• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

So it seems we got a list of version exclusive Totem-sized Pokemon. At least for Ultra Moon.

- Alolan Raticate (20 Stickers)
- Araquanid (40 Stickers)
- Salazzle (50 Stickers)
- Togedemaru (70 Stickers)
- Mimikyu (80 Stickers)
- Kommo-o (100 Stickers)

We already know Totem-sized Lurantis is Ultra Sun-only, but this confirms Gumshoos, Alolan Marowak, Vikavolt, and Ribombee are exclusive to Ultra Sun. Only thing I'm questioning is - what's the Totem that's in both versions? I'm gonna throw a guess and say it's Mimikyu - since it doesn't really have a counterpart (Gumshoos/Raticate, Lurantis/Salazzle, likely Araquanid/Marowak, likely Vikavolt/Togedemaru, and likely Kommo-o/Ribombee, since they're the only ones on Poni Island).
I've been reading too that Totem Alolan Raticate has its HA. And that all Totem sized Pokemon have 3 perfect IVs and can be reset for natures.

Did they do anything to the castle at the Sunne/Moone Lake? I remember it being big with lots of doors. But only had a handful of items and a Cosmog for the player.

My thoughts exactly... the emptiness of Wela Volcano is easily one of my biggest gripes with SM/USUM. Taking a literal mountain, the best place for a dungeon, and making it a teleport rather than making any semblance of a cave to traverse the insides... it's unheard of prior to SM.

Guess I'm still waiting for them to outdo Emerald's Magma Hideout...Fine opportunity lost here in Hawaii.

But the worst is Ultra Megalopolis not being a city like its namesake, and just an empty corridor. That was awful
But at least the promo art is cool right.

Last edited:
So it seems we got a list of version exclusive Totem-sized Pokemon. At least for Ultra Moon.

- Alolan Raticate (20 Stickers)
- Araquanid (40 Stickers)
- Salazzle (50 Stickers)
- Togedemaru (70 Stickers)
- Mimikyu (80 Stickers)
- Kommo-o (100 Stickers)

We already know Totem-sized Lurantis is Ultra Sun-only, but this confirms Gumshoos, Alolan Marowak, Vikavolt, and Ribombee are exclusive to Ultra Sun. Only thing I'm questioning is - what's the Totem that's in both versions? I'm gonna throw a guess and say it's Mimikyu - since it doesn't really have a counterpart (Gumshoos/Raticate, Lurantis/Salazzle, likely Araquanid/Marowak, likely Vikavolt/Togedemaru, and likely Kommo-o/Ribombee, since they're the only ones on Poni Island).
i got around 94 stickers can't find the last 6 :cry:

But the worst is Ultra Megalopolis not being a city like its namesake, and just an empty corridor. That was awful

Wait....WHAT?!

Wow I hadn't heard about this yet and just....man that's bad :/ The volcano and golf course not being upgraded I wasn't too surprised about, but I was 100% expecting that to be an actual city. Kinda glad I know this beforehand, I would've raged had I found this out myself, ugh.

-looks at the changes for Zebstrika- wow not even getting Stomping Tantrum as a tutor move.. I don't understand why they don't like giving nice things to this pokemon.. It's one the pokemon that looks good on paper.. until you look at it's movepool.. :/

Zebstrika was one of the first Pokemon I checked for move updates and was only disappointed yet again. They keep giving every single move to Rapidash and giving the scraps to Zebstrika. Rapidash can already learn Drill Run, it won't really appreciate High Horsepower like Zebstrika would. It has 100 Attack and 80 Sp.Atk, but basically no good physical moves to put that Attack to use. :(

Zebstrika can learn Flame Charge, so I think Flare Blitz would be fair. Rapidash was just given High Horsepower (as was Donphan) yet no luck for Zebstrika. I think even Jump Kick could fit since other hoofed Pokemon like Stantler and Sawsbuck get it. But nope they just give it things like Feint and Snatch :/

That's bad to say the least. I wonder how come they didn’t give the HEEL wrestler the literal Unfair Attack.

Not that I think there’s any reason why Incineroar couldn’t learn that, but I feel like being a bit pedantic - Sucker Punch isn’t actually a punch, it’s a muddled translation.

Yeah, it's more like a surprise attack/ambush. Which is why you have things like Galvantula that can learn it and Hitmonchan that can't learn it. That being said, Incineroar could get away with learning it since it's both a cat (stealthy attacker) and a Dark-type.

I'm still waiting for Krookodile to learn it.

Not that I think there’s any reason why Incineroar couldn’t learn that, but I feel like being a bit pedantic - Sucker Punch isn’t actually a punch, it’s a muddled translation.

I know that Sucker Punch isn’t supposed to be a Punch. It’s a surprise/unfair attack. Incineroar is a heel whose entire job revolves around playing dirty and doing surprise attacks.

It seems JUST the move Incineroar was made for.

If there is any consolation, is that it would have to Ultra Burst before it can use the Z-move. In other word, it can't do both on the same turn.

man, the mechanics are getting more and more complicated, don't they.

man, the mechanics are getting more and more complicated, don't they.
Well, at least it's not as tedious as Zygarde. That's a plus. Basically you defeat Necrozma, then pick up Ultranecromium Z right there. Then Colress come and give you the fusing machine all in one go.
Convoluted aside, these are all variations of Mega. Battle Bond, Primal Reversion, now Ultra Burst, everything with bursting out of a sphere animation.
Also, there is only one size fit all button on the side for Mega, Z-move, and Ultra Burst, and GF doesn't want to separate them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least it's not as tedious as Zygarde. That's a plus. Basically you defeat Necrozma, then pick up Ultranecromium Z right there. Then Colress come and give you the fusing machine all in one go.
Convoluted aside, these are all variations of Mega. Battle Bond, Primal Reversion, now Ultra Burst, everything with bursting out of a sphere animation.
Also, there is only one size fit all button on the side for Mega, Z-move, and Ultra Burst, and GF doesn't want to separate them.

They should have basically made ash-greninja an ultra burst pokemon rather than change his ability with water shuriken as his z moves... Tsk game freak wrong move lol

Back
Top Bottom