• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

Yes but they could have used the same concept for ash-greninja well such a wasted opportunity

Any scenario in which a new mechanic is introduced solely for the sake of unlocking God Mode Necrozma and... making a Greninja look like Ash is simply too awkward to bear.

Conversely, distributing it much further would undermine the whole point of Z-Moves and would just be a shallow reskin of Mega Evolution.

Zebstrika was one of the first Pokemon I checked for move updates and was only disappointed yet again. They keep giving every single move to Rapidash and giving the scraps to Zebstrika. Rapidash can already learn Drill Run, it won't really appreciate High Horsepower like Zebstrika would. It has 100 Attack and 80 Sp.Atk, but basically no good physical moves to put that Attack to use. :(

Zebstrika can learn Flame Charge, so I think Flare Blitz would be fair. Rapidash was just given High Horsepower (as was Donphan) yet no luck for Zebstrika. I think even Jump Kick could fit since other hoofed Pokemon like Stantler and Sawsbuck get it. But nope they just give it things like Feint and Snatch :/
I can see why Rapidash has Drill run and not Zebstrika since it has a horn but stomping tantrum, and High horsepower feels like something every horse like pokemon should have since they have hooves.. Zebstrika needs more love with the movepool so it's not forced into special moves like overheat and thunderbolt with an 80 base and not using that decent 100 base attack with only a 60 base fire move, Wild charge, and return. they missed giving it some nice coverage but it'll still need some more things for it to be a lot better imo..

do we have trainer rematches? or some way to get exp other than grinding for hours on wild pokemon?

do we have trainer rematches? or some way to get exp other than grinding for hours on wild pokemon?
Good thought, hopefully it will be available like most other 3rd versions/sequels, or you can always grind elite 4.

I took a peek at several of the new Totem's and their allies move-sets (even though I told myself not to :X3:), and my goodness. We're talking TM moves, Egg moves, Move Tutor moves, Hidden Abilities and uncommon, but great, Totem + S.O.S synergy. Barring the obligatory easy first Trial, I am super stoked to battle the Totems this time around.

If this is the direction Game Freak's newer, younger members are going, then I fully support it. They aren't afraid of giving players a challenge.

Good thought, hopefully it will be available like most other 3rd versions/sequels, or you can always grind elite 4.

You can now fight wild Chansey on Poni Island. They can SOS call for Blissey, who carry Lucky Eggs. So, steal the Eggs, SOS battle Chanseys and Blisseys, use a Rainbow Bean and watch your EXP gain soar.

I hear that the datamine mentions Ash as an NPC. I'm curious... does anyone know what that means?

NeSigTP.png

Bigger version of the Global Link art for the new stuff. Click the image for full size.

NeSigTP.png

Bigger version of the Global Link art for the new stuff. Click the image for full size.

they're awesome. i can't wait for zoraora's art.

still sad that the only new ub is poipole's evo. wish they could've done at least another pair.

also, what about the blue form of ultra necrozma? i hope it also has its own art when they have essentially duplicates for totems. it's too bright too, it'd be nice if it has a neutral mode like xerneas has.

Last edited:
they're awesome. i can't wait for zoraora's art.

still sad that the only new ub is poipole's evo. wish they could've done at least another pair.

also, what about the blue form of ultra necrozma? i hope it also has its own art when they have essentially duplicates for totems. it's too bright too, it'd be nice if it has a neutral mode like xerneas has.
Isn't the blue form the shiny?

Yeah the blue one is the shiny version.

oh, i missed that :/ i thought the blue one is dawn wings' ultra burst form. ultra necrozma looks closer to dusk mane, then.. kinda looks unfair to me.
Maybe. But aside from the colour, it looks more similar to Dawn Wings. I mean it has wings.

So does the totem sticker quest replace the zygarde cell quest?

Pretty much, yeah.

The Totem Stickers are all over the overworld, and instead, you now catch Zygarde 50% in Resolution Cave, and then battle Dexio, who hands you a 10% Forme and a Zygarde Cube with the remaining 40 cells. You can then take all of that to the lab and assemble it however you like.

Pretty much, yeah.

The Totem Stickers are all over the overworld, and instead, you now catch Zygarde 50% in Resolution Cave, and then battle Dexio, who hands you a 10% Forme and a Zygarde Cube with the remaining 40 cells. You can then take all of that to the lab and assemble it however you like.
Again, that’s good, because i never finished the original zygarde quest. Seemed kind of pointless to me.

Seemed kind of pointless to me.

Well the point was to make a unique sidequest for obtaining a Legendary Pokémon where you had to actually work at it for once (you can't just walk up to the cells all over the region with a Smeargle and some Dusk Balls and be done in five minutes), and to add a bit more content to SM.

I understand why they've changed it for USUM, and in the big picture it's the right call, but at the same time, it eliminates the one thing that made Zygarde stand out and turns it into a boring old cave encounter + everything else being handed to you gift-wrapped. But that's fine. Ziggy was fortunate to get the in-game limelight that it did, and this would have happened sooner or later anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom