• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM / Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee! anime speculation thread

Usually, Ash only catches Pokemon from older gens if they evolve into a new Pokemon.
Hey, traditions can be broken, right? Anyeay, I see two (at least likely) chances how this is going to play out, in case the Eevee indeed winds up with Ash:
  1. It will stay as an Eevee and act solely as promotional material for the Let's Go! games.
  2. It will eventually, either during this series or the inevitable Generation VIII series, evolve into a currently unknown Eeveelution, thus promoting both Let's Go! and Gen. VIII.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that Popplio hasn't evolved because he's marketable, whereas Tsareena is effective as fanservice and rule 34 bait.

I still can't believe that Mao's pokemon evolved twice while Suiren's Ashimari is still in its base form.
I'll go out on a limb and guess that Popplio hasn't evolved because he's marketable
Primarina ranked 3rd in a popularity poll earlier this year so one would expect they'd want to show off one of the more popular Pokémon, ya know like they've done with Rowlet (Ranked 1st), Mimikyu (Ranked 2nd), Alolan Vulpix (Ranked 4th) and Dusk Lycanroc (Ranked 5th).

:coffee:Not complaining; just…confused.

Primarina ranked 3rd in a popularity poll earlier this year so one would expect they'd want to show off one of the more popular Pokémon, ya know like they've done with Rowlet (Ranked 1st), Mimikyu (Ranked 2nd), Alolan Vulpix (Ranked 4th) and Dusk Lycanroc (Ranked 5th).

:coffee:Not complaining; just…confused.

Idk then. Maybe the writers just hate Brionne/Primarina or they're planning on giving Lana the Eevee which'll evolve into Vaporeon.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that Popplio hasn't evolved because he's marketable, whereas Tsareena is effective as fanservice and rule 34 bait.

Idk then. Maybe the writers just hate Brionne/Primarina or they're planning on giving Lana the Eevee which'll evolve into Vaporeon.

Let's not forget that Popplio itself shows excitement about evolution. It dressed up as a Brionne quite happily, and showed excitement towards the Primarina painting.

Hey, traditions can be broken, right? Anyeay, I see two (at least likely) chances how this is going to play out, in case the Eevee indeed winds up with Ash:
  1. It will stay as an Eevee and act solely as promotional material for the Let's Go! games.
  2. It will eventually, either during this series or the inevitable Generation VIII series, evolve into a currently unknown Eeveelution, thus promoting both Let's Go! and Gen. VIII.
I have some problems with Ash catching Eevee. Pikachu and Eevee will end up hogging all of the spotlight in order to promote LGPE, leading to his other Pokemon to get shafted, including Dusk Lycanroc, and the regional ace never gets shafted. Also, it would be redundant to give Ash Eevee because he already has Pikachu to promote LGPE with.

I have some problems with Ash catching Eevee. Pikachu and Eevee will end up hogging all of the spotlight in order to promote LGPE, leading to his other Pokemon to get shafted, including Dusk Lycanroc, and the regional ace never gets shafted.

LGPE promotion is more important than 'shafting' the regional aces for the writers, sepciallly since SM isn’t a particularly battle-heavy series to begin with and Lycanroc got a lot of focus beforehand already.

You need to think from the writer's pov too.

and the regional ace never gets shafted.

Well after seeing how Ash's last regional ace hogged screen-time for what seemed like one third of XY&Z, I'd find it refreshing for Ash's current ace to take the backseat. I just wish it meant that Torracat and Rowlet would shine instead of Eevee getting the limelight.

Well after seeing how Ash's last regional ace hogged screen-time for what seemed like one third of XY&Z, I'd find it refreshing for Ash's current ace to take the backseat. I just wish it meant that Torracat and Rowlet would shine instead of Eevee getting the limelight.
Well, the regional ace never gets shafted. They're supposed to be the most prominent Pokemon for their series outside of Pikachu.

1. It will eventually, either during this series or the inevitable Generation VIII series, evolve into a currently unknown Eeveelution, thus promoting both Let's Go! and Gen. VIII.

I like this. Especially since it was done pretty well with Aipom, in my opinion.

RileyXY1 said:
Well, the regional ace never gets shafted. They're supposed to be the most prominent Pokemon for their series outside of Pikachu.

7wsYojS.jpg

Alola said:
I like this. Especially since it was done pretty well with Aipom, in my opinion.

It's like DP055 and DP124 didn't happen.

It's like DP055 and DP124 didn't happen.

We're talking about two different things. I'm referring to how Aipom was introduced to the series (during Gen 3) prior to Diamond & Pearl (Gen 4), caught by a main character, and later evolved in the subsequent new region, further promoting the new games seamlessly due to her inter-generational evolution. I thought it was brilliant move, especially as it had never been done before, to showcase how many Pokemon received evolutions in Generation 4.

The same could be done for Ash's potential Eevee, as a way to segue into Generation 8.

I'm not referring to how Aipom's departure was handled, as you seem to be implying.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom