• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM / Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee! anime speculation thread

Double battles aren't in the games as far as we know. The co-op feature is for 2vs1 battles, which I am not sure Game Freak would make the opponent pull on kids (even though they should).

Nah that is why you have the Kanto movies now. And why did they go to Kanto so soon in SM?

Because they wanted to celebrate the anime's 20th anniversary, so going to Kanto to introduce kids to Misty and Brock made sense. I don't know if they'll go back to Kanto to promote Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, but being in Kanto for another couple of episodes wouldn't be impossible. I still prefer the idea of Misty and Brock coming to Alola, if only because it would work as a nice follow up to the Kanto two parter.

There are Kanto Pokemon in the Alola dex lol
Agreed. But I think they focus more on Aloloan forms in the series.

Because they wanted to celebrate the anime's 20th anniversary, so going to Kanto to introduce kids to Misty and Brock made sense. I don't know if they'll go back to Kanto to promote Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, but being in Kanto for another couple of episodes wouldn't be impossible. I still prefer the idea of Misty and Brock coming to Alola, if only because it would work as a nice follow up to the Kanto two parter.
We can hope, we can only hope...

OMg does this mean I now have to spend £££s to replay the game I played till it broke just so I can battle my villainous baes again why God WHYYYYYYY?!?!?!?! :X3::love:

I would be very surprised if there is actually going to be a final season of the Sun & Moon anime based on Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee. I think it's more likely that we'll see just some more filler episodes between the Necrozma and Poni Island arcs, and then a final Alola League arc using the newly built Pokémon League building on Mt. Lanakila.

Maybe we could see another field trip to Kanto to promote the games, but I wouldn't bet on anything more than that.

The Necrozma arc certainly has come along sooner than I thought it would, though, so I guess anything is possible...

38755019_1817260368360242_5545411002339688448_n.jpg

I think the chances of Mega-Evolution coming back just went up some. Probably Brock and Misty (again, in their new outfits) with their Mega-evos for simplicity and kill two Flying-types with one Rock-type move. Though I'm hoping for more characters with Megas if possible.

While I'm here, ya think they'll bring back Gary dressed as the new rival (who kind of looks like him anyway), or just have the new rival (which I just don't get :confused:) stop by for a while?

Something else that just hit me: ya think we'll get an Eevee voiced by Aoi Yuki for good measure? o_O

Last edited:
A part of me does kind of hope that they'll throw in some new Mega Pokemon in these games. They would be limited to just the first generation, but new Mega Evolutions would be pretty awesome and seeing them in the show too. Plus, the idea of Team Rocket using a Mega Arbok and Mega Weezing at least in the games sounds pretty cool, even though it probably isn't too likely to happen. I could definitely see Misty and Brock returning in their new outfits to showcase Mega Pokemon some more though.

I'm not against new Mega Evolutions but didn't some of these guys get Alola Forms in this generation already? Hopefully there's no overlap, like a Mega Raticate.

I'm not against new Mega Evolutions but didn't some of these guys get Alola Forms in this generation already? Hopefully there's no overlap, like a Mega Raticate.

A Mega Raticate would be pretty strange for multiple reasons. I still kind of wouldn't mind a Mega Raichu or Mega Ninetales, even though they both have Alolan forms, but I think trying to avoid an overlap like that would be good. Even within the first generation, there are Pokemon that could benefit from a Mega Evolution. I still want a Mega Arcanine and a Mega Golduck.

No evidence that LGPE Nyasu speaks, which I suppose fits with the way anime Nyasu nowadays barely speaks... Guess he'll be completely mute by 2019? :censored:

I find it honestly surprising we haven't had a single reference to Mantine Surfing in the anime yet. It would fit in perfectly with SM's tone and it would make for a possibly entertaining filler. They could create a competition around it for the gang to compete in or something.

Ash still needs to go to Poni Island for his final trial and considering it's next to Melemele Island, I could see Mantine Surfing into play there. But we'll see.

What are the odds we see the Ultra Recon Squad? I've long given up trying to guess what SM will do, and we do seem to be approaching Necrozma stuff. Is one of the episodes going to cliffhang itself and find Ash being poked at by Zossie or something?

I find it honestly surprising we haven't had a single reference to Mantine Surfing in the anime yet. It would fit in perfectly with SM's tone and it would make for a possibly entertaining filler. They could create a competition around it for the gang to compete in or something.

Ash still needs to go to Poni Island for his final trial and considering it's next to Melemele Island, I could see Mantine Surfing into play there. But we'll see.
Maybe at Poni Beach? I could also see it as a good way to re-lighten the mood after the Necrozma arc.

It would also be kinda funny if they revealed that Samson Oak was an expert surfer, like he is in the games.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom