• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM / Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee! anime speculation thread

Since elements from third version games have made it into the anime before, I'm holding out hope that elements of USUM will appear in the anime as well. That said, I do hope Lusamine stays a villain, as the poster suggests new villains will appear. I want to see Lillie and Lusamine's conflict from the games in the anime.

New trailer released

Team Skull is still around, so we'll be seeing more of them in the show. Plus, it looks like adventures in Ultra Space...

Also, it turns out the new guys--the Ultra Recon Sqaud--aren't bad guys after all. They just have kickass outfits.

Last edited:
Hope Brock revisits alola, catches that new rock/flying pokemon and battles Ash but then litten better be fully evolved.

This anime is going to be the next Johto. Hope only more battles.

An arc about visiting the Ultra Beasts' spaces would be awesome, but it could end up being too expensive, so it will most likely happen in a movie.
Ultra Megalopolis and Ultra Recon Squad doen't fit too well with SM's style, and they're directly tied to Necrozma, but who knows, we might be surprised later.

The Rotomdex is getting some new features I feel will play a part...

Heck, it even looks like his role will be expanded!

(he really IS a bigger companion than the rest this Saga! :eek: )

If merchandise is to be believed, Mimikyu is getting a Z-Move and Z-Crystal! :LOL:

The question is that if it's used in the Show, will Team Rocket get it, or a some else with a Mimikyu (probably the latter, unfortunately :( )

Well Team Rocket already has one Z-Crystal, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they ended up getting the Mimikyu Z-Crystal, although they would need a Z-Ring to make either one work. I would hope that happens eventually otherwise I don't know why they got the Z-Crystal in the first place.

Don't know how they could use a Z-Ring though as the way Ash's one shattered when he didn't earn it via trials says it'll be a one off move for them. If not it'll be a huge oversight seeing as Ash getting one from a guardian deity would make him less worthy than TR finding one. Even if they make it look like it was a form of a trial, still pretty weak to me.

An interview with Ohmori & Kazumasa Iwao in Famitsu indicates there will be quite a bit of post game content and a longer or more eventful story. That certainly sounds like it could have quite an effect on the Show.

An interview with Ohmori confirms that USUM will be the last Main Series game on the 3DS.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Will Be the Last Pokemon RPGs for 3DS - IGN

This implies that Gen 7 really WILL be shorter than usual. :confused:
Which in turn may or may not mean that the Show's pacing will be rushed AF again...:cautious:

This especially doesn't bode well for this gen's Villain Teams. They may screw over Team Skull like they did Aqua & Magma while the Ultra Recon Squad may not be used at all.

Last edited:
^ I don't know. That's why I said "implies". I could be misreading it. Just saying just in case.

Last edited:
I don't know if that necessarily means that the seventh generation will be short. It could be, but it also seemed extremely obvious that US/UM would be the last main series games for the 3DS. I remember some people wondering if they'd put out another game on the system before moving to the Switch, but that seemed extremely unlikely when Nintendo is putting much more focus on the Switch and they announced a new main series title for the Switch.

It would really depend on whether or not the Switch games come out next year. They could just as easily take a year break to develop the Switch titles. It could go either way, so we can't say for sure right now. In terms of the anime, it would kind of make sense if they were planning on making SM a shorter series. It might explain why they seem much more uninterested with the Trials than I thought they would be when the series began. Depending on what US/UM adds in regards to the Island Trial, I could see them brushing through the rest of the Island Challenges pretty easily. I just don't know if they'd actually want to make a generation last for only two years though.

Last edited:
Okay...there are version exclusive Pokes

DMlOE8RX4AAy4Of.jpg:large

I know version exclusives have never been an issue for the Show, but what I'm curious about is if some of those pre-Aoloa Pokemon and/or their lines will get an episode in the spotlight. Like Manectric and/or Houndoom getting some focus (with Mega-Evolutions?), or an episode about fossil Pokemon. Maybe more field trips to other regions? o_O (That's quite a few Isshu Pokes :cautious:)

I'm probably being stupid again, but I sometimes I wonder...:unsure:

In which way it implies it?

A number of people think that they'll release the Switch game in 2018 so there isn't a year between (main) games.
Though I have trouble believing a Generation could be so short. Especially since a console game takes (a lot) more work than a handheld. Unless, of course, it's short, simple, & shallow...or a buggy, glitchy mess. :cautious:

And I doubt anyone wants either of those for the Main Series' console debut...

Last edited:
Also, here's something I just saw a reminder of on the Serebi forums:

Black & White and their sequels were released about a year and a half apart, yet BW lasted 3 years. So it's unlikely that SM will only last 2 years given everything they still have to explore, especially since USUM has twice as much content, which gives the creative team more to work with if they play their cards right.

Just as long as we don't get DA 2.0 :cautious:

It would depend on how much of that new content is featured within the storyline. It sounds like there's more post-storyline content, which is great, but I hope that US/UM have a lot of new content within the storyline itself as well for multiple reasons. Depending on that and what plans they have for the characters in general, that could easily give the anime another couple of years worth of content to make the generation last three years. It wouldn't be a huge stretch if the Switch titles came out next year, but I'd still say it's more likely that they'll take a year off to further develop those titles.

Team Rocket is confirmed to appear in USUM in some capacity:
2017-10-24_163646.jpg
DM4yn5cVoAAiDkB
It could mean nothing for the anime, but who knows. Maybe things go down really bad with the Aether Foundation/Ultra Recon Squad and Giovanni decides to send Grunts to Alola, or even come down himself like he did in BW.

I think that Giovanni and his grunts will go to Alola to cause trouble like he did in Unova. Jessie, James, and Meowth will realize that they'll have to choose who's side to be on.

I doubt much will come of this for the show.
As awesome as it would be for Giovanni or some other TR members to appear (the Boss could give Ash another epic pimp slap! :p ), OLM has never cared for TR outside of the Trio, so there's little point for them to start now. Even if GameFreak finally found some more fucks to give about them after all these years.

Besides, this saga is overcrowded and busy enough as it is. I'm not sure if TR Proper could fit in without is being forced and awkward...:cautious: (and that coming from someone who desperately wants to see them)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom