typing or unique lore behind it. And it's designated as mythical? Why? The dex entry provides zero justification. We already have two big electric cat-like things, and two bipedal mammals, all of which have clear design inspirations and motifs.

I'm sure it'll grow on me with time, but it just seems like such a useless addition. I'm seeing a lot of love for it elsewhere, so I won't be terribly salty, but I think this might be the first time I've been disappointed with a new Pokemon.

Yeessss. Our boy has good taste.

I haven't read any story leaks and don't plan to. I did catch a glimpse of the dex, and there's good stuff there. My only issue is with Zeraora.
I'm sure it'll grow on me with time, but it just seems like such a useless addition. I'm seeing a lot of love for it elsewhere, so I won't be terribly salty, but I think this might be the first time I've been disappointed with a new Pokemon.

Simple answer for the existence of Zeraora: movie promotion.

Hey, if a movie gives Zeraora at least some explanation, I'll buy it. I'm not picky! I'm a fool with a lot of free time, I can fill in the gaps myself. Just give me straws to grasp at.

I doubt it's Gen VIII, if it's in a Gen VII game. It might be a Zygarde situation where they'll do more of it next gen, though.

Back
Top Bottom