• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM / Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee! anime speculation thread

Based on what?

Because Pixiv isn’t affiliated by The Pokemon Company in any way?

In addition, some Pokémon tend to be more popular among artists which would give them an inflated Pixiv result, whereas a poll is more based on general opinion.
If we were going by the amount of art a Pokémon garners Gardevoir would easily make the top 3 along with Lopunny.

Because Pixiv isn’t affiliated by The Pokemon Company in any way?
Did vote in that poll? I didn't. Neither the most parts of fandom. Pixiv results actually give us some data about their actual popularity. Not to mention the poll includes other evolutionary stages of same pokemon line, which makes its results more ambigious, as many fans of owl-line voted for Rowlet instead of its final evolution. And pokemon like Gardevoir and Lopunny are popular across the fandom, not just in artist community.

Last edited:
First of all, the point of mine you tried to contradict was that the poll is a more official source than Pixiv, and that’s a literal objective fact, whether you voted on the poll or not.

which makes its results more ambigious, as many fans of owl-line voted for Rowlet instead of its final evolution.

Which is actually helpful in determining which starter is more popular at which stage, and thus determining which starter is better to take the marketable unevolved role, and which one should be the ace.

Another factor is that 'fandom'=/= General Public and marketing cares more about the latter, since the former will buy merchandise of their favourites anyway without marketing.

And we’ve already seen that TPCi intends to market Incineroar more-
1. it was literally the only fully evolved Alolan starter to not be OHKOed in its first appearance
2. the first one to actually appear in a movie (which only had 3 notable Alolan Pokémon, which means that selections were made carefully)
3. Has been given mainstream attention as a Smash character

It literally appears in concept art with Ash and Mallow.

Greninja was also marketed similarly and ended up #1 in a similar poll in its generation.

First of all, the point of mine you tried to contradict was that the poll is a more official source than Pixiv, and that’s a literal objective fact, whether you voted on the poll or not.
Appearing in an official magazine doesn't make these results anymore official.
Which is actually helpful in determining which starter is more popular at which stage, and thus determining which starter is better to take the marketable unevolved role, and which one should be the ace.
But Litten is more popular than Incineroar according to your poll?
Another factor is that 'fandom'=/= General Public and marketing cares more about the latter, since the former will buy merchandise of their favourites anyway without marketing.
Which is exactly why pixiv results are a better representative than some poll from official pokemon magazine.
1. it was literally the only fully evolved Alolan starter to not be OHKOed in its first appearance
As a rival pokemon.
2. the first one to actually appear in a movie (which only had 3 notable Alolan Pokémon, which means that selections were made carefully)
As an antagonist and rival pokemon.
3. Has been given mainstream attention as a Smash character
Smash and anime follow different rules.
It literally appears in concept art with Ash and Mallow.
I doubt it means anything, unless there's gonna be some connection between it and Mallow.
Greninja was also marketed similarly and ended up #1 in a similar poll in its generation.
But Primarina is #1, again, according to your poll.

Appearing in an official magazine doesn't make these results anymore official.
It actually does since the informations obtained is authorised for display by the company and thus put underneath appropriate scrutiny.

Pixiv alone isn’t a good indication since For example Primarina may have a huge artist following, but little general public following, but it’ll still be shown as most popular on Pixiv because artists will draw Primarina artworks when in reality it might not fare well against Decidueye and Incineroar in the general public.

But Litten is more popular than Incineroar according to your poll?
Rowlet is the most popular base stage starter though.

As a rival pokemon.

As an antagonist and rival pokemon.
So? Promotion can be in many forms. Specially when you look at Incineroar's category.
Many fully evolved starters Ash got had separate debut appearances not under him.

Sceptile initially appeared as a rival, and Greninja was showcased by Senpai first.

Smash and anime follow different rules.
It’s not about rules but promotion.

I doubt it means anything, unless there's gonna be some connection between it and Mallow.
It was interacting with Ash and Pikachu too.

But Primarina is #1, again, according to your poll.
They’re not going to give Ash a stereotypically girly Pokemon when they’ve got Lana to showcase it. I’ve said before Popplio will atleast go to Brionne stage imo if not Primarina.

It actually does since the informations obtained is authorised for display by the company and thus put underneath appropriate scrutiny.
It's still a fan poll, nothing about it is official.
Primarina may have a huge artist following, but little general public following
Why would something like that happen? There is no reason for something popular in artist community to be unpopular in general public following.
Rowlet is the most popular base stage starter though.
Yet no one is expecting a Primarina.
It’s not about rules but promotion.
Smash had nothing to do with anime's promotion.
They’re not going to give Ash a stereotypically girly Pokemon when they’ve got Lana to showcase it. I’ve said before Popplio will atleast go to Brionne stage imo if not Primarina.
Eh. What's tge point? Even your poll proves that Incy is not popular. It's not the most popular pokemon, it's not the most popular starter, it's not the most popular final evo. It's not even one of the most popular 10 pokemon.

Even your poll proves that Incy is not popular. It's not the most popular pokemon, it's not the most popular starter, it's not the most popular final evo. It's not even one of the most popular 10 pokemon.

That Incineroar has always been more likely than Decidiueye and not the least popular fully evolved Alolan starter.

I guess we’re going way too off topic though.

In the end, Decidueye for Ash is pretty much impossible now.

I also want Ash to get Incineroar so that it can truly fulfil its job as a heel by drinking the tears of salty Decidueye fanbase.

(It’s meant to be a joke and not meant to harm the feelings of Decidueye fans, and I’m sorry if I accidentally offended them)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom