• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM / Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee! anime speculation thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Even though there is not much known about Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon and the new main series Switch title at this point, what will the announcement of these games mean for the anime? Will it lead to a new sub-saga? Or will the anime just continue on its current course by simply adapting SM? Discuss and speculate here.

Hmm… I'm not sure how the reveal will actually influence the anime, but it still made me wonder: what if they have been stalling us because they want to incorporate some elements from the incoming games? Probably they working by on some USUM-related plot and are waiting for more details to be revealed, in order to promote both SM and USUM.

That still wouldn't completely excuse the snail-like pacing we have got so far, but it would be somewhat justifiable.

It's hard to say for sure right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did want to wait awhile in order to incorporate elements from US/UM and Sun/Moon at the same time. This could be the case if the Trials are significantly different in US/UM and they wanted to wait until the games are revealed/come out to start showing those differences.

I'm almost convinced that Ultra-Solgaleo, Ultra-Lunala and Necrozma will be the protagonists of M21, alongside their normal forms. Or maybe they will be in an 1-hour OVA towards the end of the year.

As for the main anime I'm not sure, after seeing how ORAS was handled. The Akala arc could be well finished in 18-22 episodes leading towards an Ultra-Sun & Ultra-Moon sub series, but it's too early to tell if that fits the nature of this series. At least, we should see the unseen characters in their USUM redesigns.

It's hard to say for sure right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did want to wait awhile in order to incorporate elements from US/UM and Sun/Moon at the same time. This could be the case if the Trials are significantly different in US/UM and they wanted to wait until the games are revealed/come out to start showing those differences.
or if Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon A-R-E Actually sequels that takes place AFTER SUN & MOON, akin to what B2 &W2 were to Black & White , then Gyms will be included in the games, since Their Construction which was just beginning in Alola towards the end of the game, would be Already finished by the Time of US & UM!!

Like what others had said, it's hard to figure out what's going to happen as of right now. I think that they they're trying to stall us until the announcement comes and then they'll start to pick up the pace as time move on. Later on in the anime, we'll get a huge plot surrounding the Ultra Beast problems as everyone tries to figure out a way to stop them before it's too late. The writes of the anime will combine both Sun and Moon with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. This is going to be one crazy plot in the anime, I think it's going to come somewhere between the mid point and end point of the Sun and Moon anime. This is speculations, so we don't know what's going to happen in the future right now.

or if Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon A-R-E Actually sequels that takes place AFTER SUN & MOON, akin to what B2 &W2 were to Black & White , then Gyms will be included in the games, since Their Construction which was just beginning in Alola towards the end of the game, would be Already finished by the Time of US & UM!!

It's possible that they could include Gyms in Ultra Sun/Moon if they are sequels or just alternate universes of the original games, but I don't think that they'd be able to include Gym battles along with the Island Challenge in the show.

It's possible that they could include Gyms in Ultra Sun/Moon if they are sequels or just alternate universes of the original games, but I don't think that they'd be able to include Gym battles along with the Island Challenge in the show.
Maybe not in the Show; But I wasn't talking about the Show, I was talking about the games!!

Since they were just announced and little was shown to give us a feel, I really can't say. Heck, I'm still wrapping my head around it! :confused:

...Though I CAN say that this will likely effect the next couple of movies. We all know how they like to build films around forms for Legendaries & Mythicals! ;)

I just hope this doesn't mess up SM like Black2/White2 did BW, and to a lesser extent how the rest of Gen 3 messed up AG. :cautious:

The writers have pretty much fucked up the concepts introduced in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon so I don't know why you guys are dreaming about future features they might adapt from a pair of games set to be released in November.

So far their approach has been "screw the island challenge and let's have Ash goof around" and even though Gladion has appeared we didn't get any hints of him being a Team Skull member or having any involvement with the Aether Foundation.

I don't think the writers are waiting for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon to get the story moving. They usually go with the flow and adapt the games as they come, they don't wait for future releases to do their stuff.

Since they were just announced and little was shown to give us a feel, I really can't say. Heck, I'm still wrapping my head around it! :confused:

...Though I CAN say that this will likely effect the next couple of movies. We all know how they like to build films around forms for Legendaries & Mythicals! ;)

I just hope this doesn't mess up SM like Black2/White2 did BW, and to a lesser extent how the rest of Gen 3 messed up AG. :cautious:
They can also build a story line in the form of movies like they did in generation 4.

Honestly I can't even tell what this means for the anime cause they've been so focused on just dicking around on Melemele Island with no hints of Ash even starting or DOING the trials on Akala Island. Olivia is getting her anime debut soon, but judging by the summaries, it looks like we'll just be having some classes on the island.

I'd like to see more of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon at E3. If they show us more there, we may have our answer as to why Ash hasn't gotten any further with his trials, especially if the story of Sun and Moon is noticeably different than the story of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

When are these games due out?
The 17th of November.

I think this really depends on how much Game Freak told the anime staff about their game plan after they release Sun and Moon during the development of this series so they can shape the plot of the show accordingly. I really hope the vast majority of the show isn't "slice of life filler" like what we've been getting since SM011 myself.

Maybe not in the Show; But I wasn't talking about the Show, I was talking about the games!!

But this section is about the show and this thread is about how the games could possibly affect the current series. If you want to talk about the games themselves, there's already a whole section devoted to them specifically.

I'm really curious about the "alternate storyline" that apparently exists within Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. We don't really know anything about the games yet, but when I heard that, and then saw this thread, I started to wonder if maybe trials are going to be presented differently in the new games, and the writers actually took most of the anime's elements from these games. Like what if, in the new games, the characters who were trial captains in Sun and Moon are still all in school? And the trials are run by different captains or solely by the totem Pokémon themselves?

Of course, that's just my brain running wild since one of the only hang ups I have with the anime right now is the lack of actual trial captains without even an explanation. But if it somehow came from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, then I could better understand it. Unlikely, I know, but just a thought.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom